Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Trig
CollieBuddz
Danny
Sean
Grenade
Theo Filippo
Pippo
Mario
Barton
Cadbury
ricky//habana
Jamie
Uncle John from Jamaica
The Bat-Man
chemicalrubber
XavIniesta_6
ResurrectionRooney
21 posters

Should Lionel Messi be allowed to play?

Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Should Lionel Messi be allowed to play? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Lionel Messi be allowed to play?

Post by Pippo Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:20 am

Jamie wrote:Personally I think he should be banned for not being 6 foot.

Yeah I agree. He should be jailed.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Should Lionel Messi be allowed to play? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Lionel Messi be allowed to play?

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:20 am

Pippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Jamie wrote:Personally I think he should be banned for not being 6 foot.

Yeah I agree. He should be jailed.
    I agree, Barcelona should be liquidated.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:21 am

Didn't he say himself that Barca helped pay for his hormone treatment ?
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:21 am

BladeGunner14 wrote:Is there even any proof that Messi exists?

Is there even any proof we exist? To quote the great existentialist mantra, "Is this real life?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:23 am

Sean wrote:
    BladeGunner14 wrote:Is there even any proof that Messi exists?

Is there even any proof we exist? To quote the great existentialist mantra, "Is this real life?"

Too right. I guess we'll never know.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:35 am

What a shit thread this is.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:53 am

Wayne Rooney's hair transplant has clearly enhanced his performance. Ban him too.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:05 am

I heard there's a drug class in La Masia where they pump all the youth full of that shite.

Makes sense, done it to Messi and look at him now.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:37 am

The treatment Messi received was to treat his growth hormone deficiency, not to make him a beast of a player. There are a lot of performance enhancing things players take these days to help them perform (i.e. vitamins, minerals, etc.). Should they be banned too?
    Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

Post by Trig Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:39 am

I love that nobody EVERRRRR mentions this, he was taking these as he was developing as an athlete, of course they helped in some way...
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:40 am

RobbieSavageIsA... wrote:Wayne Rooney's hair transplant has clearly enhanced his performance. Ban him too.

Scientific evidence proves that as he's more confident with his image, he's now more confident on the pitch. So I agree, ban Rooney too.

Ban Ronaldo for using sun beds as well!
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:48 am

his leg muscles are unreal
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:50 am

Getting a hair transplant or a tan (although why he'd been a sunbed in Madrid I've no idea) for cosmetic reasons is entirely different to injecting chemicals which will cause improvements in terms of physical strength, size and power. You are comparing apples and oranges.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:52 am

It's not even as if he's stronger/taller/faster etc... than loads of others players.

The fucking growth injection doesn't make him the best player in the world. What a fucking awful thread.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:53 am

And0TheGr8 wrote:I love that nobody EVERRRRR mentions this, he was taking these as he was developing as an athlete, of course they helped in some way...

Must have been imagining all the times it's mentioned on tv, my bad.
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:56 am

Plus Messi saying it in virtually every interview...
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:21 am

Ban everyone I say.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:01 pm

Danny wrote:It's not even as if he's stronger/taller/faster etc... than loads of others players.

The fucking growth injection doesn't make him the best player in the world. What a fucking awful thread.

Do you think he would be the best player in the world without the injections?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:13 pm

this is interesting topic

at my school there is a rugby player who has represented at state level he is very short also and has openly say to me that he take these hormone deficiency drugs because he also suffer from mild dwarfism when he was a child

these drugs accelerate and enhance, even replace existing cells that grow too slowly or do not grow at all . for him these drug things was a necessity not for rugby because he was just a kid but to be able to live 'normal' life. they accelerate natural growth in someone who suffers of lack of this but do not nesserialy accelerate muscle growth beyond reasonable means but this is suppose to vary from each patient

since he doesnt take these things anymore i dont think this is a issue. i also know another girl at my church well she doesnt know that i know but everyone says she is on those drugs to ever since she was a kid but still uses them now and she is teenage. so this shows variable use and effect

obviously barcelona saw messi talent his technical skills were far beyond anyone his age u even look at old video footage of him in argentina destorying all defences. many footballers have also done such things because young kids cannot help fact they they are born with such deficiencies

ronaldo also used metabolism enhancing junior drugs in his youth till his early teens as he has abnormal metabolic function thus making him getting fat very easily

for me such cases also involve majority reason of lifestyle, they need these things because they want to live a certain way. is not like they are taking these things as profesionals
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:22 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Getting a hair transplant or a tan (although why he'd been a sunbed in Madrid I've no idea) for cosmetic reasons is entirely different to injecting chemicals which will cause improvements in terms of physical strength, size and power. You are comparing apples and oranges.

i hope your not implying we should ban fruit?
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:48 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Getting a hair transplant or a tan (although why he'd been a sunbed in Madrid I've no idea) for cosmetic reasons is entirely different to injecting chemicals which will cause improvements in terms of physical strength, size and power. You are comparing apples and oranges.

It's called a joke. My god.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:55 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Danny wrote:It's not even as if he's stronger/taller/faster etc... than loads of others players.

Who knows. Can't find out now.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:01 am

Danny wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

Who knows. Can't find out now.

I'm fully aware that you don't know, I'm asking you what you think.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:27 am

What a shite thread.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:38 pm

As is often the case in most sports there are certain performance enhancers that are alowed in case certain medical criteria. are met. Someone who has asthma for instance would not be banned for using medecine that will improve their breathing and thus their level of performance (granted the drug would be useless for a normal person in most cases, but many medications are still on "the list".) The same holds true for medication against allergies as well. Lionel Messi's condition was classified by several certified doctors both in Argentina and in Spain as a Growth Hormone Deficency, a medical condition that played a detrimental part of his health, some would even go as far as to call it a disease. In a situation like that where the diagnosis requires a medical treatment to make the patient healthy, and the medical evidence provided stands to scruitiny, the growth hormone treatment is not classified as performance enhancement, but as a necessity for good health.

Left untreated the GHD condition can cause a loss of bone density, joint pains, and a number of other health issues later in life, in addition the overal Quality of Life(QQL) of a person suffering from GHD is significantly lower than the average person, primarily because of the many health issues they tend to suffer. Now would Messi be as good without it? I highly doubt it, considering the numerous problems his GHD would have caused it is doubtful he'd even play football, and certainly not at the level he is at now. However, River Plate were interested in him even before he got the treatment so obviously the boy had a massive talent

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:22 am