Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Royal
luke.
6 posters

forestfcfan on Wayne Rooney situation

Anonymous

forestfcfan on Wayne Rooney situation Empty forestfcfan on Wayne Rooney situation

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:10 am

Wayne Rooney has every right to leave United if he wants to.

If I wanted to leave my job I would tell my boss that I quit.

I wouldn't be all over the papers though, I wouldn't be criticised.

Wayne, I'm on your side. I still think you're a cunt though
    luke.
    luke.

forestfcfan on Wayne Rooney situation Empty Re: forestfcfan on Wayne Rooney situation

Post by luke. Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:26 am

I salute you.
    Royal
    Royal

forestfcfan on Wayne Rooney situation Empty Re: forestfcfan on Wayne Rooney situation

Post by Royal Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:29 am

forestfcfan wrote:I wouldn't be all over the papers though, I wouldn't be criticised.
    That's because you're not a celebrity, and your boss didn't pay nearly £30m for you. Neutral
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:30 am

forestfcfan wrote:Wayne Rooney has every right to leave United if he wants to.

If I wanted to leave my job I would tell my boss that I quit.

I wouldn't be all over the papers though, I wouldn't be criticised.

Wayne, I'm on your side. I still think you're a cunt though

Of course he does, it would help if he gave us a legit reason for wanting to do so. Neutral
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:58 am

Your just saying you support Rooney because he has a right to leave, well obviously yes he does, but hes given a pretty pathetic excuse for leaving after all his been through at the club. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:06 am

Totally true, and people who go on about money..

Money is a factor in any job, I understand he's already earning enough to support more than his families needs, but really, if he wants more money, isn't happy, he has every right to do so.

But it's still not very nice considering last season he told us he's going to stay forever and he's at the best club in the world, we haven't lost much since he said that..

Understand his point of view on the Glazers and ambition, but if he goes to City, he's not showing the fans that supported him over these years through thick and thin the same respect as he's got.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:12 am

It's not the same at all.

In a normal job you're not bought for millions of pounds, you're an expendable commodity, and you don't sign up to a contract where the onus is on you to stay (it's only on the employer to not sack you without a good reason in most circumstances)

I'm not against Rooney leaving because when his contract is up that's the amount of time Man Utd have guaranteed his services for.

What I am against is players who don't fulfil their contract and go on tantrums. If you don't want to be at a club for 5 years don't sign the contract, and especially don't stop playing to the best of your ability when the club you legally promised to play for for the duration of your contract put a lot of faith in you.

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:11 pm

I see both sides of the situation. Money is really not the issue here. It doesn't matter if Rooney is earning millions or an employee is earning $10/hr. It's all relative. I think a better example though would be comparing Rooney wanting to leave and a Vice President or Director wanting to leave a corporation. Rooney has ever right to want to leave Manchester, the only difference between this and the employee wanting to leave is that Manchester has to agree to an offer from another club while an employee can just leave after they give their notice.

If a club signed a player for 5 years, they have every right to sell the player off sooner. Why is it OK if a club sells a player before the contract is over, but it's somehow unethical for a player to want the same thing? The reason contracts would have a long period is to ensure the club can benefit from a possible sale in the future and not have the player go for free.

In conclusion, Rooney has every right to SAY he wants to leave. Now it's up to Manchester United to agree or not. If they don't agree, then Rooney should accept that and fulfill the remainder of his contract whether he likes it or not. This sort of ties into Luxz0rz's last paragraph. Rooney signed a contract and as long as ManUtd want to continue, he has to oblige. If I were responsible at ManUtd, I would let Rooney go no matter how good he is on the pitch. If a player/employee is not committed to the organization, they become more of a liability than an asset.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:13 pm

ahlycotc wrote:I see both sides of the situation. Money is really not the issue here. It doesn't matter if Rooney is earning millions or an employee is earning $10/hr. It's all relative. I think a better example though would be comparing Rooney wanting to leave and a Vice President or Director wanting to leave a corporation. Rooney has ever right to want to leave Manchester, the only difference between this and the employee wanting to leave is that Manchester has to agree to an offer from another club while an employee can just leave after they give their notice.

If a club signed a player for 5 years, they have every right to sell the player off sooner. Why is it OK if a club sells a player before the contract is over, but it's somehow unethical for a player to want the same thing? The reason contracts would have a long period is to ensure the club can benefit from a possible sale in the future and not have the player go for free.

In conclusion, Rooney has every right to SAY he wants to leave. Now it's up to Manchester United to agree or not. If they don't agree, then Rooney should accept that and fulfill the remainder of his contract whether he likes it or not. This sort of ties into Luxz0rz's last paragraph. Rooney signed a contract and as long as ManUtd want to continue, he has to oblige. If I were responsible at ManUtd, I would let Rooney go no matter how good he is on the pitch. If a player/employee is not committed to the organization, they become more of a liability than an asset.

Because the player is going to still get paid at another club??

We wont get Wayne Rooney's services.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:26 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:I see both sides of the situation. Money is really not the issue here. It doesn't matter if Rooney is earning millions or an employee is earning $10/hr. It's all relative. I think a better example though would be comparing Rooney wanting to leave and a Vice President or Director wanting to leave a corporation. Rooney has ever right to want to leave Manchester, the only difference between this and the employee wanting to leave is that Manchester has to agree to an offer from another club while an employee can just leave after they give their notice.

Because the player is going to still get paid at another club??

We wont get Wayne Rooney's services.

That's a very selfish view. Rooney is not one of a kind and he is definitely not the best in his position in the world. If ManUtd want, they can buy a suitable replacement. And even if he was the best there ever is, does Rooney not have a say in this? Things change and if one party is not happy with their previous agreement, they have every right to voice their concern. And if Manchester United are truly that arrogant, they can simply refuse to sell Rooney and see out his contract (which legal they are able to do). But like I said, they will get into more trouble by keeping him than letting him go. It seems like Rooney will leave one day or another. Why not take advantage and sell him when he is most valuable?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:27 pm

No, no we can't. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:29 pm

kyro7 wrote:No, no we can't. Neutral

You can't find a replacement for Rooney?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:31 pm

Nope, no one will lead the line like he could for us imo, unless we sign someone like Villa, Drogba and tbh, it's just not going to happen. Neutral
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:34 pm

You can have Samaras, kyro. Just offer us Rooney + £40 mill and we'll work something out. Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:31 pm