Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
ayvee1
Keanoo
menalawyerguy
drivescore
Kuled
GK01
Jess
Jordan Henderchip
Scuba Steve
El_indian
Marvin
Zzonked
Muhkoo
SBSP
Clark
Andy
Jorlung
Lux
Theo Filippo
Gegilworld93
Phadunkin Donuts
Big_Tihno
CollieBuddz
Ham.
Kelloggg8
crump
ResurrectionRooney
Grenade
Sean
Childish Logic
El Jefe
35 posters

Who would you take a bullet for?

Anonymous

Who would you take a bullet for? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who would you take a bullet for?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:37 am

Because they are both not your kin.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Who would you take a bullet for? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who would you take a bullet for?

Post by Zzonked Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:43 am

Yeah but one is also covered in fur and eaten in Korea.
    Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

Post by Mario Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:46 am

Mesut Özil
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:47 am

You don't think some societies would eat humans if they were easy to breed?

In protein poor societies, cannibalism is already very acceptable.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:55 am

I don't know, it depends if it was fatal or not.. I'd probably jump in front of many people (that I know) if I had time to react properly, i'd probably just jump at the person they were shooting so I could try to knock them down
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:57 am

Bruno Mars.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:01 am

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:You don't think some societies would eat humans if they were easy to breed?

Eating another human under any circumstances is vile.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:14 am

SBSP wrote:
    Lu❣s Suarez wrote:You don't think some societies would eat humans if they were easy to breed?

Eating another human under any circumstances is vile.
    Maybe to you, but it is just another type of meat. Not everyone in the world was fortunate enough to have access to large mammals to domesticate or hunt.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:22 am

In what circumstance could it possibly be okay to eat another human?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:24 am

SBSP wrote:In what circumstance could it possibly be okay to eat another human?

Nothing in the fridge?
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:24 am

I swear, you just pluck random 'facts' out of thin air.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:24 am

Shush Cam. -_-
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:29 am

A ship goes down, 3 people survive on a lifeboat, no equipment. Supplies run low, starvation is imminent, the 3 men draw lots, the person who draws the shortest straw is killed and eaten by the other two.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:29 am

Taking a bullet for a pet..

I mean.. come on..

You would end your life that has loads of potential for success and a nice family to care for and love.. just so your dog can continue to piss/poop/lay around/and eat treats?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:30 am

Fucking hell, I wouldn't agree to drawing lots.
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:32 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:

A ship goes down, 3 people survive on a lifeboat, no equipment. Supplies run low, starvation is imminent, the 3 men draw lots, the person who draws the shortest straw is killed and eaten by the other two.

I doubt I could bring myself to do that.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 am

Cam wrote:Fucking hell, I wouldn't agree to drawing lots.

This. I'd have an alliance already and kill the spare.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:37 am

What, you'd rather you all starve? 1 death is better than 3.
    Ben wrote:

Which part?
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:39 am

Ben wrote:

Which part?

Draw lots, let them kill me or eat them. I know it'd be the logical thing to do but I'd never agree to it. I'd probably keep going until we all died.

I may eat them if they starved and died before I did though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:40 am

Phadunkin Donuts wrote:Taking a bullet for a pet..

I mean.. come on..

You would end your life that has loads of potential for success and a nice family to care for and love.. just so your dog can continue to piss/poop/lay around/and eat treats?
    If it's not fatal obviously. I'd take a bullet in the arm or whatnot.
    In protein starved societies.

Ben wrote:

I swear, you just pluck random 'facts' out of thin air.

The New Guineans regularly feasted on humans they may have captured in wars until this was made illegal when Australia took over the island. It is not surprising because New Guinea is a very protein deficient island. Biggest land animal is a bird or a mini kangaroo. Can't remember which.

While cannibalism largely disappeared when societies gained access to non-human sources of protein (thanks to sudden appearance of domesticated animals from elsewhere) cannibalism has also been attested in the Aztec society. Again, largely due to the lack of protein to eat and having a huge population in a war-mongering society.

I assure you, I don't pluck random facts out of air. I am very well read on these subjects. Consider it my 'hobby'.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:43 am

Ben wrote:

Which part?

I would let the others draw lots and then eat the one that lost along with the winner.
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:48 am

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:
    Ben wrote:I swear, you just pluck random 'facts' out of thin air.
    The New Guineans regularly feasted on humans they may have captured in wars until this was made illegal when Australia took over the island. It is not surprising because New Guinea is a very protein deficient island. Biggest land animal is a bird or a mini kangaroo. Can't remember which.

While cannibalism largely disappeared when societies gained access to non-human sources of protein (thanks to sudden appearance of domesticated animals from elsewhere) cannibalism has also been attested in the Aztec society. Again, largely due to the lack of protein to eat and having a huge population in a war-mongering society.

I assure you, I don't pluck random facts out of air. I am very well read on these subjects. Consider it my 'hobby'.

So it doesn't happen anymore then? You described it as if it was a regular thing in malnourished societies, it doesn't exactly sound 'acceptable' either.

You do pick other facts out of thin air, I can't be bothered to list them though.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:01 am

Ben wrote:

Which part?

Draw lots, let them kill me or eat them. I know it'd be the logical thing to do but I'd never agree to it. I'd probably keep going until we all died.

I may eat them if they starved and died before I did though.

Would you like a 33% of living.. or a 0% chance?

Or would you just jump ship and die swimming.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:02 am

Ben wrote:
    Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:The New Guineans regularly feasted on humans they may have captured in wars until this was made illegal when Australia took over the island. It is not surprising because New Guinea is a very protein deficient island. Biggest land animal is a bird or a mini kangaroo. Can't remember which.

So it doesn't happen anymore then? You described it as if it was a regular thing in malnourished societies, it doesn't exactly sound 'acceptable' either.

You do pick other facts out of thin air, I can't be bothered to list them though.
    Still happens regularly in New Guinea. You think their government has much control on what goes on in that island? They are still discovering new tribes monthly. Laughing

How is it not acceptable? It was a regular source of protein for New Guineans for 7000+ years. Neutral

I pick facts out of thin air? List them. If you aren't going to bother listing them, then don't bother accusing me.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:09 am

The thing is these aren't highly developed countries that are cannibalistic. You tried to compare eating dogs to eating humans. Fact is people on the whole would much rather eat any other animal available than a human.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:14 am

SBSP wrote:The thing is these aren't highly developed countries that are cannibalistic. You tried to compare eating dogs to eating humans. Fact is people on the whole would much rather eat any other animal available than a human.
    dafuq does this have to do with anything.

The entire conversation is offtopic. The only thread relevant topic is whether Dogs are family members or not.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:15 am

Responding to this.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:18 am

Yah. That is offtopic.

Also, if Humans grew into adulthood in like 4 years, then I assure you humans would have been farmed by some societies. It's just the way things are.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:20 am

But they're not, so that's irrelevant. Neutral
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:21 am

I can see why some people would jump in front of their pets.

Pets can become part of the family and any good person would do anything for their family.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:49 am