Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Glen Miller
The Zlatan
The_Quilo
Andy
VivaRonaldoLAD
Dean
Jordi
LeBron
MickStupp
Zzonked
Sean
Totti
Kuled
GK01
Theo Filippo
ResurrectionRooney
SBSP
dena
Jorlung
El_indian
CollieBuddz
Childish Logic
Roloman4
Gegilworld93
Mal
29 posters

The Atheist Thread

SBSP
    SBSP

The Atheist Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Atheist Thread

Post by SBSP Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:33 pm

Why do you even give a fuck?
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:47 pm

Religions affect everyone, even non-believers.

I wish you & Ahly would actually answer some of the points that have been raised rather than engaging in red herrings.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:27 am

SBSP wrote:Why do you even give a fuck?

I care because I'm a seeker of the ultimate truth and unveiler of fact.  Answer me.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:04 am

Theo Filippo wrote:Religions affect everyone, even non-believers.

I wish you & Ahly would actually answer some of the points that have been raised rather than engaging in red herrings.
    None of what's listed affects your life in any way.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:24 am

Ofcourse it does.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:35 am

I don't want to get involved in this but, Grenade, have you tried bacon yet? And if so, do you feel that it's been hyped up way too much and isn't really anything special?
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:48 am

The Zlatan wrote:I don't want to get involved in this but, Grenade, have you tried bacon yet? And if so, do you feel that it's been hyped up way too much and isn't really anything special?
    Nah not tried it yet. I have tried bacon flavored things like crisps back when I was a muslim since they were considered halal as no actual meat is used to produce them and I hated it. You seem to be talking from experience? Were you once a religious person too?
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:00 am

SBSP wrote:I don't see why it's a problem to ask someone more knowledgeable for their reasoning and defer to their opinion if they're better at explaining something. If you asked me about the political history of the United States, I'd be able to tell you enough to give you a broad overview, but you'd be better off asking someone educated if you wanted something more specific and possibly subjective. If I only skimmed a few chapters from a couple of books and looked at some timelines, then declaring myself an expert on the subject just makes me a delusional cunt who's full of himself and probably needs to grow up.

As for the statement itself, it's childish and cringeworthy as fuck. Exactly what I'd expect from a YouTube comment on religion.
    You're the type of person Hitler would've recruited. Wouldn't be surprised if you joined ISIS one day. A Muslim who can't think for him/herself is the most dangerous type of Muslim.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:25 am

Grenade wrote:
    The Zlatan wrote:I don't want to get involved in this but, Grenade, have you tried bacon yet? And if so, do you feel that it's been hyped up way too much and isn't really anything special?
    Nah not tried it yet. I have tried bacon flavored things like crisps back when I was a muslim since they were considered halal as no actual meat is used to produce them and I hated it. You seem to be talking from experience? Were you once a religious person too?
    I'm just asking, I was just generally interested. Laughing I just think that people go on about bacon as if it's some fine cut of meat carved from Angels, when really it's just all right. Not great, not terrible. Real bacon flavour is different to artificial flavour, though. So if you do try it pls update here - for research.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:25 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Grenade wrote:
    You were once a Christian? What? bernie

As for FCB's solid + undeniable evidence proving gods existence...
    That is one of the stupidest arguments I have ever heard in my entire life. Neutral

Yes, I was brought up Catholic and was quite into it for a while.

It's up there for me, but I think the most stupid thing he ever said (or I ever heard) was that the allies should have taken land from Germany immediately after World War II and established a Jewish state there right next to the people who'd just tried to do a genocide on them.

SBSP wrote:I don't see why it's a problem to ask someone more knowledgeable for their reasoning and defer to their opinion if they're better at explaining something. If you asked me about the political history of the United States, I'd be able to tell you enough to give you a broad overview, but you'd be better off asking someone educated if you wanted something more specific and possibly subjective. If I only skimmed a few chapters from a couple of books and looked at some timelines, then declaring myself an expert on the subject just makes me a delusional cunt who's full of himself and probably needs to grow up.

As for the statement itself, it's childish and cringeworthy as fuck. Exactly what I'd expect from a YouTube comment on religion.

You want to know what's cringeworthy as fuck?  Adults believing the following

• A magical beings created the world and wrote books about it thousands of years ago
    • We have to believe what's written in those books today or the magical being will read our minds and find out then torture us forever after we're dead
    • ...but if you do believe in him he will take you to paradise forever
    • That a man can split the moon in two but nobody else in the world notices
    • That meteors exist to keep Satans from getting to space to listen in on God talking with his friends
    • That we got asked if we wanted to exist/have free will before we existed/had free will and used our free will (which we didn't have yet) to say Yes
    • That people can fly to heaven on horses with wings.  
    • That the omnipotent being who created this world with such an immense amount of suffering among animals and will send most of the population to suffer forever if they don't worship him is a good being worthy of that worship rather than being a twisted egomaniacal monster

Tell me honestly - do you believe in all that total fucking crap or do you think the Qur'an is fallible?

Please answer this.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:19 pm

Grenade wrote:

You're the type of person Hitler would've recruited. Wouldn't be surprised if you joined ISIS one day. A Muslim who can't think for him/herself is the most dangerous type of Muslim.
    rofl
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:41 am

Yes, I was brought up Catholic and was quite into it for a while.

It's up there for me, but I think the most stupid thing he ever said (or I ever heard) was that the allies should have taken land from Germany immediately after World War II and established a Jewish state there right next to the people who'd just tried to do a genocide on them.

You want to know what's cringeworthy as fuck?  Adults believing the following

• A magical beings created the world and wrote books about it thousands of years ago
    • We have to believe what's written in those books today or the magical being will read our minds and find out then torture us forever after we're dead
    • That meteors exist to keep Satans from getting to space to listen in on God talking with his friends
    • That we got asked if we wanted to exist/have free will before we existed/had free will and used our free will (which we didn't have yet) to say Yes
    • That the omnipotent being who created this world with such an immense amount of suffering among animals and will send most of the population to suffer forever if they don't worship him is a good being worthy of that worship rather than being a twisted egomaniacal monster

Tell me honestly - do you believe in all that total fucking crap or do you think the Qur'an is fallible?

Please answer this.

You cannot be a Muslim if you disagree with anything in the Qur'an, so yes they will believe in all of this nonsense. I think Islam is like cancer to society because it teaches that Muhammad was the perfect role model and all Muslim men should aim to be like him therefore whenever I see a practicing Muslim, I see somebody who advocates slavery and child rape.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:12 pm

If you think he advocated both of those, you are far less educated on Islam than you'd like to think.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:30 pm

Let's talk about the uneducated idiotic crap people believe in.

• A magical being created the world and wrote books about it thousands of years ago

Is anyone here not too ashamed to admit they believe all that?  Heard of critical thinking?
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:22 pm

I like what Stephen Fry said once, something along the lines of if he believed in God, it would be the 12 Greek gods...

found the quote (i'm sure you've probably already seen it):

"Now, if I died and it was Pluto, Hades, and if it was the 12 Greek gods then I would have more truck with it, because the Greeks didn’t pretend to not be human in their appetites, in their capriciousness, and in their unreasonableness… they didn’t present themselves as being all-seeing, all-wise, all-kind, all-beneficent, because the god that created this universe, if it was created by god, is quite clearly a maniac… utter maniac, totally selfish.

Last edited by El_indian on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:26 pm

vel
    vel

Post by vel Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:01 am

bush did 9/11
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:37 am

Roosevelt did Pearl Harbor.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:36 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Let's talk about the uneducated idiotic crap people believe in.

• A magical being created the world and wrote books about it thousands of years ago

Is anyone here not too ashamed to admit they believe all that?  Heard of critical thinking?
    I love how you never got an answer Laughing 

I believe it was that God created stars rather than meteors to throw at Satans to stop them listening in.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:13 am

Not surprising - would you admit to believing anything as stupid as that because your parents told you it was true or because it was written next to some very beautiful poetry by someone who said they know everything? Laughing
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:31 pm

This is one of my favorite stories, the idea that the moon was split into two to prove a point goes against the idea of religion, in my mind at least.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:15 pm

Nobody said that the moon was literally split into two. Some say it was an optical illusion. Doesn't really matter either way because it was a miracle like Moses splitting the sea.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:33 pm

FCB wrote:Nobody said that the moon was literally split into two. Some say it was an optical illusion. Doesn't really matter either way because it was a miracle like Moses splitting the sea.

An optical illusion, so you're saying an absurd thing that happens in the Qur'an didn't really happen but was actually a huge misinterpretation of real events by uneducated people with no logic?

I think we're getting somewhere here.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:24 am

Grenade wrote:
    Not really, but I do remember getting absolutely roasted by him in a religious debate on Skype a very long time ago.  Laughing

Randomly seen this on YouTube today, is this the same guy on this forum?
    The Atheist Thread - Page 16 03f181a9ccf21416ea77d0e5e435fec7

Not sure if you're just saying this to take the piss, but this was the actual reason I first started questioning my beliefs. "God said this in the quran, but what he REALLY meant was this" is something I was too used to hearing by muslims to cover up the contradictions or barbaric messages in the quran.

There's no reliable evidence that shows religion makes people happier and have self control. In fact the only evidence out there seems to suggest the opposite. Religion is a massive burden on people and religious responsibilities such as praying 5 times a day puts a lot of pressure on people, especially when they think they'll go to hell if they don't fulfill their religious duties.

Just curious but what would you consider to be "reasonable evidence" that this real god exists?

Very much doubt it.  There are a lot of unoriginal internet people who name themselves after that film character.
    Almost as bad as someone on a football forum naming themselves after a football player rofl

Also, @Grenade you know you'll always be a packi, right? Whatever religion you choose to believe in or not when you walk down the street white people (and people in general) will always see you as a less than filthy muslim packi. You'll never shake that tag.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:09 am

It must piss you off that you can't kill him for apostasy and instead have to resort to pathetic racial abuse.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:04 pm

Theo Filippo wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Let's talk about the uneducated idiotic crap people believe in.

I believe it was that God created stars rather than meteors to throw at Satans to stop them listening in.
    I was actually interested to see what sort of replies this would get, but I think they all shat themselves.Laughing
    FCB wrote:Nobody said that the moon was literally split into two. Some say it was an optical illusion. Doesn't really matter either way because it was a miracle like Moses splitting the sea.
    http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Witnessing_the_Moon_Splitting_Miracle
    If it was an optical illusion then doesn't that kinda show that Muhammad was full of shit and performed fake miracles?
    Keyser Söze wrote:

Very much doubt it.  There are a lot of unoriginal internet people who name themselves after that film character.
    Almost as bad as someone on a football forum naming themselves after a football player rofl

Also, @Grenade you know you'll always be a packi, right? Whatever religion you choose to believe in or not when you walk down the street white people (and people in general) will always see you as a less than filthy muslim packi. You'll never shake that tag.

Wow you must be a lovely person irl. I've actually never been a victim of racism but thanks anyway for the solid life tip. thumb
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:16 pm

Some actually say it did happen, while some say it is meant to be interpretated as a sign of the end of the world but my favourite is it is not meant to be taken literally but it is more of a metaphor.

Grenade wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:

I was actually interested to see what sort of replies this would get, but I think they all shat themselves.Laughing
    http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Witnessing_the_Moon_Splitting_Miracle
    If it was an optical illusion then doesn't that kinda show that Muhammad was full of shit and performed fake miracles?
    Keyser Söze wrote:

Wow you must be a lovely person irl. I've actually never been a victim of racism but thanks anyway for the solid life tip. thumb

Technically he didn't perform any mircales, it was god but whateves.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:54 am

There are rather a lot of authorities saying it happened during the lifetime of the Prophet Muhammad. It strikes me that metaphor/end of the world sign is something that was invented after everyone realised it must be total BS because nobody else in the world saw it
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:32 am

Hence the optical illusion part. God, through the medium of the Prophet, made it seem to the people at that location that the moon was being split.

And even if it was a literal split of the moon, as I said, it's a miracle. Just like the many miracles all the prophets performed. It's not meant to make scientific sense, that's why it's a miracle. It's a tool used to convince people at that time that the Prophet was not of a regular human being and that there is some divine work in play. The disbelievers at that time were the ones who requested from the Prophet to perform a miracle.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:12 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:It must piss you off that you can't kill him for apostasy and instead have to resort to pathetic racial abuse.
    No it doesn't bother me because Gods got his number yippee

Surat Al-Fajr [verse 25]:

So on that Day, none will punish [as severely] as His punishment

Grenade wrote:Wow you must be a lovely person irl. I've actually never been a victim of racism but thanks anyway for the solid life tip. thumb
    That's right, keep repressing those bad memories.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:13 am