Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Scouser_Dave
Danny
Bushido
Ben 10
Marvin
Uncle John from Jamaica
luke.
Lux
Barton
Jordi
menalawyerguy
Childish Logic
Grenade
Jord
18 posters

Who do you think will win the Championship?

Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Who do you think will win the Championship? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you think will win the Championship?

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:27 am

Leeds, keep the faith bitch!
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Who do you think will win the Championship? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you think will win the Championship?

Post by Marvin Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:34 am

I hope it's Reading.

Not looking good so far though. Neutral
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:45 am

forestfcfan wrote:Plus, Forest are by far the biggest team in the league, and will be one of the bigger teams in the Prem

Living in the past bitch fight
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:59 am

I want QPR, Cardiff, Nottingham Forest to get promoted, and Hull, Leeds and Ipswich promoted next season.

Hull/Leeds need a season to prepare themselves to get promoted I would think. QPR and Cardiff should get promoted, and Nottingham Forest have a chance to stay in the EPL I would imagine.
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Supports : Preston North End F.C.

Post by Ben 10 Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:43 am

Preston.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:50 am

QPR or Cardiff.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:55 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Leeds has the best chance out of any team of staying in the Premier League, due to their support, rather it be them.

Laughable comment, did you see their stadium last night? Half empty...

forestfcfan wrote:Plus, Forest are by far the biggest team in the league, and will be one of the bigger teams in the Prem

Stop living on history, it means nothing.

(polskaGOLA) wrote:I want QPR, Cardiff, Nottingham Forest to get promoted, and Hull, Leeds and Ipswich promoted next season.

Hull/Leeds need a season to prepare themselves to get promoted I would think. QPR and Cardiff should get promoted, and Nottingham Forest have a chance to stay in the EPL I would imagine.

Hull all depends if we stick by NP, if we do then we'll pick up towards end of season and hopefully sneak a playoff place. If that doesn't happen then we'll be well equipped to go up next season when NP has his squad in place rather than the useless shite that got us relegated.

Did you know, one of our players played 90 minutes, then 70 minutes on a Saturday then a Tuesday, then rang up on the following Saturday(matchday) and said he was too tired to play. Caleb Folan is his name, he is a bell end, shite and no one in Hull likes the cunt.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:57 am

They'd come back in no time in the EPL.

Plus their stadium sits 40k. 20k isn't bad for the Championship.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:32 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:

Don't rate a teams attendances on what league they are in.

Leeds population - 770k - average attendace this season 25k

Hulls population - 258k - average attendance this season 20.5k

So a city 3 times bigger than mine gets 4.5k extra attendance in the same league.

Don't come out with the "you've just come down from the PL crap"... We had average 18k attendance in league 2 as soon as we moved into a bigger stadium.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:37 am

Just to back James' claim even more, both Hull and Leeds have only 1 football team, so it's not like half the population of Leeds have another team to support for example.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:42 am

coolmarvin wrote:I hope it's Reading.

Not looking good so far though. Neutral

+1
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:49 am

http://soccer-stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/attend.html

City/Town - Population - Average attendance

Derby - 236k - 26k
    Leeds - 770k - 25k
    Norwich - 132k - 24k
    Cardiff - 324k - 22.6k
    Forest - 292k - 25k
    Leicester - 294k - 23.7k
    Sheff Utd - 534k - 23k
    Hull City - 258k - 20.5k
    Ipswich - 122k - 20.5k
    Boro - 139k - 17.3k
    Reading - 232k - 16.5k
    Palace -
    Coventry - 309k - 15.4k
    Pompey - 200k - 15.4k
    Burnley - 73k - 15k
    QPR -
    Swansea - 270k - 14.5k
    Bristol - 421k - 14.5k
    Barnsley - 73k - 13.2k
    Watford - 80k - 12.8k
    Millwall -
    PNE - 114k - 11.6k
    Donny - 67k - 10k
    Scunthorpe - 72k - 6k

Didn't do London teams cos got bit confusing. Also bear in mind Bristol, Nottingham and Sheffield both have 2 football clubs.

Leeds United - Officially the worst supported club in the Championship.

Last edited by James on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:05 am

Forest's seems pretty decent seeing as we have 2 teams in a city with a population of only 292k
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:08 am

Liverpool

Next season. :joke:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 am

forestfcfan wrote:Forest's seems pretty decent seeing as we have 2 teams in a city with a population of only 292k

Forgot about County. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:17 am

Nightmare wrote:Liverpool

Next season. Who do you think will win the Championship? - Page 2 105997

I think that joke has already been said Wink
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:02 am

James wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:

Don't rate a teams attendances on what league they are in.

Leeds population - 770k - average attendace this season 25k

Hulls population - 258k - average attendance this season 20.5k

So a city 3 times bigger than mine gets 4.5k extra attendance in the same league.

Don't come out with the "you've just come down from the PL crap"... We had average 18k attendance in league 2 as soon as we moved into a bigger stadium.

I'm not going to come back with that crap. I am fully aware of Hull's support. I think it's great for a city the size of Hull.

Leeds fans will flock back in thousands when they reenter the EPL. That was my point.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:12 am

Those stats on their own don't mean that much.

Watford only has 80,000 inhabitants but I don't even live in Watford and I go to Watford......the whole surrounding area of North West London and Hertfordshire are involved too....so that's maybe many more hundreds of thousands of potential fans.

However......we also have lots of competitors in all directions so it's no massive biggie.

Places like Hull and especially Norwich have almost no competitors so it's no surprise that they draw in quite a good amount.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:32 am

Luxz0rz wrote:Those stats on their own don't mean that much.

Watford only has 80,000 inhabitants but I don't even live in Watford and I go to Watford......the whole surrounding area of North West London and Hertfordshire are involved too....so that's maybe many more hundreds of thousands of potential fans.

However......we also have lots of competitors in all directions so it's no massive biggie.

Places like Hull and especially Norwich have almost no competitors so it's no surprise that they draw in quite a good amount.

I'm not bigging up teams or cities. I'm just showing that Leeds are actually the worst supported team in the Championship.

Even if they did 40k. They still wouldn't be the best supported considering the size of their city.

As for Hull having a good amount, I wouldn't really say so. less than 10% of Hull goes to watch city. Although we are a club thats on the rise despite being relegated.

EDIT: You also mentioned not much of competition for Hull. You are right. That's why i've been banging on for ages that we would be a great investment and that if some billionaire came in and splashed loads of cash and made us one of the top 6 we'd easily fill a 45k seater stadium at least. Considering when we got to the PL we could only fit in 25k but still had 10k on the waiting list. Cool
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:36 am

James wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:Those stats on their own don't mean that much.

I'm not bigging up teams or cities. I'm just showing that Leeds are actually the worst supported team in the Championship.

Even if they did 40k. They still wouldn't be the best supported considering the size of their city.

As for Hull having a good amount, I wouldn't really say so. less than 10% of Hull goes to watch city. Although we are a club thats on the rise despite being relegated.

It's not about more population = more supporters always though.

London has 8m people but Chelsea only get 60k so that's terrible..........taking other things into consideration it's not bad at all.

It's not just about the city population (as others from surrounding areas attend), it also depends on competition (other football clubs/other sports clubs or activities that conflict), the prices, the quality of the team (let's not kid ourselves..success = more fans), who the population consists of...(age, race, religion, etc), the size of the stadiums......

P.S. - No one wants to invest in Hull as it's an undesirable place in the middle of nowhere.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:24 pm

Agree with noone would want to invest in Hull, especially with more attractive targets with large fanbases like Portsmouth and Southampton.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:16 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Agree with noone would want to invest in Hull, especially with more attractive targets with large fanbases like Portsmouth and Southampton.

Pompey average this season - 15.4k

Southampton average this season - 20.8k

Hull average this season - 20.5k

Stop it Polska, you are making me crease!!! Who do you think will win the Championship? - Page 2 70955 Who do you think will win the Championship? - Page 2 70955 Who do you think will win the Championship? - Page 2 70955
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:19 am

I'm not talking about attendances. Neutral
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:20 am

James wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:Agree with noone would want to invest in Hull, especially with more attractive targets with large fanbases like Portsmouth and Southampton.

Stop it Polska, you are making me crease!!! Who do you think will win the Championship? - Page 2 70955 Who do you think will win the Championship? - Page 2 70955 Who do you think will win the Championship? - Page 2 70955

Take into account that Fratton Park only holds 20,688, so they're obviously not gonna fill it, while the capacity at the KC is 25,404. Little side note, if the KC only holds that much (according to Wiki), how can your average be over your capacity? Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:21 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:I'm not talking about attendances. Neutral

Explain larger fanbases then.

Pompey - 200k

Hull - 250k

Southampton - 234k

Thats the cities populations.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:22 am

Of course people would want to invest in Hull. Don't be stupid.

They've just recieved a massive relegation windfall, they've got a large fanbase, an already built stadium and 'decent' squad and were a Premier League club that's probably just a few signings and a decent manager away from promotion.

Portsmouth need a lot of work off the pitch, while nobody will be able to invest in Southampton anyway.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:22 am

Danny B wrote:
    James wrote:

Take into account that Fratton Park only holds 20,688, so they're obviously not gonna fill it, while the capacity at the KC is 25,404. Little side note, if the KC only holds that much (according to Wiki), how can your average be over your capacity? Neutral

How is 20.5k over 25,404?

Also... Why does it matter we have a bigger stadium? They don't fill it anyway. Rolling Eyes
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:23 am

James wrote:KC only holds that much (according to Wiki), how can your average be over your capacity? Neutral

How is 20.5k over 25,404?

Also... Why does it matter we have a bigger stadium? They don't fill it anyway. Rolling Eyes[/quote]

Woops, misread it. My bad Laughing

And now I come to look at Fratton Park's Wiki page, it says the capacity is 27,000. Wtf Neutral
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:24 am

Dan wrote:Of course people would want to invest in Hull. Don't be stupid.

They've just recieved a massive relegation windfall, they've got a large fanbase, an already built stadium and 'decent' squad and were a Premier League club that's probably just a few signings and a decent manager away from promotion.

Portsmouth need a lot of work off the pitch, while nobody will be able to invest in Southampton anyway.

Nobody needs to.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:25 am

Fratton Park can't hold 27k. No chance.

2003–04: 20,108 is their best attendance since 1989-1990 season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:55 pm