Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Demba Ba
Sean
Jord
Lux
Muhkoo
Zzonked
Barton
Childish Logic
ResurrectionRooney
SBSP
Kelloggg8
15 posters

The preachy atheist or the preachy religious guy?

Poll

Who's more annoying of the following?

[ 10 ]
    The preachy atheist or the preachy religious guy? Bar_left29%The preachy atheist or the preachy religious guy? Bar_right [29%] 
    [ 16 ]
    The preachy atheist or the preachy religious guy? Bar_left47%The preachy atheist or the preachy religious guy? Bar_right [47%] 
    [ 8 ]
    The preachy atheist or the preachy religious guy? Bar_left24%The preachy atheist or the preachy religious guy? Bar_right [24%] 

Total Votes: 34
    Kelloggg8

Formerly known as : QwertyKirby
    Supports : CF América, Toronto FC

The preachy atheist or the preachy religious guy? Empty The preachy atheist or the preachy religious guy?

Post by Kelloggg8 Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:59 pm

I find the annoying atheist 16-22 year old's much more annoying. Some of them think they're so smart just because they're Atheist Laughing when they're really just...NOT. It's just sort of that condescending attitude that I thoroughly dislike. "You're too ignorant to be argued with".

What about you?

I've never really encountered either type of person outside the internet much, though Neutral

rock on

Anonymous

The preachy atheist or the preachy religious guy? Empty Re: The preachy atheist or the preachy religious guy?

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:05 pm

Both sides are wrong to shovel their beliefs in the others faces.

Even if religion and the church has hindered our scientific and technological development massively.
    SBSP
    SBSP

The preachy atheist or the preachy religious guy? Empty Re: The preachy atheist or the preachy religious guy?

Post by SBSP Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:02 pm

I don't think I know a single religious person in real life who preaches. On the other hand, two of my best friends are always saying how stupid religion is. Dry Smile

If you look at it from each person's point of view, the religious person is trying to help you by preaching. The atheist isn't really doing that.

I'm not saying everyone is like this, and I'd prefer that there was no one who is all up in your face too.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:53 pm

QwertyKirby wrote:Some of them think they're so smart just because they're Atheist Laughing

Other way round mate.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:14 pm

The annoying religious guy, because the annoying atheist guy is speaking the truth.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:16 pm

"The annoying religious guy, who keeps telling you to go to hell?" - I hate those pricks.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:18 pm

The religious guy. I hate cunts who try to convert you, The atheist who thinks he is better than me is simply a normal cunt. 99% of people think they are better than most people for even more stupid reasons.

Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:35 pm

They'd both be irritating in their own ways but at least the athiest wouldn't be spouting out a load of crap.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:54 pm

I'm an Atheist, but I don't really give a toss what others believe.
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:12 am

JMB_94 wrote:They'd both be irritating in their own ways but at least the athiest wouldn't be spouting out a load of crap.

That is where you are wrong, just as prone to do that its so stupid and annoying, i voted for that option as well, the religious folk can't usually help it they were raised that way, but the atheists generally aren't and so you can completely blame them. Although i have no tolerance for either and i am quite good at making that clear.

The smart atheists are the ones that don't care to sprout out anything at all about it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:38 am

jehova witness preachers always come to our house and knock on our door to try and convert us my brother stupidly give them our phone number and last name so now they ring and visit reguarly until my mother chased them away

do not fuck with catholics
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:49 am

mauro=beast wrote:jehova witness preachers always come to our house and knock on our door to try and convert us my brother stupidly give them our phone number and last name so now they ring and visit reguarly until my mother chased them away

I just say I'm Jewish
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:55 am

One of my mates is one of those preachy athiests. Once the subject of God or religion comes up he won't shut up. He goes into 'superior mode'.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:56 am

Jord wrote:One of my mates is one of those preachy athiests. Once the subject of God or religion comes up he won't shut up. He goes into 'superior mode'.

Sounds like a great guy.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:57 am

The preachy Religious guy is more annoying.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:15 am

mauro=beast wrote:jehova witness preachers always come to our house and knock on our door to try and convert us my brother stupidly give them our phone number and last name so now they ring and visit reguarly until my mother chased them away

cheers
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:14 am

Both sides shouldn't try to force their beliefs upon you, but to me, the preaching athiest is a lot worse.

While the Christian preacher will possibly annoy you, as a Christian, I find that athiests often do not respect your beliefs at all, and simply call you stupid and dismiss religion without even looking at it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:20 am

cheesy wrote:Both sides shouldn't try to force their beliefs upon you, but to me, the preaching athiest is a lot worse.

While the Christian preacher will possibly annoy you, as a Christian, I find that athiests often do not respect your beliefs at all, and simply call you stupid and dismiss religion without even looking at it.

Most atheists are people who were under a religion but seen its fallacies and disown their beliefs.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:50 am

Both are arrogant, but the religious guys are wrong imo......(not saying the Atheists are 100% right)
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:54 am

Bogdan wrote:
    cheesy wrote:Both sides shouldn't try to force their beliefs upon you, but to me, the preaching athiest is a lot worse.

Most atheists are people who were under a religion but seen its fallacies and disown their beliefs.

A lot of them would have been brought up under a religion, but once they reached an older age, simply dismissed it because it wasn't 'cool' to them, without looking at the respective religions aspects.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:01 am

cheesy wrote:
    Bogdan wrote:

A lot of them would have been brought up under a religion, but once they reached an older age, simply dismissed it because it wasn't 'cool' to them, without looking at the respective religions aspects.
    I believe you call those people non-practicing or agnostic. People don't give up religion because it's not cool, people give up religion when they don't agree with its principles and ideas.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:12 am

RR is worse than Ahly.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:28 pm

Why do you have to be so negative Dan? Why not say 'Ahly is better than RR'? You'd still be wrong, but at least you wouldn't come across as simply trying to slate someone.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:33 pm

The annoying Atheist know-it-all, that calls you stupid for having faith?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:34 pm

Zlatan wrote:The annoying Atheist know-it-all, that calls you stupid for having faith?

Faith is inherently stupid, it's believing in something without evidence.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:35 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Zlatan wrote:The annoying Atheist know-it-all, that calls you stupid for having faith?

Doesnt mean the person is stupid. Was Einstein stupid?
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:37 pm

It's my choice. I don't need any one to tell me what I believe in is stupid.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:40 pm

Sean wrote:

Doesnt mean the person is stupid. Was Einstein stupid?
    Nope, plenty of intelligent people do stupid things, look at George W. Bush.
    Zlatan wrote:

You do need to be told though, otherwise you'll carry on believing things for bad reasons.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:41 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Why do you have to be so negative Dan? Why not say 'Ahly is better than RR'? You'd still be wrong, but at least you wouldn't come across as simply trying to slate someone.

Couldn't care less. Means exactly the same thing regardless of how you want to dress it up.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:43 pm

Zlatan wrote:

You do need to be told though, otherwise you'll carry on believing things for bad reasons.

No, no I don't.

And no, no I won't.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:05 pm