Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Roloman4
SBSP
Lukeyy99
VivaRonaldoLAD
Cristiano
The Zlatan
JonjoShelvey
Walcott
Jord
badham21
14 posters

Is It Wrong to laugh at this?

Anonymous

Is It Wrong to laugh at this? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is It Wrong to laugh at this?

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:22 am

Yeah but to say we sound scottish is retarded
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:03 am

rofl

I feel a bit bad for laughing but some of it was just too funny.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:30 am

Cam wrote:Yeah but to say we sound scottish is retarded
    As far as I care to give, Scottish just sounds like your typical English accent but thicker.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:36 am

Polska, you're so ignorant. Laughing
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:58 am

polska. wrote:
    Cam wrote:

You're a fucking idiot then.
    Not really. You all sound the same to me. I can only differentiate between Irish, Posh, Geordie, Chav and 'Other incomprehensible shite'. All you Mancs, Scouses, Brummies and places who don't fit the other categories go into Other.

You have to be born in England or atleast live in England for a considerable amount of time to differentiate between them.

Atleast I am better than most Americans who probably didn't even know there was more than one English accent. Is It Wrong to laugh at this? - Page 2 58503
    I'll give you that one Polska. You've reached the safe zone.

I go on Xbox Live and some Americans think I'm Scottish. It's degrading actually because I can understand the difference between different American accents and can actually name some of them. Just wish some of you lot were the same.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:12 am

SBSP wrote:Polska, you're so ignorant. Laughing
    Hardly so.

I am aware that all the different accents exist and probably could name all of them, I just can't tell most of them apart. If someone from Manchester speaks, my ears won't just clue in and realize it's a Mancunian accent.

@Jord, American accents aren't that difficult to differentiate, nor does it differentiate between cities, and given how America has exported their culture worldwide, it's not a surprise you can name them. However, most Americans would be like "Manchester? What's that?" or "Essex? Sounds durty Hurr Durr Derp Derp ".
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:15 am

Yeah but that just brands the stereotypical ignorance in Americans these days. It's why everyone hates the country because they just don't give a shit about any other culture other than their own.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:20 am

Jord wrote:Yeah but that just brands the stereotypical ignorance in Americans these days. It's why everyone hates the country because they just don't give a shit about any other culture other than their own.
    Thing is, they don't really need too. I am sure you Brits were the same a hundred years ago.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:21 am

polska. wrote:
    Jord wrote:Yeah but that just brands the stereotypical ignorance in Americans these days. It's why everyone hates the country because they just don't give a shit about any other culture other than their own.
    Thing is, they don't really need too. I am sure you Brits were the same a hundred years ago.
    So you basically just said Americans need to get with the times. hehe
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:22 am

polska. wrote:
    What do you mean they don't need too? You're right, they don't, no country needs to 'care' really.

Why would a country be happy to be ignorant? Maybe I'm completely missing the point.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:26 am

Jord wrote:
    polska. wrote:Thing is, they don't really need too. I am sure you Brits were the same a hundred years ago.
    What do you mean they don't need too? You're right, they don't, no country needs to 'care' really.

Why would a country be happy to be ignorant? Maybe I'm completely missing the point.
    Everything that concerns or needs to concern the American populace is on the national scale, what happens in England or Germany doesn't effect them. There just isn't a need to concern themselves with foreign matters like there is in Europe, thus the ignorance.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:28 am

Well once the country goes bankrupt everything will change.
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Supports : LDU, Selección Ecuatoriana de Fútbol

Post by Roloman4 Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:12 am

polska. wrote:
    Cam wrote:Yeah but to say we sound scottish is retarded
    As far as I care to give, Scottish just sounds like your typical English accent but thicker.

That's ridiculous, there are two stremas of Scottish accents.

The Southern, lowland one, more similar to Northern English, York and such to anything else, and the Highland one, more similar to Irish, especially in the Gaelic speaking areas.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:16 am

See. Rolo understands.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:19 am

I don't understand tourettes. Why is it only cuss words that they cannot help saying? What did they say before words such as 'Fuck' existed?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:21 am

Roloman4 wrote:
    polska. wrote:As far as I care to give, Scottish just sounds like your typical English accent but thicker.

The Southern, lowland one, more similar to Northern English, York and such to anything else, and the Highland one, more similar to Irish, especially in the Gaelic speaking areas.

Pfft
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:27 am

Nah its not wrong YOU FUCKING CUNT TIT BASTARD but yeah I agree.
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Post by Roloman4 Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:30 am

Cam wrote:
    Roloman4 wrote:

Pfft

Ehh, I could particularly think of any other large settlement close to the lowlands of Scotland.

But you should agree, lowland Scots, specially low lowlands, sound very similar to Northern Englishmen, in fact, one could say they are ethnically very similar, with the Germanic invaders occupying part of Southern Alba during their migrations.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:44 am

To the untrained ear they can sound similar I suppose. It's just that Northen English folk miss out certain letters and nouns and sometimes entire words in their sentences. The Scots do the same. But either way the Scottish have a completely different way of pronouncing actual words, different to anyone else in the UK. Anyone who lives in this country can tell the difference between a Northern English accent and a Scottish accent, but to say that the whole of England, Scotland and Wales all share the same 'Scottish' accent is silly.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:45 am

There was that one thread where someone thought Ray Hudson was Scottish. Laughing
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:47 am

SBSP wrote:There was that one thread where someone thought Ray Hudson was Scottish. Laughing

When he creamed himself from Messi's goal? rofl
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:48 am

TBF, that happens all the time. shifty

http://www.the-playmaker.com/t8357-crazy-geordie-not-scottish-commentator
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Post by Roloman4 Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:19 am

Jord wrote:To the untrained ear they can sound similar I suppose. It's just that Northen English folk miss out certain letters and nouns and sometimes entire words in their sentences. The Scots do the same. But either way the Scottish have a completely different way of pronouncing actual words, different to anyone else in the UK. Anyone who lives in this country can tell the difference between a Northern English accent and a Scottish accent, but to say that the whole of England, Scotland and Wales all share the same 'Scottish' accent is silly.

It is silly, very silly.

But once again, it is important to note that Highlanders and Lowlanders have very different accents.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:19 am

Pippo Inzaghi wrote:I don't understand tourettes. Why is it only cuss words that they cannot help saying? What did they say before words such as 'Fuck' existed?

It's not just about shouting thinks like PIP'S A WANKER at random, they have ticks and twitches and weird mannerisms they can't control.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:36 am

i think its wierd that a small country can have diffrent accents
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Post by Roloman4 Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:26 pm

Blackpool Rule wrote:i think its wierd that a small country can have diffrent accents

Not when part of the country is of a different ethnicity and historically spoke a different language.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:55 pm

Jord wrote:See. Rolo understands.
    Rolo is weird though. Dry Smile

And yah, I knew that the highlander and lowland Scots are different, but the highlanders are too insignificant to be noteworthy.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:56 pm

Blackpool Rule wrote:i think its wierd that a small country can have diffrent accents
    Wait and see a century from now. American states will have diversified ALOT in that time, I guarantee it. It is how languages develop in the first place, and why England has so many regional dialects.
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Post by Roloman4 Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:58 pm

polska. wrote:
    Jord wrote:See. Rolo understands.
    Rolo is weird though. Dry Smile

And yah, I knew that the highlander and lowland Scots are different, but the highlanders are too insignificant to be noteworthy.

Insignificant?
    JonjoShelvey
    JonjoShelvey

Formerly known as : Snoopy
    Supports : Liverpool Football Club.

Post by JonjoShelvey Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:43 pm

Pippo Inzaghi wrote:I don't understand tourettes. Why is it only cuss words that they cannot help saying? What did they say before words such as 'Fuck' existed?
    They have many twitches, like when he doesn't swear he jumped or fiddled with his seatbelt he also hits his wife with it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 2:23 am