Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Demba Ba
ayvee1
Pippo
Cadbury
Theo Filippo
Jordi
Laurencio
Kuled
blackskar
coolhead33
Clark
Zzonked
Barton
ResurrectionRooney
crump
19 posters

wilshere and rooney on fifa 12 cover

crump
    crump

wilshere and rooney on fifa 12 cover Empty wilshere and rooney on fifa 12 cover

Post by crump Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:13 am

Good choice imo, applies to ireland, scandanavia, middle east and uk. On phone so someone find the link on ea. Discuss.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

wilshere and rooney on fifa 12 cover Empty Re: wilshere and rooney on fifa 12 cover

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:24 am

Wilshere? Really? Really?

REALLY?

One decent season and he's famous enough to go on the front cover of FIFA? Fuck that.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

wilshere and rooney on fifa 12 cover Empty Re: wilshere and rooney on fifa 12 cover

Post by Barton Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:47 am

wilshere and rooney on fifa 12 cover Fifa12_box

Not a great picture of Rooney.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:52 am

Wouldn't have been my choice, I'm sick of seeing Rooney. Should change it every year, like Madden.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:54 am

Zzonked wrote:Wouldn't have been my choice, I'm sick of seeing Rooney. Should change it every year, like Madden.

Wayne Rooney is the only English global superstar, he should be on the cover.
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Post by Clark Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:01 am

Zzonked wrote:Wouldn't have been my choice, I'm sick of seeing Rooney. Should change it every year, like Madden.

Agreed, even though he is English and deserves it, they should pick new people.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:02 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:

He is the biggest English star, but I'd rather change it anyway. It's not exactly an England game, it's just a football game.

If it's about selling it to an English market, a standout player from last years Premiership could do that instead. I'm not convinced putting an English player on the cover helps sales either, because I'm going to buy it regardless of who face is on it. I'm just sick of having his face shouting at me every time I open the disc drive.
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Post by Clark Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:04 am

Zzonked wrote:

He is the biggest English star, but I'd rather change it anyway. It's not exactly an England game, it's just a football game.

If it's about selling it to an English market, a standout player from last years Premiership could do that instead. I'm not convinced putting an English player on the cover helps sales either, because I'm going to buy it regardless of who face is on it. I'm just sick of having his face shouting at me every time I open the disc drive.

It is made by Canadians For Fuck Sake Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:08 am

Zzonked wrote:

A stand out player? Let's go through the Players of the Year. Scott Parker who isn't a Premier League player any more? Gareth Bale who has become universally recognised as over-rated (something which makes no sense)? Raul Meireles who is getting replaced by Charlie fuckin Adam? How about the Golden boot winners? Carlos Tevez who is desperate to leave the Premier League because he fucking hates playing at Manchester City? Dimitar Berbatov who gets dumped out of the United squad for the biggest game of the season? Fabregas who wants to leave Arsenal? Torres who's knackered? Drogba who's always trying to leave Chelsea?

Wilshere even being considered for the cover shows how thin on the ground outstanding Premier League players were last season, now you want to replace the one marketing superstar with some 'standout player'? There's no-one better than Rooney for this.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:15 am

Zzonked wrote:

A stand out player? Let's go through the Players of the Year. Scott Parker who isn't a Premier League player any more? Gareth Bale who has become universally recognised as over-rated (something which makes no sense)? Raul Meireles who is getting replaced by Charlie fuckin Adam? How about the Golden boot winners? Carlos Tevez who is desperate to leave the Premier League because he fucking hates playing at Manchester City? Dimitar Berbatov who gets dumped out of the United squad for the biggest game of the season? Fabregas who wants to leave Arsenal? Torres who's knackered? Drogba who's always trying to leave Chelsea?

Wilshere even being considered for the cover shows how thin on the ground outstanding Premier League players were last season, now you want to replace the one marketing superstar with some 'standout player'? There's no-one better than Rooney for this.

If they want it to relate to an English market they should pick the best player to play in England last year. Considering that is subjective, the best way is to select a winner of one of the awards. PFA Players player works for me, so Bale should get it. Him being overrated is subjective too, clearly it isn't that widely accepted if players voted him the hardest to play against. I can understand why they'd keep Rooney, because of marketing values, but I believe it should be based on merit of the last season, just simply for variety.
    Barton

Post by Barton Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:18 am

Zzonked wrote:

Meh, i get what you mean. I'm not too bothered but i'd prefer it if Rooney wasn't pulling an ugly face.

He looked alright on the FIFA 11 cover.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:24 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:

If they want it to relate to an English market they should pick the best player to play in England last year. Considering that is subjective, the best way is to select a winner of one of the awards. PFA Players player works for me, so Bale should get it. Him being overrated is subjective too, clearly it isn't that widely accepted if players voted him the hardest to play against. I can understand why they'd keep Rooney, because of marketing values, but I believe it should be based on merit of the last season, just simply for variety.

It's not players who are buying it though, it's fans, and the fans voted for Raul Meireles. The perception of Bale is that he's over-rated and has only ever had two good games in his career, you couldn't have him on it.
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:52 am

Why do we need 2 English players anyway? I wouldn't mind having Kaka on it again if that meant getting rid of granny basher.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:22 pm

The fuck is wrong with putting Wilshere on the cover?

Breakthrough season last year with Arsenal, one of our best players all season. Broke into the English national team and looked great. But yeah why the fuck is he on the cover.

Should have put Carrick on there.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:26 pm

blackskar wrote:The fuck is wrong with putting Wilshere on the cover?

Breakthrough season last year with Arsenal, one of our best players all season. Broke into the English national team and looked great. But yeah why the fuck is he on the cover.

I'm 100% adamant everyone hates Arsenal, then go on about Wilshere is a twat? Hardly. Englands next best midfielder/captain Snooty

We'll see who's laughing when he scores the winner a big game

shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:34 pm

Jesus its a fricking game cover...
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:41 pm

NoviNovak wrote:Jesus its a fricking game cover...

Because everyone has their cocks up United, Chelsea's, Madrid and Barca's arse.

Had the same problem with Walcott.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:52 pm

Get Cristiano on the cover Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:29 pm

Carroll should be on the cover What a Face
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:58 pm

He's just not an exceptional player, looks out of place next to Rooney. Breaking into the England team isn't exactly a massive achievement, Andy Carroll did. Carrick would be more suitable to be on there than Wilshere, given that he has actually achieved things.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:08 pm

He's just not an exceptional player, looks out of place next to Rooney. Breaking into the England team isn't exactly a massive achievement, Andy Carroll did. Carrick would be more suitable to be on there than Wilshere, given that he has actually achieved things.

rofl facepalm
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:10 pm

i agree with rr
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:10 pm

Laughing

Wilshere. Already has the pressure of leading England to a world cup and he hasn't really grown up yet, poor kid.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:10 pm

Kuled wrote:i agree with rr

because you're a cunt.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:11 pm

Laurencio wrote:Laughing

Wilshere. Already has the pressure of leading England to a world cup and he hasn't really grown up yet, poor kid.

It's alright though because he's average
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:13 pm

blackskar wrote:

because you're a cunt.
    Typical mod bias and favouritism. Rolling Eyes
    Barton

Post by Barton Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:15 pm

Wayne Rooney (like Wilshere) was 19 and hadn't achieved anything in his career but was a rising star when he first appeared on the FIFA 06 cover. I guess you're gonna say he shouldn't have been on it as well?

Who cares anyway, you buy the game to play it. It's not as if you're gonna nail the case to your wall and stare at it everyday.

Last edited by JMB_94 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:15 pm

But he's fat so it's OK
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:18 pm

blackskar wrote:

because you're a cunt.
    boohoo
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:18 pm

JMB_94 wrote:Who cares anyway, you buy the game to play it. It's not as if you're gonna nail the case to your wall and stare at it everyday.

Course not, that'd be silly shifty

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:47 pm