Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Ekranas wrap up fourth successive Lithuanian title

Weather130
    Weather130

Ekranas wrap up fourth successive Lithuanian title Empty Ekranas wrap up fourth successive Lithuanian title

Post by Weather130 Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:03 pm

FK Ekranas secured their fourth successive Lithuanian league title after their 1-0 victory at FK Tauras combined with a 2-0 defeat at FK Sūduva for second-placed VMFD Žalgiris.

Ekranas wrap up fourth successive Lithuanian title 1704566_w2

Ekranas have now won the Lithuanian title seven times

FK Ekranas claimed their fourth successive Lithuanian title after a 1-0 win at FK Tauras and a defeat for second-placed VMFD Žalgiris meant they opened up an unassailable seven-point gap with two games remaining.

Mantas Savenas scored his first goal of the season to give Ekranas the lead with a wonderful curling free-kick on 35 minutes. Both sides wasted a number of chances after that and, although Ekranas held on to claim the points, they had to wait for the result of third-placed FK Sūduva against challengers Žalgiris before being crowned champions – and sealing a berth in UEFA Champions League qualifying next term.

With Žalgiris pushing forward in search of victory, Nerijus Radžius scored for Sūduva with 11 minutes remaining, and things got worse for the title challengers when Deivydas Matulevičius was sent off. Tadas Eliošius then doubled the lead in added time and, in doing so, handed Ekranas their seventh title overall. Sūduva now need just a single point to secure third place and claim a UEFA Europa league spot alongside Žalgiris.

"The game was even," Žalgiris coach Vitalijus Stankevičius said. "We maybe risked more in the end and fortune was not on our side. We wanted to challenge for the title, but second place also meets our target of finishing higher than last year."

Ekranas coach Valdas Urbonas told UEFA.com: "Even though there were difficult moments along the season, we never doubted the final victory. But that doesn't mean our success was straightforward.

"Since we were defending champions, every team wanted to knock us off the top. And we changed more than a half of the squad before the season, yet retained the winning mentality. I'm delighted that we had a real team and all the players did their job well."

Meanwhile, Sūduva coach Virginijus Liubšys rued his side's drop in form midway through the season. "Today we showed real determination and the team has been on fire lately. Unfortunately, we dropped too many points in a horrible middle of the season."

With two games to go the stats for Ekranas are 23-7-1 with 64 goals for and 11 goals against
    Anonymous

Ekranas wrap up fourth successive Lithuanian title Empty Re: Ekranas wrap up fourth successive Lithuanian title

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:33 pm

Another feeder league to the Polish League.

I also like that. Smile
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Ekranas wrap up fourth successive Lithuanian title Empty Re: Ekranas wrap up fourth successive Lithuanian title

Post by Pippo Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:01 am

Ekranas are turning into quite the team tbh.
    Mason
    Mason

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:29 am

Pippo Inzaghi wrote:Ekranas are turning into quite the team tbh.

Laughing
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:51 am

Liverpool wrote:
    Pippo Inzaghi wrote:Ekranas are turning into quite the team tbh.

Laughing

Did you sallow a feather at a young age or something? You laugh at almost anything.
    Mason
    Mason

Post by Mason Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:59 am

Pippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Liverpool wrote:

Laughing

Did you sallow a feather at a young age or something? You laugh at almost anything.

I am very confused about how you know about all these different teams? You must watch a lot of football or your just bluffing knowledge.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:02 am

Liverpool wrote:
    Pippo Inzaghi wrote:

I am very confused about how you know about all these different teams? You must watch a lot of football or your just bluffing knowledge.

I research these teams.
    Mason
    Mason

Post by Mason Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:02 am

Pippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Liverpool wrote:

I research these teams.

Ekranas wrap up fourth successive Lithuanian title 537999

Okay then.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:05 am

In a couple of years time, ekranas will challenge Barcelona in the champions league final
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:34 am

Liverpool wrote:
    Pippo Inzaghi wrote:

Well I will also say to give up less than 15 goals in any level of football is rather impressive, as that means you have good defense and a good keeper. I do not think having only a quality GK will allow you to give up less than 15 goals. Also Ekranas was the biggest team that did not withdraw from the league due to major differences with the Lithuanian Football Federation. FBK Kaunas who were the main competition left a few years ago and now they are finally back in the A Lyga but as one would expect they are a much weaker team when they left.
    Mason
    Mason

Post by Mason Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:37 am

Weather130 wrote:
    Liverpool wrote:

Well I will also say to give up less than 15 goals in any level of football is rather impressive, as that means you have good defense and a good keeper. I do not think having only a quality GK will allow you to give up less than 15 goals. Also Ekranas was the biggest team that did not withdraw from the league due to major differences with the Lithuanian Football Federation. FBK Kaunas who were the main competition left a few years ago and now they are finally back in the A Lyga but as one would expect they are a much weaker team when they left.

I was talking to Pip...but thanks Laughing
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:48 am

Liverpool wrote:
    Weather130 wrote:

Yes, I know but I had all the info needed to explain the situation so I posted it. Smile Next season could be a little more interesting if FBK Kaunas gets any better, for awhile they had a working relationship with Hearts from Scotland. Not sure how that is working out but they do have one player with them at the moment that are on loan from Hearts. I am sure life in Lithuania is much different that in Scotland.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:00 am

Weather130 wrote:
    Liverpool wrote:

Yes, I know but I had all the info needed to explain the situation so I posted it. Smile Next season could be a little more interesting if FBK Kaunas gets any better, for awhile they had a working relationship with Hearts from Scotland. Not sure how that is working out but they do have one player with them at the moment that are on loan from Hearts. I am sure life in Lithuania is much different that in Scotland.

Thats the guy who got his penis out infront of kids isn't it?
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:57 am

Pippo Inzaghi wrote:

Thats the guy who got his penis out infront of kids isn't it?

It is Craig Thomson and after looking at his Wiki page he is that guy. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:11 am

Have they still got that Brazilian? Can't remember his name..
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:12 am

Dan wrote:Have they still got that Brazilian? Can't remember his name..
    Laughing
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:13 am

They have Mauro Lucas. He used to play for BATE Borisov i'll have you know.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:14 am

Pippo Inzaghi wrote:

That's the one. Very good footballer.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:18 am

Dan wrote:
    Pippo Inzaghi wrote:

That's the one. Very good footballer.

He is more of a holding midfielder, but yes, he is quite good.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:25 am

Pippo Inzaghi wrote:

Interesting to know before he moved to BATE this guy played for various smaller Brazilian teams that I have never heard of before. It took him five years before he moved to Europe.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Weather130 wrote:
    Pippo Inzaghi wrote:

Interesting to know before he moved to BATE this guy played for various smaller Brazilian teams that I have never heard of before. It took him five years before he moved to Europe.

I agree. America RJ as one of these teams.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:29 am