Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Scouser_Dave
Danny
Bushido
Ben 10
Marvin
Uncle John from Jamaica
luke.
Lux
Barton
Jordi
menalawyerguy
Childish Logic
Grenade
Jord
18 posters

Who do you think will win the Championship?

Anonymous

Who do you think will win the Championship? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who do you think will win the Championship?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:25 am

Liebherr wrote:
    Dan wrote:Of course people would want to invest in Hull. Don't be stupid.

They've just recieved a massive relegation windfall, they've got a large fanbase, an already built stadium and 'decent' squad and were a Premier League club that's probably just a few signings and a decent manager away from promotion.

Portsmouth need a lot of work off the pitch, while nobody will be able to invest in Southampton anyway.

Nobody needs to.

Exactly.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Who do you think will win the Championship? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who do you think will win the Championship?

Post by Jordi Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:25 am

James wrote:Fratton Park can't hold 27k. No chance.

2003–04: 20,108 is their best attendance since 1989-1990 season.

It's capacity is 20,600.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:11 am

I dunno why people aren't interested in buying Watford...we've been up for sale for quite a few years now.

We only have a manageable £10m debt, we have a decent stadium which with about £10-£15m could be increased to around 25k capacity.....we would fill that if we were a regular Premier League team as we were selling out 19.5k last time we were there.

We're also very close to London, and you'd need like £15m to buy us not £100m+ Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:43 am

I really like Watford, unfortunately I don't think you would be able to survive for long in the Premier League in case of promotion.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:47 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:I really like Watford, unfortunately I don't think you would be able to survive for long in the Premier League in case of promotion.

But what he's saying is - rather than spend £100m on a Premier League club, spend £10m to buy the club and invest more money then. Would probably make it more profitable for the owner.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:50 am

Luxz0rz wrote:I dunno why people aren't interested in buying Watford...we've been up for sale for quite a few years now.

We only have a manageable £10m debt, we have a decent stadium which with about £10-£15m could be increased to around 25k capacity.....we would fill that if we were a regular Premier League team as we were selling out 19.5k last time we were there.

We're also very close to London, and you'd need like £15m to buy us not £100m+ Neutral

Vicarage road Road is a shit hole, you guys badly need a new stadium. Neutral
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:53 am

Cardiff City if they strengthen their defence. If they don't then QPR will run away with it imo.
    bcfcben

Supports : Birmingham City

Post by bcfcben Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:04 am

I just hope to God Cardiff do what they usually do and balls up their season at the very end because i really dont want a Welsh team in the Prem.
    QPR are doing well, i would also like to see Coventry in the play-offs this year.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:24 am

Yeah Lux... But surely Hull is a better buy than Watford.

1. Bigger stadium already, and although we don't own it, we pay very very little rent due to the council messing up rofl
    2. Watford being near London is a disadvantage, theres already Arsenal Chelsea and Spurs which most of London supports anyway. Whereas in Hull there is no competition for fans and all people need is a bit of inspiration to come and watch the football here. If we was a mid table PL team with the occasional push for Europe then I have no doubt we can attract 40k+.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:15 am

@Dan, I know what he said. Smile

Bristol is a big city. Why don't they have a larger club? Hmm?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:53 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:@Dan, I know what he said. Smile

Bristol is a big city. Why don't they have a larger club? Hmm?

They have 2 clubs as I already stated. Neutral
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:33 am

JMB_94 wrote:Vicarage road Road is a shit hole, you guys badly need a new stadium. Neutral

3 of the stands are perfectly fine, there's just 1 stand that's been needing a re-do for some time. Vicarage Road isn't a shit hole.....geez I was born on that road bitch fight. It's not like your newer stadiums where it's just the same typical and unoriginal stadium as all the others and looks like it doesn't belong where it is....it's part of the town and it fits in. It's not shit it's got some character :/. The road itself is just an average road......a bit unfair to call a hospital and a cemetery a shit hole.

Watford isn't glamorous......sure.....but better to live here and be somewhere than in tractor land Cool

James wrote:Yeah Lux... But surely Hull is a better buy than Watford.

1. Bigger stadium already, and although we don't own it, we pay very very little rent due to the council messing up rofl
    2. Watford being near London is a disadvantage, theres already Arsenal Chelsea and Spurs which most of London supports anyway. Whereas in Hull there is no competition for fans and all people need is a bit of inspiration to come and watch the football here. If we was a mid table PL team with the occasional push for Europe then I have no doubt we can attract 40k+.

The point is that people want to be in London, and people don't want to be in Hull. If investing in Watford is such a bad idea.....why are people investing in QPR? They're in exactly the same position as us and there is absolutely no way that they can expand as there's a school and houses all around it. At least we have a better chance of getting North West London and Hertfordshire involved...QPR is right next door to Fulham and Chelsea.........yet they still chose to invest in QPR and not Hull.

Also, we own the stadium..and it might not be modern but it could be redeveloped to hold as much as the KC, maybe even more.
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:12 pm

Didn't QPR begin well last season then go through a spell where they had 10000 managers? I like Warnock and they should keep him.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:16 pm

Walcott wrote:Didn't QPR begin well last season then go through a spell where they had 10000 managers? I like Warnock and they should keep him.

Well the Championship is a very tight league so I wouldn't say they stood out....we were 6th around November/December and almost got relegated eek. Briatore was a never poor chairman and not many managers got on with him....and some of the ego's in the team also got managers sacked. I don't think that is the same with Warnock though...he is doing well and he controls the team and players.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:18 pm

I like Crystal Palace over QPR. Wish they got promoted and had rich owners instead of QPR.

Speaking of which, wasn't there talk last season about someone from the states buying Palace?
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Supports : Preston North End F.C.

Post by Ben 10 Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:34 pm

bcfcben wrote:I just hope to God Cardiff do what they usually do and balls up their season at the very end

I remember the season before last, we beat them 6-0 at our place and they went on to lose their last 2 games, we won our last 2, to very good opposition at the time in Birmingham and Q.P.R, and we pipped them to the final play-off spot by just 1 goal. Remember Wallace's last minute free-kick at St.Andrews, the delerium in the pub I was in and the pitch invasion when we beat Q.P.R

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slsJD9Nv2-M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqQNgXHHDgQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkT9hVNacAc&feature=related

Luxz0rz wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:Vicarage road Road is a shit hole, you guys badly need a new stadium. Neutral

3 of the stands are perfectly fine, there's just 1 stand that's been needing a re-do for some time. Vicarage Road isn't a shit hole.....geez I was born on that road Who do you think will win the Championship? - Page 3 326368. It's not like your newer stadiums where it's just the same typical and unoriginal stadium as all the others and looks like it doesn't belong where it is....it's part of the town and it fits in. It's not shit it's got some character :/. The road itself is just an average road......a bit unfair to call a hospital and a cemetery a shit hole.

Watford isn't glamorous......sure.....but better to live here and be somewhere than in tractor land Cool

Agree with this, a lot of new Championship stadiums now are just soulless bowls. Need more traditional stadiums like VR, Deepdale and Selhurst Park.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:55 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:I like Crystal Palace over QPR. Wish they got promoted and had rich owners instead of QPR.

Speaking of which, wasn't there talk last season about someone from the states buying Palace?

P Diddy Laughing

Came to nothing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Hah, expected. Laughing

They are near the bottom aren't they? Hope they pull out of relegation zone.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:03 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Hah, expected. Laughing

They are near the bottom aren't they? Hope they pull out of relegation zone.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/table/default.stm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:11 pm

Middlesbrough? How did they end up in the bottom after being in the Premier League?
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:14 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Middlesbrough? How did they end up in the bottom after being in the Premier League?

They lost Downing and Johnson and now they're just full of Scots and other overrated players.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:18 pm

Luxz0rz wrote:
    Walcott wrote:Didn't QPR begin well last season then go through a spell where they had 10000 managers? I like Warnock and they should keep him.

Well the Championship is a very tight league so I wouldn't say they stood out....we were 6th around November/December and almost got relegated eek. Briatore was a never poor chairman and not many managers got on with him....and some of the ego's in the team also got managers sacked. I don't think that is the same with Warnock though...he is doing well and he controls the team and players.

I beg to differ there Lux, He interfered with things he didn't have a clue about and made additions to the team through the DOF that weren't beneficial to a championship side ( not saying Parejo, Di Carmine ect. were bad players but they weren't what was needed.) Also he oked the decision to charge Derby fans £50 for a ticket in the away end, plus he didn't seem to care much ( if at all) about fan's opinions

"Don't forget, too, that without us, QPR would have gone bankrupt. We have improved the stadium and we are doing the best for the club.

"People forget very quickly what I did for this club. Some fans, because they pay £20, they want to criticise.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/Flavio-Briatore-interview-exclusive-I-have-only-sacked-one-manager-and-am-committed-to-QPR-without-me-the-club-would-be-bankrupt-article291323.html
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:40 pm

Lux, QPR will NEVER be a big club for the reason you stated. Can have all the money in the world but if they are still playing in front of 20k attendances then it's pointless.

Them owners will sell up soon, no doubt they'll get promoted and let Warnock go and then get relegated straight away. Wouldn't want them lot in charge of my club.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:07 pm

I'd imagine if the club has to build a new stadium they'll be talking to the BBC about the television centre in White City, more than enough room to build a stadium there and it's literally up the road from Loftus Road so the club wouldn't have to re-locate, plus it's easy to get to as it's a short walk from White City station.

Bernie and Flavio are likely to sell their shares but can't see why the Mittals would want to, they're making a loss so it can't be fiancially motivated, no point in sacking Warnock either as he'd have two years left on his contract so presuming the club is promoted this season it makes sense to give him those two years to try and establish the club in the Premier League and if he can't, get someone new in at the end of his contract.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:59 am

LoneRanger wrote:I beg to differ there Lux, He interfered with things he didn't have a clue about and made additions to the team through the DOF that weren't beneficial to a championship side ( not saying Parejo, Di Carmine ect. were bad players but they weren't what was needed.) Also he oked the decision to charge Derby fans £50 for a ticket in the away end, plus he didn't seem to care much ( if at all) about fan's opinions

Yeah I know, I meant to say "very poor chairman"..dunno why I said never Laughing
    bcfcben

Supports : Birmingham City

Post by bcfcben Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:50 am

pnefcben wrote:I remember the season before last, we beat them 6-0 at our place and they went on to lose their last 2 games, we won our last 2, to very good opposition at the time in Birmingham and Q.P.R, and we pipped them to the final play-off spot by just 1 goal. Remember Wallace's last minute free-kick at St.Andrews, the delerium in the pub I was in and the pitch invasion when we beat Q.P.R

I remember that game, Keith Fahey put us in front with a header and then all of a sudden two wonder goals for you lot, one was the free kick you mentioned and one was from about 30 yards out. After that game i thought we ballsed up our promotion chances, we needed to get a result at Reading in the last game....and we did 2-1 Who do you think will win the Championship? - Page 3 644235
    CoVkId01
    CoVkId01

Post by CoVkId01 Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:59 pm

http://actimindex.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/champ_index_top10062.gif

Coventry because we have the best player in the league Cool

No, I'm not talking about Westwood, or King...Ben Turner Very Happy
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:43 am

QPR.

I was actually backing us to do quite well early on, then I saw that our defence are shit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:38 pm