Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Grenade
Childish Logic
SBSP
ResurrectionRooney
Danny
VivaRonaldoLAD
10 posters

Would Barca struggle..

VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Would Barca struggle.. Empty Would Barca struggle..

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:40 am

on a wet & windy night against Stoke? think
    Danny
    Danny

Would Barca struggle.. Empty Re: Would Barca struggle..

Post by Danny Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:40 am

Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:44 am

Yes. Anyone who says they wouldn't are underestimating Stoke. They'd probably win most of the time like Man U do but it wouldnt be easy.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:24 am

Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:26 am

They'd carve Stoke open but I'd love to see Barca defend set pieces v them and see how it panned out, don't think Stoke would get many set pieces because they wouldn't get the ball though.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:27 am

When Manchester United played Barcelona in Wembley Manchester United didn't even get a corner. They would absolutely destroy Stoke so long as the referee was fair.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:30 am

9-0 Barca probably.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:32 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:When Manchester United played Barcelona in Wembley Manchester United didn't even get a corner. They would absolutely destroy Stoke so long as the referee was fair.

a throw-in inside Barca's half is more dangerous than a corner when you are playing Stoke though...
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:33 am

Do you think Stoke will make it out of their half? Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:34 am

SBSP wrote:Do you think Stoke will make it out of their half? Laughing

I think they would, even in the most one sided game a team can get into the other teams half..
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:03 am

kyro7 wrote:They'd carve Stoke open but I'd love to see Barca defend set pieces v them and see how it panned out, don't think Stoke would get many set pieces because they wouldn't get the ball though.

this. I think it has gotten to a point where barcelona are just too good for everyone.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:19 am

the only way they would be able to have any possession in barcelona half is by direct longball, and this isnt a typical insult towards stoke but its true. when barcelona make a mistake in stoke half, which can happen, or if stoke simply win the ball, they will be unable to play out, they will just hoof to relieve pressure for about 20 seconds then prepare to defend again
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:23 am

No, Barca wouldn't struggle unless maybe Stoke don't cut their fields for like a month like Real did. Razz

Barcelona would keep possession all game, keep the ball moving around the field waiting for an opening to be made by the Stoke defense. Messi or someone will cut in, put the ball through Stoke Defenders legs, go one on one and score 19 times out of 20. This won't just be once a match occurrence, if Barcelona in this era has taught us anything, such a situation will happen fifteen-twenty-five times a match. Furthermore, Stoke defenders are not used to playing intelligently and would get frustrated after about 15 minutes. Plus I see fouling as the only way Stoke could get the ball, I would count on a player or two getting two yellow cards.

Really, Stoke would be very easy opponent to Barcelona, even on a cold and wet, windy, weekday night. I can see Barcelona winning by 4 to 5 goals... atleast.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:25 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:When Manchester United played Barcelona in Wembley Manchester United didn't even get a corner. They would absolutely destroy Stoke so long as the referee was fair.

a throw-in inside Barca's half is more dangerous than a corner when you are playing Stoke though...
    Barcelona won't need corners, and if Guardiola is smart, he'd tell the corner kick taker to pass it to the nearest man rather than crossing it.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:26 am

polska. wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:

Barcelona won't need corners, and if Guardiola is smart, he'd tell the corner kick taker to pass it to the nearest man rather than crossing it.

Im talking about for Stoke.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:26 am

polska. wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:

I think you didn't understand what he meant, he meant that Stoke getting a throw in is more dangerous than Stoke getting a corner, I think.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:27 am

There's another factor you guys aren't considering though, and that's the referee. If he is intimidated or influenced by the Stoke crowd, which a lot of referees are, and is too scared to make fair decisions, there is a strong probability that skilful players like Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Fabregas, will end up with their legs in 4 or 5 pieces, and only a couple of yellow cards or a harsh talking to for Stoke players. The remaining Barcelona players would no doubt be intimidated by this, and out of their element.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:31 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:There's another factor you guys aren't considering though, and that's the referee. If he is intimidated or influenced by the Stoke crowd, which a lot of referees are, and is too scared to make fair decisions, there is a strong probability that skilful players like Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Fabregas, will end up with their legs in 4 or 5 pieces, and only a couple of yellow cards or a harsh talking to for Stoke players. The remaining Barcelona players would no doubt be intimidated by this, and out of their element.
    You know how cuntish the Barca players are? I am sure the ref will be more intimidated by Puyol and others than Stoke. Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:36 am

polska. wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:There's another factor you guys aren't considering though, and that's the referee. If he is intimidated or influenced by the Stoke crowd, which a lot of referees are, and is too scared to make fair decisions, there is a strong probability that skilful players like Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Fabregas, will end up with their legs in 4 or 5 pieces, and only a couple of yellow cards or a harsh talking to for Stoke players. The remaining Barcelona players would no doubt be intimidated by this, and out of their element.
    You know how cuntish the Barca players are? I am sure the ref will be more intimidated by Puyol and others than Stoke. Laughing

Yeah, they sometimes behave cuntishly, and Busquets will go down, but when he does the Stoke fans will barrack him and throw their faeces at him, and the referee will tell him to get up, even if he is carrying his knee in his hand. If Puyol touches anyone they will either react with equally aggressive behaviour, or dive to the ground in mock agony.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:51 am

They won't struggle but it would be interesting to see how they manage. Arsenal play similar to Barca but usually struggle against Stoke. I know Barca are on another level to Arsenal but it just proves keeping possession doesn't mean you keep Stoke quiet.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:25 pm

grenade187 wrote:They won't struggle but it would be interesting to see how they manage. Arsenal play similar to Barca but usually struggle against Stoke. I know Barca are on another level to Arsenal but it just proves keeping possession doesn't mean you keep Stoke quiet.
    That is because Arsenal doesn't hold possession as well, don't pass like Barca do, don't press and can't recover possession on their own, and are nowhere as productive or efficient as Barca do. Stoke defenders can relax from time to time with Arsenal, they won't with Barca. This is not even mentioning Arsenal's complete lack of any defensive ability and let's not get started with set pieces. facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:47 pm

The only way Stoke could frustrate Barca is if they parked the bus. But I can easily see 80% possession for Barca.

I would actually love to see a competitive match between the two sides to put this hypothetical bullshit to bed.
    XavIniesta_6
    XavIniesta_6

Post by XavIniesta_6 Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:49 pm

Once Stoke gets into the CL then we could figure that out.
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:15 pm

XavIniesta_6 wrote:Once Stoke gets into the CL then we could figure that out.
    lol!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:32 pm

Arsenal play similarly to Barcelona is the funniest quote I've heard in a long time. A few years ago, maybe.

They don't even play the best football in the PL. Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea are much more entertaining.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:15 pm

James wrote:Yes. Anyone who says they wouldn't are underestimating Stoke. They'd probably win most of the time like Man U do but it wouldnt be easy.

Another five star post. What would we do without your amazing contributions?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:33 pm

Hey Mal, how are you?

And I don't think it'll be easy as people think. Stoke will play their usual 4-4-2 with the midfield dropping really deep. Barca will dominate possession but they won't run away with the game scoreline wise. On stoke's narrow pitch it will be alot harder for them to cut through the defence. The most effective way fr barca would be the xavi-Alves diagonal ball over the top combination.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:15 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:on a wet & windy night against Stoke? Would Barca struggle.. 214775

Only if the rain was so bad the ball randomly stopped on the pitch. Even then I wouldn't be surprised if Messi, Iniesta and Xavi just juggled the ball while they moved and beat them that way. No ball movement on the ground and it's advantage Stoke. So.. if stoke ever gets to the Champions League they need to flood their pitch before playing.

James wrote:Hey Mal, how are you?

And I don't think it'll be
    easy as people think. Stoke will play their usual 4-4-2 with the
    midfield dropping really deep. Barca will dominate possession but they
    won't run away with the game scoreline wise. On stoke's narrow pitch it
    will be alot harder for them to cut through the defence. The most
    effective way fr barca would be the xavi-Alves diagonal ball over the
    top combination.

Messi walked through Sergio Ramos, Pepe and Carvalho like they weren't even there. I don't think Shawcross and Upson/Woodgate would be too much of a challenge.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:38 am

Yeah... on a massive pitch where there was lots of space.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:14 am

James wrote:Yeah... on a massive pitch where there was lots of space.
    are you mentally ill?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:31 pm