Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

KR wrap up Icelandic title

Weather130
    Weather130

KR wrap up Icelandic title Empty KR wrap up Icelandic title

Post by Weather130 Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:41 am

Captain Bjarni Gudjónsson said "I cannot describe my feelings" and coach Rúnar Kristinsson made clear his pride after guiding KR Reykjavík to their 25th Icelandic Premier League title.

KR Reykjavík have been crowned Icelandic Premier League champions for the 25th time after a 3-2 home victory over Fylkir on Sunday.

The triumph meant that KR, who lifted the Icelandic Cup in mid-August, maintained a five-point gap over FH Hafnarfjördur at the summit with one round of games remaining. "This is a big moment for me and it's great to bring the trophy home," said former Reykjavík player turned coach Rúnar Kristinsson, who steered the club to the title in his first full season in charge.

"I am very proud, especially of my players, the board and everyone who has worked for the club. All these people have worked very hard together. We have a good squad who give it their all, backed by a good board."

Such support has helped steer KR to a record of 13 league victories, seven draws and just one defeat this term. "This team have been good over recent years and I believed we could win a trophy this summer," added Kristinsson.

"Maybe not both, but I knew we could have a shot at them. We planned to be one of the best four sides and despite the challenge of clubs like Hafnarfjördur, ÍBV [Vestmannaeyjar] and Valur [Reykjavík] we believed we could go all the way."

Captain Bjarni Gudjónsson, scorer of KR's opening goal on Sunday, said: "I cannot describe my feelings right now. Slowly we have been getting closer to the title and today we made it."

FH are in pole position for the runners-up spot, sitting one point above ÍBV ahead of next week's matches against Fylkir and Grindavík respectively. Meanwhile Víkingur Reykjavík's relegation to the second division has been confirmed, with one of four sides set to join them next weekend.
    As stated this is Knattspyrnufélag Reykjavíkur's (KR) 25th Icelandic title. The season is now over and KR's record was 13-8-1 with 44 goals for and 22 goals against
    Kuled

KR wrap up Icelandic title Empty Re: KR wrap up Icelandic title

Post by Kuled Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:41 am

inb4pip
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:43 am

That's nice, dear.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:50 am

Fascinating stuff.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:09 am

It was to be expected to be honest. KR are a very good team and could beat teams such as Zilina, Brondby, Austria Vienna and the likes on their day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:46 pm