Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Jack
dena
LFC_Grunners
Ricardo
Uncle John from Jamaica
fergiesrednose
Grenade
SpiritOfShankly
Kuled
Lux
ResurrectionRooney
CollieBuddz
16 posters

If you put Fergie in charge of Coventry

Poll

Fergie get Coventry promoted?

[ 10 ]
    If you put Fergie in charge of Coventry Bar_left42%If you put Fergie in charge of Coventry Bar_right [42%] 
    [ 14 ]
    If you put Fergie in charge of Coventry Bar_left58%If you put Fergie in charge of Coventry Bar_right [58%] 

Total Votes: 24
    Anonymous

If you put Fergie in charge of Coventry Empty If you put Fergie in charge of Coventry

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:46 am

Right now, today. Would he get them promoted?

Consider the fact they haven't got the greatest team in the league, not got particularly loads of money, and have found themselves in the Championship for about 11 years now.

Could Fergie get them promoted this season?
    Anonymous

If you put Fergie in charge of Coventry Empty Re: If you put Fergie in charge of Coventry

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:47 am

I reckon so. Championship is a close league overall and all you need is good team spirit and a manager that knows what he is doing tactics wise.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

If you put Fergie in charge of Coventry Empty Re: If you put Fergie in charge of Coventry

Post by CollieBuddz Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:49 am

Doubt it. Fergie's main skill as a manager is how to use more cash than your rivals have.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:50 am

No. He's never had instant success really. Give him a few years and he probably would.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:03 am

James wrote:I reckon so. Championship is a close league overall and all you need is good team spirit and a manager that knows what he is doing tactics wise.
    Yah, I reckon he could get them to the playoffs for these reasons alone, but Fergie has never had instant success like Dan said. He needs to build a team and the players need to learn his ideology first. Coventry would not be winning the Championship no, but I think he could get them to the playoffs.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:04 am

CollieBuddz wrote:Doubt it. Fergie's main skill as a manager is how to use more cash than your rivals have.

Like Chelsea and Manchester City you mean?
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:51 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    CollieBuddz wrote:Doubt it. Fergie's main skill as a manager is how to use more cash than your rivals have.

Chelsea broke Man U's dominance when they vastly outspent Fergie. City are still getting their act together, once the dust has settled they'll overtake Ferguson's United.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:52 am

No way.

If we're saying that he can't loan in any Man Utd players or w/e like that....then he'd be lucky to finish top half with Coventry's team.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:53 am

CollieBuddz wrote:

Chelsea broke Man U's dominance when they vastly outspent Fergie. City are still getting their act together, once the dust has settled they'll overtake Ferguson's United.
    Laughing
    SpiritOfShankly
    SpiritOfShankly

Supports : Liverpool

Post by SpiritOfShankly Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:54 am

Since Fergie has been manager i very much doubt Chelsea and Man City have spent more than him the fact they have done it over a few seasons rather than 20 years means Fk all.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:56 am

Arguably the greatest manager in history. He would get the most out the players they have and dominate tactic wise against other Championship managers. Can't say for sure but I reckon he would. His very presence at Coventry will allow for better players to be brought in or loaned.
    fergiesrednose
    fergiesrednose

Post by fergiesrednose Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:57 am

give him 3-4 years not only would he get you promoted but he'd kick start your youth programme as well. wank 2
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:58 am

Definitely not. I bet it would take him a whole season to get used to working with a bunch of players who aren't used to winning most games.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:59 am

Fergie would run out of shoes to throw at players
    fergiesrednose
    fergiesrednose

Post by fergiesrednose Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:59 am

SpiritOfShankly wrote:

Since Fergie has been manager i very much doubt Chelsea and Man City have spent more than him the fact they have done it over a few seasons rather than 20 years means Fk all.

from what i've read liverpool spent shed loads in the 60's and 70's as well and paid the biggest wages.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:00 am

But imagine the pull he'd have. Every player linked would join Coventry. He'd get all the best youngsters from Man U, no questions asked. He would be able to build a squad capable of winning inhalf a season, so even if in January they werent doing so well they'd probably come back and get into the playoffs...
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:00 am

fergiesrednose wrote:
    SpiritOfShankly wrote:

from what i've read liverpool spent shed loads in the 60's and 70's as well and paid the biggest wages.

Bullshit. I absolutely refuse to believe you can read.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:01 am

fergiesrednose wrote:give him 3-4 years not only would he get you promoted but he'd kick start your youth programme as well. If you put Fergie in charge of Coventry 13664
    Can we go back to 1986 and give him the Coventry job. If you put Fergie in charge of Coventry 9905 If you put Fergie in charge of Coventry 9905 If you put Fergie in charge of Coventry 9905
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:03 am

Fergie is a great manager when he has established stability and continuity. I don't think he's a miracle man so I think it would take him time to impose his ethos on the club and get the best out of his squad. Maybe 2 years.
    fergiesrednose
    fergiesrednose

Post by fergiesrednose Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:04 am

CollieBuddz wrote:
    fergiesrednose wrote:
    SpiritOfShankly wrote:

when i said read I meant I saw a book and it had a lot of pictures........still couldnt understand the fuckin thing Cry

im so stupid I heard the telephone go and I picked up the iron!!!
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Post by LFC_Grunners Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:05 am

Well when he joined they didn't have the greatest team or the most amount of money in the league. Also he's good at motivating his team and can instill that winning mentality. Probably wont get promotion in the first year give it about 3.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:07 am

fergiesrednose wrote:
    CollieBuddz wrote:
    fergiesrednose wrote:
    SpiritOfShankly wrote:

when i said read I meant I saw a book and it had a lot of pictures........still couldnt understand the fuckin thing Cry

im so stupid I heard the telephone go and I picked up the iron!!!

Laughing It happens.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:09 am

CollieBuddz wrote:

Since Abramovich bought Chelsea, United have won more League titles than Chelsea. Also, since the Arab money flowed into Manchester City, United have won more League titles than them. This despite being outspend over those periods. Don't let facts get in the way of a good trolling though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:10 am

fergiesrednose wrote:
    SpiritOfShankly wrote:

Not totally sure about the 60, and 70,s wages but they spent a few quid, But in the 80,s going abroad esecially Italy thats where the big cash was.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:14 am

CollieBuddz wrote:

Since Abramovich bought Chelsea, United have won more League titles than Chelsea. Also, since the Arab money flowed into Manchester City, United have won more League titles than them. This despite being outspend over those periods. Don't let facts get in the way of a good trolling though.

Like the facts that no manager at Chelsea has been given a proper chance to build their team except maybe Mourinho. Which I also think while he was at Chelsea they won more titles then United.

Put it this way, if the same amount of money had gone into Chelsea, but from a different, more understanding owner, I think Chelsea would be out of your sights by now.

Like I said with City, the money has just come in and they're doing things a bit differently to Chelsea. They've made constant progress since the money came in, and I think once they get that first title there'll be a lot more to follow.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:21 am

People have called for the demise of United numerous times over the years and this just sounds like another one of those 'one of these days...' things Laughing
    SpiritOfShankly
    SpiritOfShankly

Post by SpiritOfShankly Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:27 am

fergiesrednose wrote:
    SpiritOfShankly wrote:

Shankly didnt sign many players in his first few years at Liverpool he just brought the right couple of players which then came success then we were able to build on that because with the success came the money my point still stands. everton had all the money in those days and the success they had from it still had a big red cloud over it.
    Jack
    Jack

Post by Jack Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:29 am

If you put Fergie in charge of Coventry.. United would be fucked over.
    SpiritOfShankly
    SpiritOfShankly

Post by SpiritOfShankly Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:31 am

CollieBuddz wrote:
    CollieBuddz wrote:

Like the facts that no manager at Chelsea has been given a proper chance to build their team except maybe Mourinho. Which I also think while he was at Chelsea they won more titles then United.

Put it this way, if the same amount of money had gone into Chelsea, but from a different, more understanding owner, I think Chelsea would be out of your sights by now.

Like I said with City, the money has just come in and they're doing things a bit differently to Chelsea. They've made constant progress since the money came in, and I think once they get that first title there'll be a lot more to follow.

Agree with that apart from Chelsea being out of sights, they have 16 more titles to go before they can even compare themselves to utd or Liverpool
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:33 am

dena wrote:People have called for the demise of United numerous times over the years and this just sounds like another one of those 'one of these days...' things Laughing

I don't think there's ever been as much competition for United as there is now, or will be soon.

Ferguson has hardly ever had a serious rival.

Through the 90's who was there? Just clubs having their 15 mins of fame, like Blackburn who played Ferguson at his own game and beat him but couldn't keep up with that sort of spending.

Then Arsenal pushed up to Fergusons level just with a great team. But then Wenger went off the boil as players left, now they're also rans.

Chelsea came in with REAL money and what happened? Man U's dominance was broken. But Abramovich got in the way.

NOW, You have City spending ridiculous money. Then there's Chelsea who could be looking to settle with Villas Boas and starting to spend big again.

I think things are about to change. It's a shame it's came so late though because I think if I'm starting to be proved right Fergie will pussy out and retire with people calling him the best ever, when really he was the best of shite competition.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:30 am