Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
ayvee1
Keanoo
menalawyerguy
drivescore
Kuled
GK01
Jess
Jordan Henderchip
Scuba Steve
El_indian
Marvin
Zzonked
Muhkoo
SBSP
Clark
Andy
Jorlung
Lux
Theo Filippo
Gegilworld93
Phadunkin Donuts
Big_Tihno
CollieBuddz
Ham.
Kelloggg8
crump
ResurrectionRooney
Grenade
Sean
Childish Logic
El Jefe
35 posters

Who would you take a bullet for?

Anonymous

Who would you take a bullet for? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who would you take a bullet for?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:23 am

SBSP wrote:But they're not, so that's irrelevant. Neutral
    As was the whole convo from that post on. Your point?

It is also the major reason we have yet to domesticate Elephants. They live a fuck long time, nobody can bother domesticating them and the rewards take way too long to be worth the effort. Laughing
    Anonymous

Who would you take a bullet for? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who would you take a bullet for?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:22 am

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:
    Phadunkin Donuts wrote:Taking a bullet for a pet..

I mean.. come on..

You would end your life that has loads of potential for success and a nice family to care for and love.. just so your dog can continue to piss/poop/lay around/and eat treats?
    If it's not fatal obviously. I'd take a bullet in the arm or whatnot.
    SBSP wrote:In what circumstance could it possibly be okay to eat another human?
    In protein starved societies.

Ben wrote:

I swear, you just pluck random 'facts' out of thin air.

The New Guineans regularly feasted on humans they may have captured in wars until this was made illegal when Australia took over the island. It is not surprising because New Guinea is a very protein deficient island. Biggest land animal is a bird or a mini kangaroo. Can't remember which.

While cannibalism largely disappeared when societies gained access to non-human sources of protein (thanks to sudden appearance of domesticated animals from elsewhere) cannibalism has also been attested in the Aztec society. Again, largely due to the lack of protein to eat and having a huge population in a war-mongering society.

I assure you, I don't pluck random facts out of air. I am very well read on these subjects. Consider it my 'hobby'.
    Incorrect.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:29 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannibalism_in_pre-Columbian_America

Meh. Ritual Sacrifice like a communion? Some people thinking cannibalism had bigger role? Mentioning idea of protein deficiency? Close enough.

Who would you take a bullet for? - Page 6 Fuck-yeah-close-enough

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:34 am

Yeah, the lack of protein crap is where you were incorrect. One dude thinks people eating was in their regular diet and pretty much everyone else disagrees.

Kinda hard imagining they were protein deficient when they raised, turkeys, ducks, geese and dogs for meat.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:41 am

Che, the thing is, MesoAmerica was DENSELY populated and had really really high population number. Arguably, all farming humans have been protein deficient until modern times. (I'm no biologist but I'd imagine that is why we were so short in the past)
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:04 pm

Dying for your pet is just stupid. Plain and simple. Yeah my pets are cool and all, but would I die for my pet who is going to die in 6 years anyway?... No.

Half of you are either spewing bullshit or simply not thinking this through by saying you'd actually die for "everybody" or your pets or some shit. You need to think of the actual situation, it would be a split second decision that you wouldn't even have time to rationalize. By human nature the brain avoids deadly situations so no matter how pure of heart you are your brain would be telling you not to do this and you'd have to make the decision if you actually want to throw your life away for this person/pet. There are a very select few people that I would die for as I have said before (mind you a group of people is a different story).
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:38 pm

It depends on the situation.

I hate to use god as an example, but for the sake of hypotheticals and shit that doesn't exist, let's use God. Very Happy Let's say God comes down and tells you one of two things will happen. A, a crazy man will shoot and kill your dog, B, a crazy man will shoot your dog but you'll get in the way with only a bullet wound in the leg. Crazy guy then runs away.

I would take the bullet for my dog in that situation.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:41 pm

Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:It depends on the situation.

I hate to use god as an example, but for the sake of hypotheticals and shit that doesn't exist, let's use God. Very Happy Let's say God comes down and tells you one of two things will happen. A, a crazy man will shoot and kill your dog, B, a crazy man will shoot your dog but you'll get in the way with only a bullet wound in the leg. Crazy guy then runs away.

I would take the bullet for my dog in that situation.

Always taking a stab at religion, I see.

Anyways, if the bullet wound will only cause me a temporary inconvenience, then I would take the shot. But if it's going to cause a long term injury or death, then fuck the dog.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:54 pm

It'd suck though if you got shot in the kneecap.

Scumbag God. temper
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:56 pm

Actually, I might consider not even taking a bullet in a non-lethal place for a dog.
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:29 pm

Yeah to be honest I wouldn't even do that ^

I was assuming this meant dying though. That changes my answer... But the thing is if I take the bullet and I don't die would that bullet have killed the person I protected? If so, fuck they can take the bullet themselves.

EDIT: I meant if not, they can take it themselves. Who would you take a bullet for? - Page 6 3925848005

Last edited by Jorlung on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:40 pm

Yeah.. the OP needs to clarify more.

But if he did, I have a feeling the whole thread discussion against Polska would be wasted.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:24 pm

Yup. Dry Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Most of my Family.

Mainly my mum though, only one that's stuck by me throughout my disability fully.
    GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Post by GK01 Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:41 pm

I'd take a bullet for Point and Kem, and Charlie, and quite a few people from Tumblr, and my best mate shifty
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:45 pm

GK01 wrote:I'd take a bullet for Grenade, Grenades cat, Grenades family and Grenades fish. Point and Kem, and Charlie, and quite a few people from Tumblr, and my best mate Who would you take a bullet for? - Page 6 279869
    Fixed Razz

Who would you take a bullet for? - Page 6 Do_it_gif
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:45 pm

Grenade wrote:
    GK01 wrote:I'd take a bullet for Grenade, Grenades cat, Grenades family and Grenades fish. Point and Kem, and Charlie, and quite a few people from Tumblr, and my best mate Who would you take a bullet for? - Page 6 279869
    Fixed Razz

Who would you take a bullet for? - Page 6 Do_it_gif

Jun you're the one with the gun here, you're most likely the guy that is firing the bullet shifty
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:52 pm

You'd take a bullet for people on a forum? shifty
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:05 pm

Danny wrote:You'd take a bullet for people on a forum? shifty

Yes shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:52 pm

GK01 wrote:I'd take a bullet for Point and Kem, and Charlie, and quite a few people from Tumblr, and my best mate shifty
    You'd take a bullet for everyone because you're so tall every bullet would hit you.

Who would you take a bullet for? - Page 6 Laughing-Face-Meme-597x772
    Keanoo
    Keanoo

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Keanoo Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:23 am

kyro's fish
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:35 am

Phadunkin Donuts wrote:
    Ben wrote:

Draw lots, let them kill me or eat them. I know it'd be the logical thing to do but I'd never agree to it. I'd probably keep going until we all died.

I may eat them if they starved and died before I did though.

Would you like a 33% of living.. or a 0% chance?

Or would you just jump ship and die swimming.

I wouldn't think like that though, I wouldn't be able to think logically. I'd just keep going to the end, with a tiny glimmer of hope of surviving.

Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:
    Ben wrote:

So it doesn't happen anymore then? You described it as if it was a regular thing in malnourished societies, it doesn't exactly sound 'acceptable' either.

You do pick other facts out of thin air, I can't be bothered to list them though.
    Still happens regularly in New Guinea. You think their government has much control on what goes on in that island? They are still discovering new tribes monthly. Laughing

How is it not acceptable? It was a regular source of protein for New Guineans for 7000+ years. Neutral

I pick facts out of thin air? List them. If you aren't going to bother listing them, then don't bother accusing me.

Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:Yah. That is offtopic.

Also, if Humans grew into adulthood in like 4 years, then I assure you humans would have been farmed by some societies. It's just the way things are.

I know they don't have much control, doesn't mean it's acceptable though. And then the second point, the key word there is 'was', again suggesting it's not acceptable anymore.

As for the plucking facts out of thin air bit, see the second quote. You have no idea that would definitely be true, but you still present it as a basic fact.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:50 am

Of course there is no way to knowing if that would be true or not. Laughing It is just a logical assumption seeing as we've spent most of humanity enslaving other people. It might not be the desired meal but should a famine occur, I fully expect human slave meat to be on the market. 'Assure you' is not stating a fact, just an opinion.

Random facts out of thin air would be like saying Napoleon was taller than the average frenchmen (which he was).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:22 am