Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Lux
Andy
Potato-7
Pippo
Laurencio
LFC_Grunners
ResurrectionRooney
11 posters

You are made President of FIFA, the IFA and the FAW

Anonymous

You are made President of FIFA, the IFA and the FAW - Page 2 Empty Re: You are made President of FIFA, the IFA and the FAW

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:01 am

Some of these might not be possible without additional authority, but here it goes anyways...

Laws of the Game:
    - Implement a rule where an automatic goal is awarded if the defending team denies an obvious goal scoring opportunity by stopping the ball illegally (i.e. hands) at a distance of less than 12 yards. This would also mean the defender does NOT get a red card. The defender has to stop the BALL illegally though. Tackling a player from behind would still fall under the current rule (i.e. penalty and red card).
    - Implement replay technology. Each team has 3 opportunities (the number can be less if 3 is too much) to challenge any call the referees make during the game. When play has stopped, a team can use one of their challenges and a crew of qualified referees watch the replay somewhere can tell the referee what the correct decision was. Regardless of the success of the challenge, the team has ultimately 3 times to challenge. This would require some additions to how play is restarted in certain situations and can be discussed with the board.
    - If a referee misses a fact (i.e the Liverpool Sunderland beach ball incident), the game must be replayed. This has happened in a FIFA game, so it should be the same for all games everywhere. The game should be replayed from the time of the incident.

Clubs:
    - At least 2 players from the club's youth system should be on the field at the start of a game.
    - At least 5 players from the starting lineup should consist of players from the country the club is based (should have citizenship in that country, but doesn't matter who they play for nationally).
    - If the country's FA want to increase the numbers in the rules above that's fine, but the minimum is set by FIFA.
    - Look into the finances of clubs and set rules to fix problems and prevent financial troubled clubs from continuing their practices. I'm not educated enough about the finances of a football club, so I won't elaborate further on this matter.

Tournaments:
    - I would reformat the FIFA Club World Cup. Add more teams and increase the appeal. I would rotate the tournament around to each confederation every year instead of having it in Japan almost all the time. Increase the prize money so that European clubs would find it more appealing.

Referees:
    - Increase their salaries, more training, and make it more like a professional job. The standards expected from referees would be raised as a result.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

You are made President of FIFA, the IFA and the FAW - Page 2 Empty Re: You are made President of FIFA, the IFA and the FAW

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:06 am

ahlycotc wrote:Some of these might not be possible without additional authority, but here it goes anyways...

Laws of the Game:
    - Implement a rule where an automatic goal is awarded if the defending team denies an obvious goal scoring opportunity by stopping the ball illegally (i.e. hands) at a distance of less than 12 yards. This would also mean the defender does NOT get a red card. The defender has to stop the BALL illegally though. Tackling a player from behind would still fall under the current rule (i.e. penalty and red card).

Then what's the punishment?

- Implement replay technology. Each team has 3 opportunities (the number can be less if 3 is too much) to challenge any call the referees make during the game. When play has stopped, a team can use one of their challenges and a crew of qualified referees watch the replay somewhere can tell the referee what the correct decision was. Regardless of the success of the challenge, the team has ultimately 3 times to challenge. This would require some additions to how play is restarted in certain situations and can be discussed with the board.

How play is restarted would be easy - just wait for the ball to go out of play. Problem with 3 opportunities is that teams could use it late on to time waste, that's why I'd leave it at the referee's discretion.

- If a referee misses a fact (i.e the Liverpool Sunderland beach ball incident), the game must be replayed. This has happened in a FIFA game, so it should be the same for all games everywhere. The game should be replayed from the time of the incident.

Would have to be replayed altogether, that's what happened in the FIFA game. To be honest, if Liverpool had asked for the game to be replayed I don't see how the PL could have refused, it should have been refused.

Clubs:
    - At least 2 players from the club's youth system should be on the field at the start of a game.
    - At least 5 players from the starting lineup should consist of players from the country the club is based (should have citizenship in that country, but doesn't matter who they play for nationally).
    - If the country's FA want to increase the numbers in the rules above that's fine, but the minimum is set by FIFA.
    - Look into the finances of clubs and set rules to fix problems and prevent financial troubled clubs from continuing their practices. I'm not educated enough about the finances of a football club, so I won't elaborate further on this matter.

Seems very detrimental to top level football.

Referees:
    - Increase their salaries, more training, and make it more like a professional job. The standards expected from referees would be raised as a result.

It already is in the Premier League, doesn't seem to make much difference.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:09 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:1) Implement Goal Line Technology
    2) Implement full instant replay rule, with fully qualified ref on the video to make the decisions, to be called upon at the full referee's discretion. 60 second time limit on the decision.
    3) Commission investigation into corruption at the 1966 World Cup, call upon Joao Havelange to elaborate on the claims he made about said World Cup. If it is found that it is likely the World Cup was fixed, strip England of the title
    4) Ban Luis Suarez permanently, globally,
    5) Where a clear goalscoring opportunity is denied, the attacking team receives a penalty regardless of where the foul occurs
    6) Ban the use of Human Growth Hormone in development of players
    7) Investigate Barcelona's youth development and mysterious capacity to avoid injuries despite their players playing an extremely high pressure game for 60-70 games a year. Do everything possible to implement a similar Youth Development system in Scotland and Norn Iron
    Cool Increase prestige of FIFA Club World Cup by hosting it in major football stadia - Wembley, Camp Nou, the Maracana, Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, the Azteca, not exclusively in Asian countries

To be continued.

I would definitely like for that to happen. It strikes me as extremely odd how Messi, a player who was naturally very fragile and extremely injury-prone, hasn't had one significant injury in the three and a half seasons Guardiola has been at the helm. There are many other dubious situations regarding their players that lead me to believe that an investigation may be necessary.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:25 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Then what's the punishment?

An automatic goal is enough of a punishment.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:How play is restarted would be easy - just wait for the ball to go out of play. Problem with 3 opportunities is that teams could use it late on to time waste, that's why I'd leave it at the referee's discretion.

The referee can always add more time to the end of the match to make up for it. If it's a serious problem, limit it to 1 challenge in the last 10 or 15 minutes of play.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Would have to be replayed altogether, that's what happened in the FIFA game. To be honest, if Liverpool had asked for the game to be replayed I don't see how the PL could have refused, it should have been refused.

The problem with replaying the whole match is that if a team is winning 4-0 and such an incident happens, replaying the whole game at 0-0 is not fair for the team that was winning 4-0 and basically had the match in their favor. Why should the team be punished because of a referee's mistake?

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Seems very detrimental to top level football.

Not really. It has a lot of benefits. In theory, it will help the national team improve with a wider pool of developed players. It can also help with the finances of a club. I would imagine it being much cheaper to develop your own players than purchase them and in some cases buying a player from your own country is cheaper than buying someone from abroad.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:It already is in the Premier League, doesn't seem to make much difference.

It just needs to be implemented across the globe. There are some atrocious referees outside of England, especially outside of Europe.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:02 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Then what's the punishment?

An automatic goal is enough of a punishment.

It's not a punishment if it was going to happen anyway. In any case, how is the referee supposed to judge whether it is 12 yards away? Is that 12 yards from the centre of the goal? 12 yards from the nearest part of the goal? They're some pretty fucking big judgements you're asking the referees to make. I'd only ever support automatic goals for things like saves by defenders on the goalline, and even then, I'd be reluctant to.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:How play is restarted would be easy - just wait for the ball to go out of play. Problem with 3 opportunities is that teams could use it late on to time waste, that's why I'd leave it at the referee's discretion.

The referee can always add more time to the end of the match to make up for it. If it's a serious problem, limit it to 1 challenge in the last 10 or 15 minutes of play.

Can still be used to disrupt the opponents rhythm, has to be at the ref's discretion for me.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Would have to be replayed altogether, that's what happened in the FIFA game. To be honest, if Liverpool had asked for the game to be replayed I don't see how the PL could have refused, it should have been refused.

The problem with replaying the whole match is that if a team is winning 4-0 and such an incident happens, replaying the whole game at 0-0 is not fair for the team that was winning 4-0 and basically had the match in their favor. Why should the team be punished because of a referee's mistake?

If it's 4-0 then it won't have a significant impact on the game, and you tell the team asking for a replay to go swivel. Starting the game from X minutes, it's something that's never been done before, and there's a reason for that. You start a game in, say the 85th minute and then all the players have all their energy back, big advantage to the attacking side. Also, what if you have two such decisions, one at 1-0, one at 5-0, both to the detriment of the defending side, which one do you go with then? What about substitutions, if Team A have used all their substitutions, do they have to put out the same XI, or can they put out a completely different one? If they have to put out the same line-up and aren't allowed any subs, then what about injuries? If they're defending a lead, can they put 6 defensive midfielders on the pitch? Doesn't seem very fair.

In the incident you mentioned in the World Cup, the side who demanded the replay actually ended up going out after they got a worse result in the replay, and ended up going out.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Seems very detrimental to top level football.

Not really. It has a lot of benefits. In theory, it will help the national team improve with a wider pool of developed players. It can also help with the finances of a club. I would imagine it being much cheaper to develop your own players than purchase them and in some cases buying a player from your own country is cheaper than buying someone from abroad.

Tell that to Dalglish. Players from your own country would become much more in demand, and as a result, prices would skyrocket. It would help some national teams, it would be to the detriment of others.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:It already is in the Premier League, doesn't seem to make much difference.

It just needs to be implemented across the globe. There are some atrocious referees outside of England, especially outside of Europe.

Who is paying them?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:04 am

BladeGunner14 wrote:I would definitely like for that to happen. It strikes me as extremely odd how Messi, a player who was naturally very fragile and extremely injury-prone, hasn't had one significant injury in the three and a half seasons Guardiola has been at the helm. There are many other dubious situations regarding their players that lead me to believe that an investigation may be necessary.

Messi has had only three major injuries over three seasons. I think it was just bad luck.

If Barca had some kind of solution to end major injuries, why did the following players get long term injuries this season...

Pique
    Puyol
    Sanchez
    Fabregas
    Afellay
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:15 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:It's not a punishment if it was going to happen anyway. In any case, how is the referee supposed to judge whether it is 12 yards away? Is that 12 yards from the centre of the goal? 12 yards from the nearest part of the goal? They're some pretty fucking big judgements you're asking the referees to make. I'd only ever support automatic goals for things like saves by defenders on the goalline, and even then, I'd be reluctant to.

There is no need to punish the defender. If you award an automatic goal, the attacking team isn't being disadvantaged in anyway. An additional area can be outlined on the field. You are making a big deal out of a little thing.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:If it's 4-0 then it won't have a significant impact on the game, and you tell the team asking for a replay to go swivel. Starting the game from X minutes, it's something that's never been done before, and there's a reason for that. You start a game in, say the 85th minute and then all the players have all their energy back, big advantage to the attacking side. Also, what if you have two such decisions, one at 1-0, one at 5-0, both to the detriment of the defending side, which one do you go with then? What about substitutions, if Team A have used all their substitutions, do they have to put out the same XI, or can they put out a completely different one? If they have to put out the same line-up and aren't allowed any subs, then what about injuries? If they're defending a lead, can they put 6 defensive midfielders on the pitch? Doesn't seem very fair.

In the incident you mentioned in the World Cup, the side who demanded the replay actually ended up going out after they got a worse result in the replay, and ended up going out.

Again, things that can be discussed between the people that are making the decision. You make some valid points. Let's say if the incident happened in the first half, the whole match is replayed. If it happened in the second half, the match is replayed at halftime.

The point is, a team should not suffer because a referee did not know the rules of the game.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Who is paying them?

FIFA would have to contribute to their salaries if not paying for 100%. Make them employees of FIFA rather than the federation.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:18 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:It's not a punishment if it was going to happen anyway. In any case, how is the referee supposed to judge whether it is 12 yards away? Is that 12 yards from the centre of the goal? 12 yards from the nearest part of the goal? They're some pretty fucking big judgements you're asking the referees to make. I'd only ever support automatic goals for things like saves by defenders on the goalline, and even then, I'd be reluctant to.

There is no need to punish the defender. If you award an automatic goal, the attacking team isn't being disadvantaged in anyway. An additional area can be outlined on the field. You are making a big deal out of a little thing.

That's going to be a weird looking pitch.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:If it's 4-0 then it won't have a significant impact on the game, and you tell the team asking for a replay to go swivel. Starting the game from X minutes, it's something that's never been done before, and there's a reason for that. You start a game in, say the 85th minute and then all the players have all their energy back, big advantage to the attacking side. Also, what if you have two such decisions, one at 1-0, one at 5-0, both to the detriment of the defending side, which one do you go with then? What about substitutions, if Team A have used all their substitutions, do they have to put out the same XI, or can they put out a completely different one? If they have to put out the same line-up and aren't allowed any subs, then what about injuries? If they're defending a lead, can they put 6 defensive midfielders on the pitch? Doesn't seem very fair.

Again, things that can be discussed between the people that are making the decision. You make some valid points. Let's say if the incident happened in the first half, the whole match is replayed. If it happened in the second half, the match is replayed at halftime.

The point is, a team should not suffer because a referee did not know the rules of the game.

It's you who is making the decision, you hold 6 votes on the IFAB. I agree that no team should suffer because a referee didn't know the rules, obviously, but it is inevitable.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Who is paying them?

FIFA would have to contribute to their salaries if not paying for 100%. Make them employees of FIFA rather than the federation.

Blimey, that's going to cost a fortune. I take it you're taking a lot more money from the Federations and Confederations?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:19 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    BladeGunner14 wrote:I would definitely like for that to happen. It strikes me as extremely odd how Messi, a player who was naturally very fragile and extremely injury-prone, hasn't had one significant injury in the three and a half seasons Guardiola has been at the helm. There are many other dubious situations regarding their players that lead me to believe that an investigation may be necessary.

Messi has had only three major injuries over three seasons. I think it was just bad luck.

If Barca had some kind of solution to end major injuries, why did the following players get long term injuries this season...

Pique
    Puyol
    Sanchez
    Fabregas
    Afellay

Maybe they stopped after the side effects on Abidal.
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:19 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Pique
    Puyol
    Sanchez
    Fabregas
    Afellay

Maybe they stopped after the side effects on Abidal.

Man.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:27 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:That's going to be a weird looking pitch.

Hold the phones! We have a crisis on our hands!

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Blimey, that's going to cost a fortune. I take it you're taking a lot more money from the Federations and Confederations?

Not necessarily. The money that the federations are already spending on the referees would be offset by the additional money FIFA could charge the federations. I don't recall FIFA having financial problems anyways. It would be a wise investment.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Maybe they stopped after the side effects on Abidal.

Sick joke is sick.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:39 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:That's going to be a weird looking pitch.

Hold the phones! We have a crisis on our hands!
    I'm just not sure people are going to go for a system like that, it's going to be too confusing. It'll criss cross with the 18 yard box, creating more confusion. Football's a simple game for simple people and we shouldn't overcomplicate it.
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Blimey, that's going to cost a fortune. I take it you're taking a lot more money from the Federations and Confederations?

Not necessarily. The money that the federations are already spending on the referees would be offset by the additional money FIFA could charge the federations. I don't recall FIFA having financial problems anyways. It would be a wise investment.
    They would have fucking problems if they started paying referees in every country in the world.
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Maybe they stopped after the side effects on Abidal.

Sick joke is sick.
    Oh come on, he was fine, he never even had cancer.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:40 am

ahlycotc wrote:

Pique
    Puyol
    Sanchez
    Fabregas
    Afellay

Bad luck, I guess. I'm not saying they have a miraculous cure to long-term injuries, just that they could possibly be using some sort of drug to enhance their players' physical fitness. It is quite extraordinary how they maintain such a high pressure game for an entire season without the injury count being significantly higher than it is. I was also fairly shocked at how quickly Abidal recovered from his tumour. I have no expertise in the medical department but I think it was quite remarkable for a player to get back on the football pitch and perform in the Champions League final, no less, in such an accomplished manner when he'd barely recovered from the cancer.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:42 am

He never had cancer, he had a little tumour and they removed it. Tumours are a possible side effect of drugs designed to enhance performances.
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:43 am

RR you dont even believe all this.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:48 am

Sean wrote:RR you dont even believe all this.

Sean, my beliefs change from day to day, the only thing that's absolutely solid for me is that nothing is certain, and that didn't used to be true. Anything is possible, and the fact that Barcelona play in a way that nobody else can, that makes me a little bit suspicious of them, which is why I would commission an investigation. I'm not altogether comfortable with Messi's use of HGH either.

I believe Abidal never had cancer by the way, it was just a benign tumour, although I'm willing to be proven wrong on that if someone provides a reputable source.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:49 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:He never had cancer, he had a little tumour and they removed it. Tumours are a possible side effect of drugs designed to enhance performances.

Meh, I wouldn't be surprised. He was reaching 30 and hadn't been performing too well up until when Guardiola joined. A couple of season later, he's holding Barcelona's defence single-handedly while Piqué and Puyol are injured. Miraculous stuff.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:58 am

That is an interesting point about Abidal, I never thought about that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:37 pm

BladeGunner14 wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:He never had cancer, he had a little tumour and they removed it. Tumours are a possible side effect of drugs designed to enhance performances.

Meh, I wouldn't be surprised. He was reaching 30 and hadn't been performing too well up until when Guardiola joined. A couple of season later, he's holding Barcelona's defence single-handedly while Piqué and Puyol are injured. Miraculous stuff.

There is only one simple explanation for all this, Pep Guardiola is a god.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:39 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    BladeGunner14 wrote:

There is only one simple explanation for all this, Pep Guardiola is a god.

bad muslim
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:22 am

I think people are forgetting that Guardiola has been at the club since 2007 shifty

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 8:33 am