Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Weather130
SBSP
Sean
fluffy_kittens
BMxJoga
kh0400
Golden_Golz
Danny
The Bat-Man
Kelloggg8
Scuba Steve
dena
wellz
Grenade
Demba Ba
Jord
Demoz
21 posters

Mexico vs USA Friendly

Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Mexico vs USA Friendly - Page 5 Empty Re: Mexico vs USA Friendly

Post by Mustangt125 Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:26 pm

BMxJoga wrote:
    Mustangt125 wrote:
    BMxJoga wrote:People hate us? Mexico vs USA Friendly - Page 5 279869

Have u watched any of our international games since the 06 world cup? It's embarrassing these refs.

This is a friendly, I don't think there was some plot to thrash the U.S. in this game. And frankly I've come to accept these bad calls. They're part of the game and EVERYONE gets them.

I know it was a friendly. Did you see what part I am talking about? Pulling a guy down by his hadn and jersey when he is through on goal with the ball? I don't care if its a fucking friendly, it's a red.

And I have not come to accept these bad calls. The only one anywhere near anything like we are getting on a regular basis that I can think of is Lampard's goal they didn't count.

Youre naive if you think any other teams have gotten the shit we have since and including 06 world cup. German hand ball on the line ring any bells in 06? Please.
    BMxJoga
    BMxJoga

Post by BMxJoga Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Golden_Golz wrote:
    Scuba Steve wrote:
    BMxJoga wrote:I prefer Donovan on the wings, his speed is better used there. You're forgetting about Holden who is injured and can play that position very well.

Agreed.

I think his creativity in the middle is more dangerous than his speed on the outside. Holden is a good player though.
    I think you'll fond now that in modern tactics the most creative players play wide now(Ronaldo, Messi, Dos Santos, Nani, etc).
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:32 pm

As soon as that was said on the broadcast, he burned a defender down the left, and then had that nice move later that nearly set up Agudelo. I think they need to get him the ball out wide as much as they would if he played in the middle, but he has so much more influence when he is playing outside-in.
    BMxJoga
    BMxJoga

Post by BMxJoga Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:38 pm

Mustangt125 wrote:
    BMxJoga wrote:
    Mustangt125 wrote:

Have u watched any of our international games since the 06 world cup? It's embarrassing these refs.

This is a friendly, I don't think there was some plot to thrash the U.S. in this game. And frankly I've come to accept these bad calls. They're part of the game and EVERYONE gets them.

I know it was a friendly. Did you see what part I am talking about? Pulling a guy down by his hadn and jersey when he is through on goal with the ball? I don't care if its a fucking friendly, it's a red.

And I have not come to accept these bad calls. The only one anywhere near anything like we are getting on a regular basis that I can think of is Lampard's goal they didn't count.

Youre naive if you think any other teams have gotten the shit we have since and including 06 world cup. German hand ball on the line ring any bells in 06? Please.

The Germany thing was in 02. The only time j though we were screwed was against Slovenia. Against Germany in 02 that was just human error in which the ref missed the call. Italy 06 I thought the referee did alright. Apart from that idk what you're on about.
    BigJ0526
    BigJ0526

Post by BigJ0526 Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:39 pm

Rogers, Shea and Agudelo are beast. Even if Steve still hates Robbie.

Castillo and Ricardo Clark gtfo.

Hey GAIZ 1 STRYKER DUN WURK! eek
    BMxJoga
    BMxJoga

Post by BMxJoga Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Scuba Steve wrote:As soon as that was said on the broadcast, he burned a defender down the left, and then had that nice move later that nearly set up Agudelo. I think they need to get him the ball out wide as much as they would if he played in the middle, but he has so much more influence when he is playing outside-in.

Right, he's great at taking people on and in the middle of the field he'd have to distribute more. That isn't bad but again, Holden, Torres, Dempsey, Adu can distribute just as gmwell IMO.
    Golden_Golz
    Golden_Golz

Post by Golden_Golz Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:45 pm

BMxJoga wrote:
    Golden_Golz wrote:
    Scuba Steve wrote:
    BMxJoga wrote:I prefer Donovan on the wings, his speed is better used there. You're forgetting about Holden who is injured and can play that position very well.

Agreed.

I think his creativity in the middle is more dangerous than his speed on the outside. Holden is a good player though.
    I think you'll fond now that in modern tactics the most creative players play wide now(Ronaldo, Messi, Dos Santos, Nani, etc).

Of course, but as soon as Donovan moved into the middle the US came to life. A team has to do what works for them. Granted, there were other factors due also to changes that Mexico made, and this was a friendly w/o full squads. Just sayin' though.
    BigJ0526
    BigJ0526

Post by BigJ0526 Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:46 pm

Mexico vs USA Friendly - Page 5 4594371350_09f3636978_b

Mexico vs USA Friendly - Page 5 914411 Mexico vs USA Friendly - Page 5 914411 Mexico vs USA Friendly - Page 5 914411 Mexico vs USA Friendly - Page 5 914411 Mexico vs USA Friendly - Page 5 914411 Mexico vs USA Friendly - Page 5 914411 Mexico vs USA Friendly - Page 5 914411

Credit to Thoma GOL on Big Soccer.
    Golden_Golz
    Golden_Golz

Post by Golden_Golz Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:50 pm

Mexico vs USA Friendly - Page 5 537999
    Tio Nicci
    Tio Nicci

Supports : Colombian National Team, Deportivo Cali, and USMNT

Post by Tio Nicci Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:53 pm

USA needs to shoot more outside, they try to play Mexico game which is ball possession and look for an open man in the box. The U.S doesn't have the forwards or midfield for that game.
    wellz
    wellz

Supports : The Troops

Post by wellz Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:19 pm

nice sub Klinsmann Mexico vs USA Friendly - Page 5 601554
    wellz
    wellz

Supports : The Troops

Post by wellz Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFkNe8WvaxU&feature=player_embedded#at=131

The commentator's gooooll for Robbie Rogers goal is ridiculous Laughing
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:32 pm

Are we any closer today to possibly beating Mexico at the Azteca Stadium in Mexico City?
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:42 pm

BMxJoga wrote:
    Mustangt125 wrote:
    BMxJoga wrote:
    Mustangt125 wrote:

The Germany thing was in 02. The only time j though we were screwed was against Slovenia. Against Germany in 02 that was just human error in which the ref missed the call. Italy 06 I thought the referee did alright. Apart from that idk what you're on about.

In our 2nd group stage game last year against whoever it was we were down 2-0 and tied 2-2 shud have won 3-2 they called a perfectly good goal, quite obviously i might add, offside.

No idea how you cant remember that? Did oyu watch the WC?
    BigJ0526
    BigJ0526

Post by BigJ0526 Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:19 pm

Mustangt125 wrote:
    In our 2nd group stage game last year against whoever it was we were down 2-0 and tied 2-2 shud have won 3-2 they called a perfectly good goal, quite obviously i might add, offside.

Actually, there was a foul called by the referee. There wasn't one being committed by a American, but nevertheless. And the match was against Slovenia.
    Demoz
    Demoz

Formerly known as : 10RLegend

Post by Demoz Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:16 pm

Mustangt125 wrote:
    BMxJoga wrote:
    Mustangt125 wrote:
    BMxJoga wrote:
    Mustangt125 wrote:

Well to be fair, Jozy flopped to get that freekick which you scored off of.
    BMxJoga
    BMxJoga

Post by BMxJoga Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:30 am

Mustangt125 wrote:
    BMxJoga wrote:
    Mustangt125 wrote:
    BMxJoga wrote:
    Mustangt125 wrote:

I said that. That game was avaunt Slovenia. Any other games Sepp Blatter said no to us?
    Kelloggg8

Formerly known as : QwertyKirby
    Supports : CF América, Toronto FC

Post by Kelloggg8 Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:50 am

Happens to all teams, to be honest.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 3:26 am