Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Cadbury
Gegilworld93
El Jefe
Sean
Mario
Theo Filippo
Clark
arsenalap11
Jamie
Mal
Harrold
luke.
16 posters

Arsenal's world class midfield is crumbling.

Anonymous

Arsenal's world class midfield is crumbling.  Empty Arsenal's world class midfield is crumbling.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:20 am

After learning Nasri and Fabregas are looking to leave, Arsenal have been dealt with a further blow.

Midfielder Abou Diaby will miss the start of Arsenal's season after having ankle surgery during the summer.

Diaby, 25, has been troubled by the injury since the end of last season and was absent from the club's summer tour of Asia and a training camp in Germany.

Manager Arsene Wenger expects Diaby to miss league matches against Newcastle, Liverpool and Manchester United.

"Normally he should be back eight to 10 weeks after his surgery, which means the end of August," said Wenger.

Arsenal travel to Tyneside for their Premier League opener on 13 August, before a home match against Liverpool on 20 August and a visit to Old Trafford on 28 August.

After taking only five points from their last six games last season, which saw them slip down to fourth place after being well-placed for a title challenge, Arsenal also face a two-legged play-off to qualify for the group stage of the Champions League.

Diaby will also miss those matches, against as-yet-unknown opposition, on 16 or 17 August and 23 or 24 August.

The Frenchman's absence for a tricky start to the Gunners' league programme will be exacerbated by Denilson's departure to Sao Paulo on loan.

The situation could get even worse for Wenger with the possible loss of further midfield personnel before the close of the transfer window.

The future of captain Cesc Fabregas, a long-time Barcelona target, is still uncertain while Samir Nasri has been linked with a move to either Manchester United or Manchester City.

And occasional winger Theo Walcott has been sent home from Germany for a scan in an attempt to clear up a recurring ankle problem while 19-year-old Conor Henderson has been ruled out for the first six months of the season with a knee injury.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14346205.stm
    luke.
    luke.

Arsenal's world class midfield is crumbling.  Empty Re: Arsenal's world class midfield is crumbling.

Post by luke. Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:21 am

No-one cares.
    Anonymous

Arsenal's world class midfield is crumbling.  Empty Re: Arsenal's world class midfield is crumbling.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:21 am

Arsenal's world class midfield is crumbling.  556852950
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:21 am

Lansbury, Ramsey and Whilshere will be more than adequate to replace those losses Arsenal's world class midfield is crumbling.  279869
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:22 am

I like how you have to add that bit above the quote. Mischief

Only one of Fabregas and Nasri will leave and it's looking likely that we'll sign Mata. Hardly signs of our midfield crumbling when Diaby is injured all the time any way.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:22 am

Fabregas will stay 100 percent.

Nasri I think will stay as well, City don't have the room for him.

Diaby is a decent player but makes fuck all difference.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:22 am

I sense trolling. James was infracted for less.
    arsenalap11
    arsenalap11

Post by arsenalap11 Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:22 am

You missed out Denilson leaving Arsenal's world class midfield is crumbling.  284837
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Post by Clark Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:23 am

As for Theo, we have Ryo Cool

Diaby isn't that big a loss, Ramsey is back, Rosicky could be fit.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:23 am

Jamie wrote:I sense trolling. James was infracted for less.
    Totally agree. After all i was infracted for a comparison thread scratch
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:24 am

Lock
    Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

Post by Mario Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:25 am

Overusing "World Class"
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:26 am

To the point Diaby isn't exactly world class...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:28 am

El Pipita wrote:Overusing "World Class"

Arsenal's world class midfield is crumbling.  Liverpool4RealMadrid0
    Sean

Post by Sean Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:00 am

Cesc is gone, Nasri will stay imo. Then add Mata and it's cool
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:06 am

Sean wrote:Cesc is gone, Nasri will stay imo. Then add Mata and it's cool
    Nope.
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:07 am

I will say it is the opposite. All things taken into account, Sanchez/Tour/Season soon/Contract.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:09 am

Sadly I think it'll be Fabregas that leaves. Peter Hill-Wood has openly said that we're willing to sell if Barca pay up.
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:10 am

Mal wrote:Sadly I think it'll be Fabregas that leaves. Peter Hill-Wood has openly said that we're willing to sell if Barca pay up.

In that case they would of spent a lot, they would be, well unstoppable.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:11 am

Mal wrote:Sadly I think it'll be Fabregas that leaves. Peter Hill-Wood has openly said that we're willing to sell if Barca pay up.

I thought this was always the case, the big problem was Barca low balling wasn't it?
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:12 am

Pretty Much, Arsenal want more, and they have been dealing with others targets as well (Obviously)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:14 am

Wilshere-Song-Ramsey will dominate most teams in EPL.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:15 am

I agree.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:15 am

Ramsey is easily good enough to fill Diaby's boots.
    They'll struggle if Nasri and Fabregas leave though.

Arsenal's world class midfield is crumbling.  Captainobvious
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:16 am

Chris wrote:Wilshere-Song-Ramsey will dominate most teams in EPL.

Agreed, I noticed that Song always turns his way out of anything. And I couldn't find the signature Mad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:20 am

Which they wont, instead they spend millions on Alexis Sanchez when they act like Fabregas is number 1 priority, it wont happen.
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:21 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Which they wont, instead they spend millions on Alexis Sanchez when they act like Fabregas is number 1 priority, it wont happen.

what he said And what I said.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:21 am

Diaby was injured a lot anyway last season and when he was fit he did fuck all, talented player but it's not a huge loss in quality, more like in depht if anything.
    As Mal said we won't sell both Nasri and Fabregas and with the likes of Lansbury and Coquelin returning from loan there shouldn't be any problems in depht.
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:22 am

Diaby is injured quite a lot, he is good sometimes, pretty much just for how he can run past anyone, besides that no bug loss.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:32 am

kyro7 wrote:

Eh? They said before signing Alexis Sánchez that he was the priority.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:49 am