Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

||Arsenal||Back to Glory Days||You Can Post

Anonymous

||Arsenal||Back to Glory Days||You Can Post Empty ||Arsenal||Back to Glory Days||You Can Post

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:19 am

||Arsenal||Back to Glory Days||You Can Post 2hp5c37

Last edited by AFC4EVA2012 on Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

||Arsenal||Back to Glory Days||You Can Post Empty Re: ||Arsenal||Back to Glory Days||You Can Post

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:21 am

||Arsenal||Back to Glory Days||You Can Post 2ewhd9y
    Arsenal Football Club has revealed its new home kit for the 2010/11 season*, available to pre-order from today, Thursday 1st July, via the Online Store and through Club outlets.

On sale from Thursday 29thJuly, the 70s style shirt is made up of a block red body with a white round neck collar, and white sleeves. Inside the shirt on the back of the club crest is inscribed Arsenal’s motto: “Victoria, Concordia, Crescit”. The shorts and socks are white.

While the design is traditional, the technology is cutting edge. Every shirt is made entirely from recycled polyester, crafted from up to eight plastic water bottles as part of Nike’s ‘Considered Design’ programme, which sees discarded plastic bottles diverted from landfills to be used in the manufacturing process.**

The improved Nike Dri-Fit fabric, now 13% lighter than previous kits, helps to quickly evaporate moisture by drawing it through the fabric to the surface, to keep players dry. Ventilation zones on the sides of the jersey and back of shorts enhance breathability by up to 7%. And the double knit structure of the jersey gives it 10% more stretch.

The classic design and ethical makeup of the kit has already proved a big hit with the Arsenal players.

Alex Song said: “The shirt is traditional, it’s red and white which the fans love, and it shows the history of the Club.

“I watched Arsenal on TV lots when I was young and just saw red and white. If someone told me six or seven years ago I’d be able to wear these colours it would have been unbelievable, so today I’m so happy to wear this shirt and to do my best for this shirt.”

Thomas Vermaelen agreed, saying: “I really like this new kit. It’s the typical colours for Arsenal, white and red, and it’s really nice. Every club has their own traditional colours. For Arsenal it’s red and white and that’s the way it’s supposed to be.”

Theo Walcott summed the new kit up: “The colours are very traditional, it feels nice and it’s made from recycled plastic bottles so what more can you ask for?! It fits and feels nice, and that’s the most important thing. I think it’s important that you feel comfortable in it.”

Those who pre-order the new home shirt at arsenal.com or an official Arsenal store, will receive a redcurrant Arsenal polo neck t-shirt in the same size, worth £20***, absolutely free while stocks last!

The new Arsenal home shirt is priced £45 for adults (£50 long sleeved) with children’s shirts at £35 (£40 long sleeved). The Armoury, All Arsenal, Finsbury Park and Enfield stores will be open 9am – 5.30pm on Thursday 29th July. Further information for activities taking place on kit launch day will be posted on www.arsenal.com in due course.

Last edited by AFC4EVA2012 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

||Arsenal||Back to Glory Days||You Can Post Empty Re: ||Arsenal||Back to Glory Days||You Can Post

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:40 am

||Arsenal||Back to Glory Days||You Can Post 1zd4s3p

The Gunners reveal their new away kit, available to pre-order today, Tuesday, June 28, 2011. Capturing the spirit and history of Arsenal Football Club, the new away shirt features a specially designed crest to highlight the proud origins of the Club 125 years ago.

The celebratory badge design features 15 laurel leaves to the left side of the Club's crest to reflect the detail on the reverse of the sixpence pieces paid by 15 men to establish the Club in Woolwich in 1886. The 15 oak leaves to the right of the crest pay tribute to the founders who would meet in the local Royal Oak pub. Underneath the crest is one of the Club's first recorded mottos - 'Forward' - with the anniversary dates of 1886 and 2011 either side.

The front of the new away shirt is divided into two halves, one navy blue and one turquoise blue, inspired by the away kits worn by Arsenal teams from the past. The diagonal line represents the gnomon (the pointer) which casts the shadow on a sundial - to commemorate the original Dial Square sundial on the site of the Arsenal munitions factory in Woolwich, where the Club was founded in 1886.

The back of the shirt is entirely navy blue, with one sleeve navy and the other turquoise blue. A stripe runs down each sleeve, broken into three parts to further represent the Dial Square sundial.

The away shorts are navy blue, as are the socks, which have the year of Arsenal's foundation - 1886 - printed in white on the back of each calf.

On the back of the shirt below the neck reads ‘Arsenal', while inside the front, on the back of the crest, is a graphic that reads ‘Victoria Concordia Crescit', (‘Victory Through Harmony'), Arsenal's Latin motto, which was previously featured on earlier versions of their club crest between 1949 and 2002.

The new away kit is made from Nike's ground-breaking recycled polyester, which this season for the first time includes both the shirt and shorts. Each complete kit is made up of up to 13 reclaimed plastic water bottles. The improved Nike Dri-Fit fabric, now 13 per cent lighter than previous kits, helps to quickly evaporate moisture, drawing it through the fabric to the surface to keep players dry.

The kit is available for pre-order from Tuesday, June 28 and will be in stores from Thursday, July 28, 2011. Anyone ordering the kit from the Club stores or online at www.ArsenalDirect.com will receive a complementary collector's box and an Arsenal wash bag worth £10 while stocks last. Adult shirts are priced from £45 and junior shirts from £35.

For more news on the Club's 125th anniversary activities, keep close to www.Arsenal.com.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:45 am

||Arsenal||Back to Glory Days||You Can Post X0w587

The French left-back successfully passed a medical and joins City from Arsenal where he spent almost eight years of his career. He will now challenge Aleksandar Kolarov for a regular spot in Mancini’s starting line-up.

Clichy, 25, has a wealth of Premier League experience having played a total of 264 times for the Gunners since he signed from Cannes in August 2003.

Rated as one of the best full-backs in Europe, he also has pace in abundance and has been described as a ‘tenacious tackler’. It will not have been lost on Mancini that his new signing has also made 45 appearances in the Champions League.

Clichy has won 10 caps for France to date, the last of which was in 2010 and he was the last member of Arsenal’s famous ‘Invincibles’ team, who won the 2003/04 Premier League without losing a single game.

That triumph earned the then 18-year-old a championship medal which, in turn, made him the youngest recipient in Premier League history.

Clichy spent the first half of his career with Arsenal as cover for Ashley Cole, but won his first-team spurs after Cole’s move to Chelsea, becoming a regular in Arsene Wenger’s side over the past five seasons.

His squad number for Arsenal was No.22 which is currently held by another left-back at City – Greg Cunningham – his chosen shirt number for the 2011/12 season will be announced in due course.

The Frenchman should feel at home quickly with the Blues, having played alongside Patrick Vieira, Kolo Toure, Stuart Taylor and Emmanuel Adebayor during his days in North London.

Speaking of his move to Eastlands, Clichy said: “I’m really happy to be joining such a great club. I hope I can add to the quality we already have here because we have a fantastic squad who I believe will continue to get better.

“I can’t wait to get started and I think anything is possible with this team.”

Clichy also revealed that in joining the Blues, he will be re-joining two of his best friends in football.

“When I first came to England, it was Kolo Toure and Patrick Vieira who took me under their wing and really looked after me,” he said.

“Kolo would pick me up and drop me at home and his wife used to cook meals for me. Patrick was always there to offer me advice so it’s wonderful to be back and at the same club they are at.”

Clichy will be officially unveiled during the forthcoming tour of the USA and Canada
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:54 am

Good luck. Smile

Is this for Fifa 11 or 12?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:11 am

Splashy wrote:Good luck. Smile

Is this for Fifa 11 or 12?
    Cheers mate.
    FIFA 12
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:14 am

Good luck!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:15 am

Kuled wrote:Good luck!
    Cheers mate.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:22 am

BTW I'm doing like 4 updates each day, as FIFA 12 comes out in 6 days!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:31 am

||Arsenal||Back to Glory Days||You Can Post Ivguir
    Arsenal have announced a pre-season tour of Asia in July which will take in Malaysia and China.

The team will play two games, the first in Kuala Lumpur before moving on to the Chinese city of Hangzhou.

The Gunners will arrive in Kuala Lumpur on July 11 and play a Malaysia XI in the Bukit Jalil Stadium two days later.

They will then play Chinese Super League side Hangzhou GreenTown on July 16 at the Meihu Sports Center in Yiwu City.

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis told the club's website: "Everyone at Arsenal Football Club is excited to be visiting both Malaysia and China.

"The club has a tradition of playing in Malaysia going back to the 1960s. This will be our fourth visit to Malaysia, having last visited Kuala Lumpur in 1999. We are also looking forward to returning to China, where we last played a pre-season friendly in Beijing in 1995.

"It will also be a wonderful experience for the club and our players, many of whom will be visiting Malaysia and China for the first time."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:03 am

||Arsenal||Back to Glory Days||You Can Post Jakg3k
    Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that promising defender Carl Jenkinson, 19, has arrived from League One side Charlton Athletic. His signing was confirmed as young Gunners Benik Afobe, Chuks Aneke and Oguzhan Ozyakup also pledged their futures to the Club.

Jenkinson joins Arsenal having featured nine times for Charlton Athletic’s first team. Predominantly a right-back, the 6ft 1ins youngster can also play in the centre of defence. Although born in England, Jenkinson qualifies to represent both England and Finland through his mother. The defender has already represented both countries at youth level, and last season captained Finland Under-19s.

Afobe, a forward and England Youth International, joined the Club aged just eight and has risen through the ranks to play Under-18 and Reserve team football, signing professional terms in February 2010. The Leyton-born youngster returned from his loan spell at Huddersfield Town a firm favourite with the Terriers’ faithful, having scored eight times in 36 appearances. This helped Lee Clark’s team to a 25 game unbeaten run, culminating in reaching the League One play-off final.

Newham-born midfielder Aneke is another player to have come through the Club’s Hale End Academy, which he joined aged seven, to cement a place in Neil Banfield’s Reserves setup. Last term the England Under-18 International scored six goals in 17 games to help the second string to the runners-up spot in the FA Premier Reserve League South. Chuks signed professional terms in July 2010.

Midfielder Ozyakup has enjoyed a promising start to his fledgling Arsenal career, since arriving from Dutch side AZ Alkmaar two seasons ago. The Netherlands Youth International joined forces with Aneke and Afobe to help Steve Bould’s Under-18s to a Premier Academy League title in 2010 and has proven himself to be a key player in the Reserves, with 22 appearances to his name so far.

Everyone at Arsenal would like to welcome Carl to the Club and look forward to the continued progression of all four players in the years to come
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:08 am

||Arsenal||Back to Glory Days||You Can Post 9uvyo6
    Hours after arrival, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger was at a press conference and obviously the first question shot at the Frenchman was about his "wantaway" captain Cesc Fabregas.

"He is not here because he is injured. That is why he was left behind to recover," said Wenger.

When pressed further on the Spaniard, who has been linked to European champions Barcelona, Wenger shot back: "There is always speculation... too many headlines. But we never speak about what is happening behind closed doors."

Asked about Samir Nasir, who has been strongly linked to Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City but is with the team in Kuala Lumpur, Wenger said: "Samir is very happy and I hope yes... he will sign a new contract."

"Some of the internationals have just come back. We want to be as fit as possible. We decided to come to Asia which is a bit more demanding physically. We left some of the new signings as there is no training here.

"We are coming back in Malaysia after 12 years and we are aware of our strong fan base in Asia. Our matches in Malaysia and China are to give fun, pleasure and enjoyment to our fans and to the people who come to watch us play."

"This is our first match together after the break. Some of the internationals have just come back from duty but this tour means a lot to us. To our fans we will give fun, pleasure and enjoyment to the people who come to watch us play."

Meanwhile national football head coach Datuk K. Rajagobal said it will be a "learning experience" for Malaysia against the Gunners as they prepare for the second round World Cup qualifying matches against Singapore.

"We are not like Arsenal signing new players. But we... my players and me... are very excited playing Arsenal.

This match and the one against Liverpool (July 16) will allow me to assess my players. Arsenal is an offensive and entertaining team. I hope my players will be able to dish out the same," said Rajagobal.

"It will be a learning experience for us and where we can take advantage we will have to take them."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:25 pm

||Arsenal||Back to Glory Days||You Can Post O60byw
    Arsenal cruised to victory in the opening game of their Asia Tour on Wednesday night in front of a crowd approaching 70,000.

In the sweltering heat of Kuala Lumpur, a Malaysia XI found them simply too hot to handle.

Aaron Ramsey stroked home a penalty after five minutes and, eight minutes before the break Theo Walcott clipped home a second. Carlos Vela dinked in No 3 just after the restart.

Malaysia XI had carried a threat in the first half, mainly thanks to the pace of left winger Kunanlan Subramaniam. But they fell away as the game wore on. Tomas Rosicky even added a fourth at the death.

This was Arsenal’s first game in Malaysia since 1999. Back then Emmanuel Petit and Nicolas Anelka had secure a solid 2-0 victory.

The current crop leave for China on Thursday on the second leg of the Tour.

But, having seen them in the flesh, we can hope the Club have left a lasting legacy for the Malaysia people. From their fervent support it is clear they knew all about Arsenal before they arrived.

Hopefully this game will leave some happy memories once the team has gone.

The Bukit Jalil Stadium had erupted when the Arsenal team came out to warm-up. And the decibel levels went up 10 fold as the side emerged from the tunnel for the game.

Wearing the 125th anniversary away kit for the first time, Wenger’s XI side waved their ‘hellos’. After a week of welcome from this friendly country, they were very accustomed to the response they received.

The atmosphere was a heavy mixture of excitement, adulation and sweltering heat. In effect, the Malaysia XI was a squad from the national team. This was the first of three games against top quality Premier League opposition - Liverpool and Chelsea are due up soon - so head coach Datuk Rajagobal was managing his resources.

Mohd Safee Mohd Sali, the golden boy of Malaysia football, began on the bench. But playmaker and captain Safiq Rahim would be patrolling the midfield.

Wenger handed first Arsenal starts to Carl Jenkinson and Ryo Miyaichi. Kieran Gibbs was installed at left-back, a role his he is set to frequent following the departure of Gael Clichy.

The game had barely settled when Arsenal took the lead. In the fifth minute, Mohd Aidil Zafuan clipped Jack Wilshere as he darted down the left of the area. Ramsey was perhaps a surprising choice of penalty-taker but he was cool enough to send the keeper the wrong way.

Almost immediately it might have been 2-0 when Walcott popped up on the right but lifted his effort over the bar.

Malaysia attacks were sporadic - and mostly through the pacy Subramaniam. But any foray forward was greeted with rapturous applause. The crowd was 80 per cent Arsenal shirts but this was very much a national party.

Walcott’s pace continued to bother the home defence as did Ramsey’s movement and vision. When the two talents were combined, Arsenal were at their best.

Midway through the half, Marouane Chamakh fed Walcott on the edge of the area but the striker lost the ball at the vital moment.

Malaysia had peppered Wojciech Szczesny’s goal with long-range shots throughout so it was no surprise when Rahim tried his luck with a right wing free-kick. The tall Polish keeper stretched to tip it over but, in fairness, always had it covered.

The pace of Subramaniam was still the main weapon for Malaysia. However Jenkinson was handling him well. Chamakh drifted a header past the far post on the half-hour. In response, Ahmad Fakri Saarani tried to nod past Szczesny but the keeper blocked and the flag was up.

In the 37th minute Arsenal did grab that second. And, yet again, the Ramsey-Walcott axis worked. The Welshman sent an astute angled ball through to the sprinting Englishman. He lifted his shot over the keeper.

Seconds later, Walcott reached the byline and his searching cut back had to be hurriedly hacked clear. As the whistle approached, Arsenal were cruising. Perhaps it was the heat, perhaps it was a technical advantage but the visitors had taken control in the first 45 minutes without ever truly moving out of second gear.

Wenger made eight changes at the interval. Only Ramsey, Miyiachi and Jenkinson stayed on.

In the opening eight minutes both sides had a decent chance. Vela touched back Rosicky’s ball for Ramsey to race through and thunder his shot inches over the bar.

Shortly afterwards, Vito Mannone was penalised for holding on to the ball too long. Malaysia XI were awarded an indirect free-kick inside the area but the wall held firm from Rahim’s drive.

In the 57th minute, Arsenal’s quality told once again. Rosicky released Vela on the left of the area and, in typical style, the Mexican hoist a cheeky chip beyond the reach of the stranded keeper and into the far corner of the net.

With the job done, Wenger brought on two of his most experienced players - Robin van Persie and Bacary Sagna.

It was time for Arsenal to kick on. Vela should have made it four but, after collecting Johan Djourou’s pass and beating a couple of men, his shot hit a defender who had time to race back to the line.

Rosicky hacked over soon afterwards but made amends by grabbing the fourth in added time.

At the final whistle, the crowd erupted again and the team said their goodbyes.

As a game, this was average. As a spectacle, it was superb. If the Asia tour is about spreading the word of Arsenal, then this particular message was sent out loud and clear.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:54 pm

||Arsenal||Back to Glory Days||You Can Post 25sog9t
    Arsenal were held to a draw by Hangzhou Greentown as they completed their Asia Tour on Saturday night.

Sebastien Vasquez put the side from the Chinese Super League in front on the quarter-hour but Carlos Vela prodded the visitors level just before the break.

After a slow start, Arsène Wenger’s side had the better of the second half but spurned a number of chances, with Theo Walcott the main culprit.

Try as they might, they never found a winner but the result, of course, is pretty inconsequential. This Asian adventure has been about making friends as much as making goals. That is why they wore shirts with Chinese player names on the back this evening.

It also means the crowd figure - a healthy 20,583 - was just as important as the scoreline.

Arsenal have represented themselves well on this trip - on and off the pitch. When the final whistle blew this evening, they warmly thanked their supporters, as they have all week, and headed off to the airport.

The pre-season preparations will continue in more familiar surroundings from now on. But, as a result of their efforts in the past few days, many more people out here are familiar with the name of Arsenal Football Club.

The heavens opened in Yiwu a couple of hours before kick-off. Hangzhou were playing two hours outside their home city while their own ground was being renovated. However the Meihu Stadium was an open, modern venue and the pitch stood up well to the deluge.

Hangzhou are a fixture in the Chinese Super League after gaining promotion in 2006 and finished fourth in 2010. Their squad was primarily from the home country with a couple of Uruguayans and Hondurans thrown in.

As for Arsenal, it was the final day of a fruitful but taxing trip to Asia and freshness was clearly a factor in the team selection. The second half side in Malaysia began this evening and none would stay on after half time.

The best early chances went to the home side. In the fourth minute Vazquez bundled through but Vito Mannone saved with his legs. On the quarter-hour the Italian was beaten when Paulo Pezzolano evaded Johan Djourou’s challenge, opened his body and stroked a shot towards the far corner. Fortunately for Arsenal it bounced off the base of the post and the visitors scrambled the ball clear.

But the goal was close. In the 17th minute a free-kick bounced off Mannone’s chest and fell nicely for Vazquez to slot home from close range. It was a deserved lead.

Arsenal nearly replied immediately when Andrey Arshavin and Samir Nasri drove forward to set up Robin van Persie on the left. The Dutchman’s chip was too high for keeper Jiang Bo but too wide to find the net.

Just after the half-hour, the Russian clipped in a cross from the left and Van Persie cracked a spectacular effort over the bar.

It was an indication that Arsenal were settling into their rhythm. Hangzhou had bossed the first 15 minutes but the second quarter-hour had seen the Premier League side exert their experience.

Just before the break, substitute Wu Wei had to head Samir Nasri’s corner over his own crossbar to prevent Sebastian Squillaci heading home.

On the whistle, Arsenal did force the equaliser when Van Persie weaved his way into the Hangzhou area and, after his shot was parried, Vela tapped home the rebound.

Wenger changed his entire XI at the break and Arsenal were all the better for it. There was suddenly a purpose and drive behind their attacks. As a consequence they pushed back Hangzhou.

Just past the hour, Aaron Ramsey’s shot squirmed under the body of Gu Chao but the keeper’s block had been solid enough to divert the ball wide. The defence did the rest.

A couple of minutes later, Ryo Miyaichi laid the ball back for Kieran Gibbs to fire goalwards but Chao parried again.

Theo Walcott and Marouane Chamakh went close as Arsenal started to slice their way through the Hangzhou defence.

In the 70th minute, Gibbs and Jack Wilshere set up Walcott on the right. His first effort was blocked and his second flew over the bar.

The Englishman was starting to get on the end of all Arsenal’s chances but he could not convert. He has two efforts in quick succession - the first was tipped around the post by Chao, the second was drilled wide.

Five minutes from time, another chance fell to Walcott. Miyaichi burst to the byline and chipped the ball into the centre. The England international timed his run well but his header was high.

In the 88th minute, Chamakh saw another drive beaten away and Hangzhou nearly profited. Mao Jianqing raced down the left and his hanging cross was nodded just wide by Pezzolano.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:03 pm

||Arsenal||Back to Glory Days||You Can Post 2j4u2cj

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Ivory Coast international forward Gervinho has finalised his switch to the Gunners, joining the Club on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee.

Gervinho, 24, arrives at Arsenal from French side Lille, with the paperwork surrounding his move now approved. The Ivorian helped Lille to a Ligue 1 and Coupe de France double last season, scoring 18 goals in 49 games in all competitions.

The campaign capped a very successful two years for Gervinho, during which time he netted 36 times in his 93 appearances for Les Gogues. Before joining Lille, Gervinho enjoyed two seasons with Le Mans, also in Ligue 1.

On the international stage, Gervinho captained the Ivory Coast in the 2008 Olympics in Beijing and also represented his country at the 2010 World Cup, scoring twice in just three substitute appearances during qualification to the finals. To date, Gervinho has made 27 appearances in total for Les Eléphants, scoring six goals.

The forward, who came through the same Ivorian youth academy - ASEC Mimosas - as Emmanuel Eboue, before following in the right-back’s footsteps to join Belgian side KSK Beveren, will immediately join up with his new team mates for pre-season training.

Manager Arsène Wenger said: “Gervinho is a player that can play in a number of positions up front. He can play on the right, on the left and through the middle. He has qualities that I find very important, like his movement off the ball. He has the qualities we like technically. He is good one against one, he is strong and was the best provider in the French league with assists and he scored 15 goals. I think he is a very good addition to the squad.”

After completing his move to the Gunners, Gervinho said: “It’s a great feeling to be an Arsenal player. I’m very happy. I’ve always dreamed to play for this Club. I’ve achieved this dream now and I am so happy. It’s one of the most beautiful days of my life.

“I’m very happy to have the chance to work with Arsène Wenger. I came here because I believe that he can improve my game and help me reach another level, but the most important thing for me is that I bring a lot to the team for whom I’m playing.”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:17 am