Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Barton
coolhead33
Mal
Kuled
Jordi
Carlos Jenkinson
Drake
blackskar
ayvee1
LeBron
Walcott
menalawyerguy
Lux
Royal
Grenade
Marvin
Jord
Theo Filippo
22 posters

Best striker in the Championship?

Poll

Best striker in the Championship?

[ 4 ]
    Best striker in the Championship? Bar_left12%Best striker in the Championship? Bar_right [12%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Best striker in the Championship? Bar_left9%Best striker in the Championship? Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Best striker in the Championship? Bar_left27%Best striker in the Championship? Bar_right [27%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Best striker in the Championship? Bar_left15%Best striker in the Championship? Bar_right [15%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Best striker in the Championship? Bar_left12%Best striker in the Championship? Bar_right [12%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Best striker in the Championship? Bar_left0%Best striker in the Championship? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Best striker in the Championship? Bar_left24%Best striker in the Championship? Bar_right [24%] 

Total Votes: 33
    Anonymous

Best striker in the Championship? Empty Best striker in the Championship?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:27 am

Graham - Watford - 19 goals - 34 games
    Long - Reading - 18 goals - 35 games
    Becchio - Leeds - 16 goals - 30 games
    Bothroyd - Cardiff - 15 goals - 27 games
    Holt - Norwich - 15 goals - 34 games
    Sharp - Doncaster - 15 goals - 27 games
    Fryatt - Hull City - 7 goals - 11 games

I think it is pretty obvious who is the best striker from these stats. If Fryatt had played 33 games for Hull he would be on 21 goals and top scorer. Also consider the fact that Hull are a defensive team and we barely create chances and this is an even more remarkable stat. It just shows that he puts away 99% of his chances.

Closely followed by Billy Sharp who is a tit but 2nd best striker in the league.
    Anonymous

Best striker in the Championship? Empty Re: Best striker in the Championship?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:28 am

Fryatt obviously.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:29 am

i never seen fryatt play but im sure he is a beast as james has a good eye and knows his beasts very well and would not support him if he was not a beast
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:29 am

Danny Graham cheers
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:29 am

Why isn't Nicky Maynard there?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:30 am

Rolling Eyes People really voted Bothroyd? Talk about being media whores. I have no idea how he got in the England team.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:30 am

Holt or Bothroyd

Voted for Holt because of the tash.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:31 am

LoneRanger wrote:Why isn't Nicky Maynard there?

Not really an out and out striker. Most of his goals come from outside the box. He's more of a number 10.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:31 am

Surprised that Long has scored that many goals. Was a complete donkey when I used to watch him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:31 am

what about scott sinclair i thought he is a striker
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:32 am

Long is good in the air considering is height and works pretty hard. He has missed alot of sitters this season though too.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:32 am

Stats aside I think Yakubu is most likely the best in the Championship.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:32 am

mauro=beast wrote:what about scott sinclair i thought he is a striker

Winger.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:33 am

Dont watch the championship league alot but Becchio has been class from what I have seen. Who knows one of these guys might pull an Andy Caroll next season.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:33 am

Jord wrote:Stats aside I think Yakubu is most likely the best in the Championship.

Yeah but he isn't Leicesters. I was tempted to right a blog on the loan situation then I thought, nah cba.

Quite interesting the amount of loans that go on in the English leagues compared to a few years back.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:35 am

Ah fair point, not a Steve Morrison fan either?

Out of that lot Fryatt
    Royal
    Royal

Post by Royal Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:35 am

James ♠ wrote:If Fryatt had played 33 games for Hull he would be on 21 goals and top scorer.
    If Delfouneso had played 33 games for Burnley, he would be on 33 goals.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:39 am

Graham's shots/goals ratio is pretty much better than anyone's in the league.

Fryatt isn't 11/7 he is 23/9
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:41 am

He was out of the team at Leicester Lux. He obviously wasn't happy there. Sven didn't like him. Do you not think it is unfair to judge a player who played for a different club but was only given 5 minutes at the end? No? Me neither. He is not first choice at Hull and i've put his record when playing for us because it is the fairest way.

Anyone else think it is funny QPR don't have a high scoring striker?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:42 am

Royal wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:If Fryatt had played 33 games for Hull he would be on 21 goals and top scorer.

Sleep Troll.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:42 am

James ♠ wrote:He was out of the team at Leicester Lux. He obviously wasn't happy there. Sven didn't like him. Do you not think it is unfair to judge a player who played for a different club but was only given 5 minutes at the end? No? Me neither. He is not first choice at Hull and i've put his record when playing for us because it is the fairest way.

Anyone else think it is funny QPR don't have a high scoring striker?

They have Watford legend Helguson....he's playing more recently and scoring.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:44 am

Imo in the Championship it goes

-Graham
    -Bothroyd
    -Holt
    -Maynard
    -Long
    -Fryatt
    -Becchio
    -Helguson
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:45 am

Could argue Taarabt is a sort of striker
    Royal
    Royal

Post by Royal Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:46 am

James ♠️ wrote:
    Royal wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:If Fryatt had played 33 games for Hull he would be on 21 goals and top scorer.

Sleep Troll.
    Just making you aware that it's a stupid logic. thumb
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:50 am

Its not Royal. Mine was done over a length of time whereas yours was done over 1 game.
    Royal
    Royal

Post by Royal Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:53 am

11 games isn't many. You can't just say his goal to game ratio would be the same after 33 games.
    Or are you another one who can see the future? We seem to have many people who can do that on here. Run
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:55 am

Graham scored like 8 in 7 games...but doesn't have 35 goals in the season.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:02 am

James ♠️ wrote:
    Royal wrote:

Sleep Troll.

He's got a point though.

First of all, you're assuming that the guy who scores the most goals is automatically the best striker. I know striker's primary role is to bang in goals. But that's still a tad shallow. There is more to being a striker. Secondly, assuming that he'd keep that pace up all season long isn't a safe assumption. It's a lot harder to score 19 in 34 than it is to score 7 in 11. 11 games isn't a big enough window to judge. I bet you can find an 11 game stretch this season where Graham scored 7.
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:08 am

I have been liking Long.
    LeBron

Formerly known as : Spider
    Supports : Man Red.

Post by LeBron Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:13 am

Royal wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:
    Royal wrote:

Sleep Troll.
    Just making you aware that it's a stupid logic. thumb

If Torres moved to Hull he wouldn't have scored a goal.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:23 pm