Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
blackskar
LiamB_14
moscowmadeit3
Walcott
Keanoo
wellz
Ben 10
Danny
Gegilworld93
fluffy_kittens
Kuled
Zzonked
easley91
Sean
Mustangt125
ResurrectionRooney
BMxJoga
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Cameron.
JK
Barton
Fanatic
Harrold
Grenade
Phadunkin Donuts
Coatsy
Steadman
Mal
CoVkId01
Demba Ba
Clark
35 posters

Udinese vs Arsenal Match Thread, ITV1 7:30pm

Poll

Udinese vs Arsenal

[ 5 ]
    Udinese vs Arsenal Match Thread, ITV1 7:30pm  - Page 8 Bar_left63%Udinese vs Arsenal Match Thread, ITV1 7:30pm  - Page 8 Bar_right [63%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Udinese vs Arsenal Match Thread, ITV1 7:30pm  - Page 8 Bar_left37%Udinese vs Arsenal Match Thread, ITV1 7:30pm  - Page 8 Bar_right [37%] 

Total Votes: 8
    Anonymous

Udinese vs Arsenal Match Thread, ITV1 7:30pm  - Page 8 Empty Re: Udinese vs Arsenal Match Thread, ITV1 7:30pm

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:20 am

BMxJoga wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    Steadman wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:I still don't get all of this Walcott hype, i don't rate him at all.

I suppose he would be a decent impact player because of his pace, but that's it.
    No rational person rates him as a good player.
    Thats why he should be played as striker.

Not clinical enough. Doesn't make rhetoric runs. In fact he made the run for the goal from the wing.
    Ever heard of strikers running the channels?
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Udinese vs Arsenal Match Thread, ITV1 7:30pm  - Page 8 Empty Re: Udinese vs Arsenal Match Thread, ITV1 7:30pm

Post by Grenade Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:22 am

LiamB_14 wrote:My friends, I fail to understand why everyone seems to think it is a disaster at Arsenal at the moment scratch

I know 2 players have left, but that doesn't make a team, and Arsenal still have a solid core to their team, a solid core of good footballers.

My friend take away Berbatov, Evra and Nani away from from United. You still have a solid core in your team with good footballers but it is not good at all if you do not replace them.
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Post by Steadman Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:24 am

Chris wrote:
    Steadman wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    Steadman wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:I still don't get all of this Walcott hype, i don't rate him at all.

I suppose he would be a decent impact player because of his pace, but that's it.
    So he can get outmuscled and dealt with by two center backs? He would be ineffective as a striker as well.
    So he can run in behind and be a predator in the box.. we wouldn't be using him like a target man.
    He's not smart enough or technically efficient to play on his own and lead the line. Any smart defensive partnership would kill him out of the game, even with his lightning pace.
    BMxJoga
    BMxJoga

Post by BMxJoga Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:25 am

Chris wrote:
    BMxJoga wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    Steadman wrote:

Not clinical enough. Doesn't make rhetoric runs. In fact he made the run for the goal from the wing.
    Ever heard of strikers running the channels?

That's exactly my point. Arsenal don't need another player who goes all around looking for the ball. We need someone to hold the ball up, take a shot, finish chances. Walcott has good speed and decent control but he plays the game too fast for his own good sometimes. No enough thought.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:26 am

To play him as a striker he needs to be partnered. He wont cope against 2 central defenders on his own. A 4-4-2 would be good for him with RVP.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:27 am

Who's through?
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:27 am

Traore gets to play as a left winger finally.

EDIT Sczesny chant Udinese vs Arsenal Match Thread, ITV1 7:30pm  - Page 8 914411
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:29 am

Steadman wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    Steadman wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    Steadman wrote:
    So he can get outmuscled and dealt with by two center backs? He would be ineffective as a striker as well.
    So he can run in behind and be a predator in the box.. we wouldn't be using him like a target man.
    He's not smart enough or technically efficient to play on his own and lead the line. Any smart defensive partnership would kill him out of the game, even with his lightning pace.
    Disagree completely. Plus you never see him play striker so you don't have anything to base an opinion off which makes your argument of the defensive partnership killing him out of the game useless. With RVP right behind him he would be an absolute weapon. How would 2 central defenders stop him if we play a decent ball over the top? He beats them to it everytime.
    BMxJoga
    BMxJoga

Post by BMxJoga Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:33 am

Chris wrote:
    Steadman wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    Steadman wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    Disagree completely. Plus you never see him play striker so you don't have anything to base an opinion off which makes your argument of the defensive partnership killing him out of the game useless. With RVP right behind him he would be an absolute weapon. How would 2 central defenders stop him if we play a decent ball over the top? He beats them to it everytime.

It's easy to say a decent ball over the top. The fact is that most decent center backs will play Walcott either really high or really deep. And what happens when when he gets the ball, what's he going to do by himself?
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:33 am

He's played as a striker 3 times for us Chris. Every time he did he scored as well. We beat a team 7-1 when he partnered Adebayor up-front and scored 2 + got 2 assists if I recall correctly.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:36 am

Well in.

Good performance when one was needed.

Szczesny wank 2 What a fucking peno save. not worthy

Thought Gervinho was brilliant, gave them all sorts of problems. Frimpong did well too until he was taken off. Solid game from Jenkinson too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:36 am

BMxJoga wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    Steadman wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    Steadman wrote:

It's easy to say a decent ball over the top. The fact is that most decent center backs will play Walcott either really high or really deep. And what happens when when he gets the ball, what's he going to do by himself?
    Well at the moment we can't do any balls over the top when they play a highline because Van Persie doesn't run in behind like Theo can. He would do a similar job to Hernandez at United if we played him up top who is also a good striker but limited player.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:36 am

Lucky win.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:37 am

LiamB_14 wrote:My friends, I fail to understand why everyone seems to think it is a disaster at Arsenal at the moment scratch

I know 2 players have left, but that doesn't make a team, and Arsenal still have a solid core to their team, a solid core of good footballers.

I made this point in the Arsenal thread yesterday, they still have a top quality side, among the top 4 in the League in pretty much every area.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:37 am

Does Jamie still think Gervinho's meh? Yet again he's prove to be our main spark in the match for me him, Sagna and Chesney deserve the motm reward.
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:37 am

Thank fuck for that.

What a man Szczesny is not worthy
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:37 am

Amazing Udinese fans, applauding for Arsenal Smile
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Post by Steadman Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:38 am

Chris wrote:
    Steadman wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    Steadman wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    He is decent when he can run in behind a high defensive line from out wide, although teams rarely set out to allow him this opportunity, playing him centrally though defences will just allow him the space to run at them with the ball something he cannot do.

A simple deployment of a deep defence causes Theo to become very ineffective. He will be forced to run with the ball at his feet and defenders will just double team him effectively killing him out of the game.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:38 am

Szczesny. not worthy
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:39 am

19Jones19v wrote:Does Jamie still think Gervinho's meh? Yet again he's prove to be our main spark in the match for me him, Sagna and Chesney deserve the motm reward.

Gervinho was pure class. Caused all sorts of problems with their defence and as a result opened more space. He puts in more performances like that and he'll be a very good buy.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:39 am

grenade187 wrote:He's played as a striker 3 times for us Chris. Every time he did he scored as well. We beat a team 7-1 when he partnered Adebayor up-front and scored 2 + got 2 assists if I recall correctly.
    Not a bad record playing there then either. People who write him off are stupid anyway.. its like every striker has to be over 6 foot or as strong as Rooney. Walcott would give us that thing we lack which is pace up front, we used to tear teams apart with it and with Van Persie just behind him well i couldn't think of anyone better.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:39 am

when are the groups drawn?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:40 am

Tomorrow.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:40 am

Phew whew
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:41 am

Steadman wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    Steadman wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    Steadman wrote:
    He is decent when he can run in behind a high defensive line from out wide, although teams rarely set out to allow him this opportunity, playing him centrally though defences will just allow him the space to run at them with the ball something he cannot do.

A simple deployment of a deep defence causes Theo to become very ineffective. He will be forced to run with the ball at his feet and defenders will just double team him effectively killing him out of the game.
    Udinese vs Arsenal Match Thread, ITV1 7:30pm  - Page 8 4c2c1d20

He would be a predator when they sit deep and as we saw last season he scored almost all of his goals from striker positions inside the opposition box.
    BMxJoga
    BMxJoga

Post by BMxJoga Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:42 am

Chris wrote:
    BMxJoga wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    Steadman wrote:
    Chris wrote:

Well at the moment we can't do any balls over the top when they play a highline because Van Persie doesn't run in behind like Theo can. He would do a similar job to Hernandez at United if we played him up top who is also a good striker but limited player.

Ehh, Hernandez is hardly limited as a striker. Not too fast, not very strong, decent touch but he has the instincts of a striker.

Truth is Wenger can make Walcott a decent striker, but not for a team like Arsenal. Henry and van Persie also had a partner up top to help them. Walcott can't play up top alone, what are you going to do put balls over top all day? He is too one-dimensional.

Last edited by BMxJoga on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:43 am

Still got the group stages. Don't want to go out then.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:45 am

BMxJoga wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    BMxJoga wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    Steadman wrote:

Ehh, Hernandez is hardly limited as a striker. Not too fast, not very strong, decent touch but he has the instincts of a striker.

Truth is Wenger can make Walcott a decent striker. Look at Henry and van Persie. But Walcott can't play up top alone, what are you going to do put balls over top all day?
    I've said many times RVP would be right behind him in the hole/support striker. He has all the ability to be striker and none of what is needed to play on the wing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:46 am

blackskar wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:Does Jamie still think Gervinho's meh? Yet again he's prove to be our main spark in the match for me him, Sagna and Chesney deserve the motm reward.

Gervinho was pure class. Caused all sorts of problems with their defence and as a result opened more space. He puts in more performances like that and he'll be a very good buy.
    This there were some Arsenal fans on our forum who still weren't convinced by us signing him. Even before we signed him I knew he was going to be a good buy, he's the only player on our team who can dribble either way bar Arshavin on his day. But he's definitely going to be a top class player for us and hopefully world class one day.
    BMxJoga
    BMxJoga

Post by BMxJoga Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:46 am

Chris wrote:
    grenade187 wrote:He's played as a striker 3 times for us Chris. Every time he did he scored as well. We beat a team 7-1 when he partnered Adebayor up-front and scored 2 + got 2 assists if I recall correctly.
    Not a bad record playing there then either. People who write him off are stupid anyway.. its like every striker has to be over 6 foot or as strong as Rooney. Walcott would give us that thing we lack which is pace up front, we used to tear teams apart with it and with Van Persie just behind him well i couldn't think of anyone better.
    Again, Chicharito is 5'9 and a way better striker then Walcott. Rooney is 5'10. Aguero is 5'7. Bit shallow to call someone stupid for disagreeing don't you think? We both have opinions and we're voicing our reasons as to why we have our opinions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 8:02 am