Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+50
Van Wolfswinkel
Andy
Childish Logic
Demba Ba
Zzonked
MickStupp
Mason
Sean
Lux
Paulinho
Cadbury
Marvin
Jordi
Phadunkin Donuts
The Zlatan
Coatsy
Walcott
LFC_Grunners
Ben
Mal
Muhkoo
JonjoShelvey
Barton
Shelvey
SBSP
moscowmadeit3
Start.
Keanoo
Kuled
SpiritOfShankly
Mustangt125
El_indian
Gegilworld93
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Pippo
El Jefe
JK
thechampion
Lukeyy99
Clark
Hitchy
ResurrectionRooney
Grenade
VivaRonaldoLAD
Jorlung
coolhead33
Theo Filippo
Danny
Steadman
chiboygeorge
54 posters

FIFA 12

MickStupp
    MickStupp

FIFA 12 - Page 23 Empty Re: FIFA 12

Post by MickStupp Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:17 am

JMB_94 wrote:
    justaddfinesse wrote:

don't worry about him. FIFA 12 is just another thing he's shit at.

He has a point though, people who are really competitive on FIFA are then ones who usually exploit the games mechanics, time waste and go for "sweaty goals".

In some circumstances i can understand obviously (for example, if you've just scored a stoppage time winner you may try to keep possession instead of continuing to attack), but for some it seems as though winning and having a decent record is a much more bigger priority than actaully enjoying the game.
    I don't exploit the mechanics and I haven't a clue what a "sweaty goal" is Confused I mean I'll usually keep attacking when 1-0 up, but in games where I'm pegged back I'll try to keep the ball up their end of the pitch.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:25 am

Head to Head gets pretty boring once you've won the Div 1 title.

At least with the leaderboards on Fifa 11 you had some incentive to carry on playing.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:03 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    MickStupp wrote:Surprisingly no, there wasn't any. But see if you're 1-0 up with less than 5 minutes left in game, would you keep the ball in the corner? I got hate mail for that the other day. In fact to quote them: "u must be a tim with those manky tactics" Laughing
    It's only a fucking game, it ruins it when you do stuff like that.

The point of a game is to have fun, if winning makes you enjoy it more then why not do that?
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:28 am

MickStupp wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:

He has a point though, people who are really competitive on FIFA are then ones who usually exploit the games mechanics, time waste and go for "sweaty goals".

In some circumstances i can understand obviously (for example, if you've just scored a stoppage time winner you may try to keep possession instead of continuing to attack), but for some it seems as though winning and having a decent record is a much more bigger priority than actaully enjoying the game.
    I don't exploit the mechanics and I haven't a clue what a "sweaty goal" is FIFA 12 - Page 23 894246 I mean I'll usually keep attacking when 1-0 up, but in games where I'm pegged back I'll try to keep the ball up their end of the pitch.

Don't worry i'm not accusing you of anything. Laughing I'm kinda generalising, speaking on my behalf of my personal experience of playing H2H seasons so far, a lot of people seem to have that sort of attitude.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:34 am

Marvin wrote:Head to Head gets pretty boring once you've won the Div 1 title.

At least with the leaderboards on Fifa 11 you had some incentive to carry on playing.

Once you win division 1 you should be entered on to an "Elite Leaderboard" or something.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:07 am

Lux wrote:
    Marvin wrote:Head to Head gets pretty boring once you've won the Div 1 title.

Once you win division 1 you should be entered on to an "Elite Leaderboard" or something.
    Suspect

Never happened to me. I'll check it out later, maybe I missed a trick.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:22 am

Marvin wrote:
    Lux wrote:

Suspect

Think he's just suggesting what he thinks should happen.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:30 am

Stoke and Swansea on fifa 12 online. not worthy

I can't get out of Div 9. Am shit. Neutral
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:05 am

Marvin wrote:
    Lux wrote:

Suspect

What Zzonked said, but how good are you at FIFA? Laughing I think you only got it recently.
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Post by Clark Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:05 am

I was pretty close to the Division 1 title, missed out by 2 points Dry Smile
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:27 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Marvin wrote: Suspect

What Zzonked said, but how good are you at FIFA? Laughing I think you only got it recently.
    Pretty good, I still have problems when it comes to attacking, such as skill moves, but apart from that I'm pretty solid. Not that it even matters anyway, most higher ranked players use high pressure so all you need to do is contain the ball, wait and then just split the defence.

Think it took me like less than a week to get to Division 1.
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:28 am

Must of played a lot. Took me about 3, but I just don't like playing too much of one thing.

Even though I haven't played Marvin, I played with him on clubs and he was beast not worthy
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:32 am

I'm trapped in division 6 because I've lost connection in the last 7/10 games. Neutral

I was lucky not to get relegated tbh, cost me so many wins.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:34 am

Played it alot for like 2 days straight cause it was new and I was excited, took a break for a day and a bit and then carried on.
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:56 am

JMB_94 wrote:
    MickStupp wrote:
    I don't exploit the mechanics and I haven't a clue what a "sweaty goal" is FIFA 12 - Page 23 894246 I mean I'll usually keep attacking when 1-0 up, but in games where I'm pegged back I'll try to keep the ball up their end of the pitch.

Don't worry i'm not accusing you of anything. Laughing I'm kinda generalising, speaking on my behalf of my personal experience of playing H2H seasons so far, a lot of people seem to have that sort of attitude.
    Yeah, I never thought you were accusing me of anything shifty Laughing just thought I'd explain myself to RR a bit more, although there was no need to, really.

And are people scoring sweaty goals just being jammy bastards?
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:15 am

Sweat goals are when you have two attacking players who have broken through the defence and you wait for the keeper to come out slightly before squaring it to the other for a tap-in.
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:26 am

Jay wrote:Sweat goals are when you have two attacking players who have broken through the defence and you wait for the keeper to come out slightly before squaring it to the other for a tap-in.
    I can see how that could be annoying, and it is. But is there really anything wrong with it? I mean do people consider it like, immoral? Laughing
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:28 am

Also when you constantly cross it to the back post knowing that the game is flawed in that aspect. You can have two defenders marking the attacker and he will always win the ball and score.
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:28 am

It is probably just because it takes no skill and you'd have to be seriously bad to miss, but I don't mind them.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Post by Gegilworld93 Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:46 am

MickStupp wrote:
    Jay wrote:Sweat goals are when you have two attacking players who have broken through the defence and you wait for the keeper to come out slightly before squaring it to the other for a tap-in.
    I can see how that could be annoying, and it is. But is there really anything wrong with it? I mean do people consider it like, immoral? Laughing
    Szczesny plays like this Laughing
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:02 am

New Patch Tomorrow - http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1165407.page
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:10 am

Glad they reduced the AI of the defaults, people abused it so much. I hope it makes a difference and forces people to use an Any.
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Post by Steadman Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:41 am

Ok, so I was thinking about getting this within the next two weeks. I've heard some of you say the Career Mode is fucked though. My questions; has a patch been released to fix some problems or is there one under production? Is the game worth getting if the buyer plans to spend 70% in Career Mode and 30% in online modes?
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:53 am

Today's patch fixes most, if not all of the career mode problems.

And it depends on how much you like Career mode, it can be boring as hell at times. I would say no myself, but if you're a Career mode junkie then you could do worse than Fifa 12.
    Steadman
    Steadman

Post by Steadman Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:01 am

Marvin wrote:Today's patch fixes most, if not all of the career mode problems.

And it depends on how much you like Career mode, it can be boring as hell at times. I would say no myself, but if you're a Career mode junkie then you could do worse than Fifa 12.
    My main worries with Career Mode after reading through posts in here are, the freezing/glitch issue which fucks up your whole save, the growth system seems to make players progress too fast (especially physical stats), unrealistic transfers with clubs throwing around money they would never have. Have these been fixed?

I wouldn't call myself a Career Mode junkie, but I do spends more time in offline modes just because I play the game to when I'm relaxed and most of the times I just cannot be bothered with people that quit/use noobish tactics or waste time.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:10 am

The link Viva posted shows the changes made to career mode in the new patch. The ones you mentioned are on there and have been fixed.

Meh, I dunno. Hard to imagine if it's worth it for someone who only plays offline seeing as I find offline boring as fuck. If you find one for less than £30 then I say go for it.
    Steadman
    Steadman

Post by Steadman Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:42 am

Marvin wrote:The link Viva posted shows the changes made to career mode in the new patch. The ones you mentioned are on there and have been fixed.

Meh, I dunno. Hard to imagine if it's worth it for someone who only plays offline seeing as I find offline boring as fuck. If you find one for less than £30 then I say go for it.
    Cheers Marv. I might just wait until January and get it on the cheap.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:32 am

If you have 2 players vs a goalkeeper then it's your right to pass it around the goalkeeper.

Fact is....you could miss by going 1v1......it's not that easy depending on the circumstances.

The worst part is when someone charges his goalkeeper out and still expects you not to pass it.........if that player was any good they wouldn't let you be 2v1. Almost never am I in such a position....
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Post by Gegilworld93 Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:20 am

Stead, I'm pretty much like you, play CM most of the time and personally I really like it, the new youth system is great and for me it's fun. AI should be realistic on the higher difficulties if you adjust the sliders a bit and my issues (physical growth, no weather/time of day option) have been fixed in today's patch Smile

Post by Steadman Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:27 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:Stead, I'm pretty much like you, play CM most of the time and personally I really like it, the new youth system is great and for me it's fun. AI should be realistic on the higher difficulties if you adjust the sliders a bit and my issues (physical growth, no weather/time of day option) have been fixed in today's patch Smile

What sliders do you adjust? I always play Fifa games on Legendary or World Class as I need some realism to the difficulty of the AI.

I'll probably stick to World Class at the beginning (as I wasn't very good while playing the demo Laughing) and when I find myself winning games too easy I'll up it to Legendary.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content