Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Share

    Poll

    Should they be banned?

    [ 38 ]
    57% [57%] 
    [ 4 ]
    6% [6%] 
    [ 25 ]
    37% [37%] 

    Total Votes: 67
    avatar
    Zzonked
     
     

    Posts : 24277
    Age : 25

    Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Zzonked on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:45 am

    This issue has been raised and I'd like to gauge public opinion on this.

    Here's the thread: http://www.the-playmaker.com/t12247-half-naked-naked-women-in-avy-sig

    Please be aware that any nudity that shows breasts or more is already not allowed, this is suggesting that provocative pictures of people in their underwear also be banned.

    Here is one example that wouldn't be allowed:



    Last edited by Zzonked on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:30 pm; edited 5 times in total

    Sean
     
     

    Posts : 33857
    Age : 23

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Sean on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:46 am

    Why?
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Guest on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:47 am

    I don't mind it in avatars, but not in big signatures like that
    avatar
    VivaRonaldoLAD
     
     

    Posts : 14745
    Location : United Road.
    Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by VivaRonaldoLAD on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:48 am

    Cam wrote:I don't mind it in avatars, but not in big signatures like that

    This. Its so awkward when my Mum is walking behind me and I pass a sig like that shifty
    avatar
    Grenade
     
     

    Formerly known as : grenade187
    Posts : 9113
    Age : 36

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Grenade on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:49 am

    Nice Smile
    Never quite got the point of pictures like that in sigs/avatars anyway.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Guest on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:49 am

    No, fuck off you phaggots.
    avatar
    Jord
     
     

    Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Posts : 33665
    Location : Equestria
    Supports : Liverpool FC

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Jord on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:53 am

    Fuck you underaged bastards moaning that your Mothers would cry at you if she saw a little bit of flesh. It's not even fucking nudity.

    A definite no from me.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Guest on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:53 am

    Shut up Jord

    Sean
     
     

    Posts : 33857
    Age : 23

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Sean on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:54 am

    I agree with Jord.
    avatar
    Jord
     
     

    Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Posts : 33665
    Location : Equestria
    Supports : Liverpool FC

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Jord on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:54 am

    Why? What I said is true.

    Explain to your fucking parents that you're not looking at pornography or just get a laptop and sit in your room.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Guest on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:55 am

    Yah good fucking point Jord.

    What's next? banning of bad language? Fuck you too.

    Nobody is going to cry over a little image. And if you are in a public place viewing this forum, that's your fault anyways. Why would you want to browse this site in the library or at school anyway? Sounds like having no-life to me.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Guest on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:55 am

    Wow, no need to start being rude to me, fucking hell

    Sean
     
     

    Posts : 33857
    Age : 23

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Sean on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:57 am

    Cam wrote:Wow, no need to start being rude to me, fucking hell

    Sensitive much?
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Guest on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:58 am

    Cam wrote:Wow, no need to start being rude to me, fucking hell
    Maybe you shouldn't be using the internet in general?
    avatar
    Zzonked
     
     

    Posts : 24277
    Age : 25

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Zzonked on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:59 am

    I can understand their point, sometimes I turn up too early to uni so I go on here for a bit. Or sometimes I have to go the library to finish off a piece of work that takes a few hours, coming on here for a bit is a nice break after a lot of work. That's having no life?

    It's not the biggest problem in the world though, I usually just scroll past it.
    avatar
    Jord
     
     

    Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Posts : 33665
    Location : Equestria
    Supports : Liverpool FC

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Jord on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:59 am

    Cam wrote:Wow, no need to start being rude to me, fucking hell
    You told me to shut up when all I did was put out a valid argument. I said I disagree and that we shouldn't take the sigs away on a basis that parents think your looking at naughty pictures. Sure it could be a little akward but just explain in a term they would understand "Don't worry it's not what you think. It's a chat website".

    avatar
    Ben
     
     

    Posts : 11538
    Age : 23
    Location : Leeds
    Supports : United

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Ben on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:03 am

    I don't see what need there is to have an avatar or sig like that in the first place? Seems a bit sleazy to me.

    But yeah, I think they should be gotten rid of.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Guest on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:04 am

    Scott. wrote:Lol at this thread.

    First of all, it's more embarrassing to be seen posting on a forum, than it is to be seen looking at half naked women.

    Secondly, do people actually give a fuck that other people might see these half naked woman in sigs/avatars? I've only ever had one person mention it to me and it was my own brother, who just simply asked "What's that?" and I replied with something along the lines of "A football forum" to which he said "Oh" and then proceeded to say whatever it was he came in to tell me. No big deal.

    I think people should stop being such fucking pansies and get a grip.

    I am up for banning gifs from sigs though, 'cause when I'm at a friend's or something and they have shit internet, gifs slow down the pages like fuck. Ban something for a valid reason .. like what I just said .. not half naked pictures just because a few shy people are paranoid about what other people think of what's on their screen.
    avatar
    Jord
     
     

    Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Posts : 33665
    Location : Equestria
    Supports : Liverpool FC

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Jord on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:07 am

    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Guest on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:10 am

    Why do you hormonal fuckers need to have pictures of half-naked women show up next to your every post? I don't see how it benefits anyone. Get rid of it if some people find it embarrassing.

    Sean
     
     

    Posts : 33857
    Age : 23

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Sean on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:12 am

    BladeGunner wrote:Why do you hormonal fuckers need to have pictures of half-naked women show up next to your every post? I don't see how it benefits anyone. Get rid of it if some people find it embarrassing.

    So you're saying, we should ignore what a certain group of people want because another group of people want the opposite?
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Guest on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:15 am

    Sean wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:Why do you hormonal fuckers need to have pictures of half-naked women show up next to your every post? I don't see how it benefits anyone. Get rid of it if some people find it embarrassing.

    So you're saying, we should ignore what a certain group of people want because another group of people want the opposite?

    Yes, because their wants are actually justified to an extent. And that's exactly what all the other people on the same side as you have said but you haven't questioned them, so fuck off if you're going to try to be a smart-arse.
    avatar
    Gegilworld93
     
     

    Posts : 10414
    Age : 24
    Location : Winterthur, Switzerland
    Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Gegilworld93 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:17 am

    Lu❣s Suarez wrote:Yah good fucking point Jord.

    What's next? banning of bad language? Fuck you too.

    Nobody is going to cry over a little image. And if you are in a public place viewing this forum, that's your fault anyways. Why would you want to browse this site in the library or at school anyway? Sounds like having no-life to me.
    avatar
    Van Wolfswinkel
     
     

    Formerly known as : Sammy_Tekkers
    Posts : 1919
    Age : 24

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Van Wolfswinkel on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:20 am

    I agree, they should go shifty
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Guest on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:20 am

    Scott. wrote:
    Scott. wrote:Lol at this thread.

    First of all, it's more embarrassing to be seen posting on a forum, than it is to be seen looking at half naked women.

    Secondly, do people actually give a fuck that other people might see these half naked woman in sigs/avatars? I've only ever had one person mention it to me and it was my own brother, who just simply asked "What's that?" and I replied with something along the lines of "A football forum" to which he said "Oh" and then proceeded to say whatever it was he came in to tell me. No big deal.

    I think people should stop being such fucking pansies and get a grip.

    I am up for banning gifs from sigs though, 'cause when I'm at a friend's or something and they have shit internet, gifs slow down the pages like fuck. Ban something for a valid reason .. like what I just said .. not half naked pictures just because a few shy people are paranoid about what other people think of what's on their screen.
    not worthy

    Didn't think I'd see myself agreeing completely with Scott on something.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Guest on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:22 am

    I was joking with the 'Shut up Jord'


    I don't see why people need these pictures though. Laughing I don't really mind though, if you really want it though..

    Sean
     
     

    Posts : 33857
    Age : 23

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Sean on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:24 am

    BladeGunner wrote:
    Sean wrote:

    So you're saying, we should ignore what a certain group of people want because another group of people want the opposite?

    Yes, because their wants are actually justified to an extent. And that's exactly what all the other people on the same side as you have said but you haven't questioned them, so fuck off if you're going to try to be a smart-arse.

    Why are they justified?
    avatar
    Jord
     
     

    Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Posts : 33665
    Location : Equestria
    Supports : Liverpool FC

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Jord on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

    Just so you know. I never even put half naked women in my avatar or sig. But I'm still against this idea of removing them completely.

    In the scenario where they are banned then I'd probably start to actually put them in to protest. It's just silly, never thought this forum would succumb to this. The idea a year ago was to make this forum something which EA wasn't and even EA allowed the use of partially nude women is sigs(For example in a bikini such as Polska's). Now just look at what's happening here..
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Guest on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

    You can turn them off?
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Guest on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:26 am

    Sean wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

    Yes, because their wants are actually justified to an extent. And that's exactly what all the other people on the same side as you have said but you haven't questioned them, so fuck off if you're going to try to be a smart-arse.

    Why are they justified?

    Because they can be a genuine cause for embarrassment.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Possible removal of partial nudity in sigs and avatars

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:23 pm