Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Kuled
Laurencio
Marvin
Ben 10
coolhead33
ShakerMatty
Kaka11|LFC
11 posters

Nottingham Forest: Looking to make it 3

Anonymous

Nottingham Forest: Looking to make it 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nottingham Forest: Looking to make it 3

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:10 am

May 2013

Nottingham Forest: Looking to make it 3 - Page 2 May_2010

Final Table

Nottingham Forest: Looking to make it 3 - Page 2 Final_10

Premier League Awards

English Footballer of the Year: Alexis Sanchez (Man City)
    English Players' Player of the Year: Gareth Bale (Tottenham)
    Premier League Top Scorer: Eren Derdiyok - 32 Goals (Everton)
    English Players' Young Player of the Year: Javier Hernandez (Man Utd)
    Premier League Goal of the Year: Daniel Bogdanovic (Sheffield United v Birmingham)
    Manager of the Year: Mick McCarthy (Wolves)
    Anonymous

Nottingham Forest: Looking to make it 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nottingham Forest: Looking to make it 3

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:36 am

FA Cup Final

Nottingham Forest: Looking to make it 3 - Page 2 Fa_cup11

Crazy Crazy Crazy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:51 am

Just turned down the Tottenham job, staying loyal to Forest
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:26 am

Good season Forest. Survival, FA Cup which also means Europe!
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:43 am

GO FOREST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:47 pm

Nottingham Forest: Looking to make it 3 - Page 2 Thisis_nottingham

Busy summer on Trentside as Powell prepares for new season

Nottingham Forest: Looking to make it 3 - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVkpu1x_hNKJLnzEQmfFWdqtHivmDoyaTkWSKabEMgYcdOz-pb&t=1
    Pick of the bunch, Van der Vaart snapped up from Spurs

It's been a very busy summer so far on Trentside, with no fewer than 10 new players arriving at the City Ground, and it's not even the end of July! We caught up with the Forest boss for a quick word on last season's cup heroics, European football, new signings, and more.

EP: Morning! It's been a busy week for you hasn't it? 10 signings in the space of 7 days, that's fantastic! Do you feel you have a squad able to challenge further up the table next season?

Powell: Yes Definitely, I wouldn't have signed them otherwise! But no, the players we've brought in all have a huge amount of experience in playing for big clubs and in European competitions, they will no doubt improve the side.

EP: Rafael Van der Vaart is one of your new signings. The fans are eager to see him in a Forest shirt. How did you manage to persuade such a player to sign for the club?

Powell: He knew this was the right club for him the moment we shown him around the ground. You can just smell the history around the place, and he knew that this was a big club from the onset. I'll admit it was a tough one, as there were lot's of high profile clubs in for him such as Lyon and Werder Bremen, but we're delighted he chosen to join us.

EP: That's fantastic! Despite all these great signings, fans have been sad to hear that Robert Earnshaw has left the club, could you explain that one for us? He's been instrumental in our rise to the Premier League and FA Cup success.

Powell: Robbie is a fantastic player, and I was also upset to see him leave. After all, I am a fan as well as a manager! But we both felt it was the right time for him to go. At the age he is, he doesn't want to come to the end of his career being a bit part player, he still has a lot to offer and unfortunately I couldn't guarantee him that here. I did offer him a new contract in March, but he felt it was time to move on and I fully understood his decision. He will go down in the history books here at Forest for his FA Cup heroics. The late winners in the Semi-Final against Wolves and Final against Man City were a joy to behold. We wish him all the best.

EP: All the best Robbie if you're reading this! From us at the Evening Post! So, what did you make of the teams performances last season then?

Powell: It was the best moment of my life winning the FA Cup. It's what dreams are made of. All my life i've supported the team, been going to games since I was a young boy, but to be the man in charge of our first FA Cup win since 1959 was just fantastic. It won't stop there either! I'm hungry for success and i'm positive this club will return to the peak of Europe once again.

EP: Will you be going all out in the Europa League this season? Or will you be concentrating on the League?

Powell: Of course i'll be going out. The fans deserve it, it will be our first European Campaign since 1995, so it's going to be a fantastic experience. I'm really looking forward to it.

EP: We've got to ask you this i'm afraid, but did you ever consider joining Tottenham when you got an approach this summer? There are rumours that you would have jumped ship had we lost in the final?

Powell: I don't know where those rumours came from. It never even crossed my mind about leaving the club. The was an approach from Tottenham, yes. They approached me only 2 days before the Cup Final and I asked Daniel Levy if I could think over my decision for a week. He agreed, then I turned them down a week later. The only reason I delayed it for a week was so that I had full concentration on the Cup Final and nothing else. Had I accepted, I would have left the club without a manger only 2 days before the biggest game in years. Had I rejected, all the media focus would have been took away from the FA Cup Cup.

EP: Well we're glad you're staying at Forest! All the best for the coming season, and thanks for your time.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:05 pm

Nottingham Forest: Looking to make it 3 - Page 2 Transf10
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:09 pm

congrats on winning the fa cup!
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:02 am

How dare you sell Howson. Snooty He is too good to play for you anyway. He is a Leeds lad through and through. shifty
    Kaka11|LFC
    Kaka11|LFC

Post by Kaka11|LFC Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:18 am

How do you use Blackstock, advanced forward?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:03 am

I used him as a Target Man in the first season and he scored 24, Earnshaw scored 22, so they had a decent partnership. Haven't used him much since I got promoted though and i've let him go on a free
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:11 am

How is Adam for you?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:06 pm

Pre-Season

Nottingham Forest: Looking to make it 3 - Page 2 Pre_se10

---------------------

Not the greatest of Pre Season's tbh, I changed my tactics around a little to try and suit some of the new signings but they never seemed to click, so i've changed back to my original tactics.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:07 pm

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:How is Adam for you?

Wasn't that good in the friendly games tbh. I only signed him for £300k + Guy Moussi though so I don't mind. Tried to get him the previous summer and they wanted £8 Million Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:09 pm

Community Shield

Nottingham Forest: Looking to make it 3 - Page 2 Commun10
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:09 pm

Rangers beat you 1-0 Awesome Face
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:11 pm

Rangers not worthy

I might do a save with them soon, show who the real pride of Scotland are!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Forest wrote:Rangers not worthy

I might do a save with them soon, show who the real pride of Scotland are!

OMG! Really? Faint
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:05 am

Nottingham Forest: Looking to make it 3 - Page 2 Admini10
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:06 am

Shouldn't live beyond your means. tut tut
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:07 am

It's like Portsmouth Laughing

I won the FA Cup only last season
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:54 am

Europa League Group Stages Draw

Nottingham Forest: Looking to make it 3 - Page 2 Europa10
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:56 am

I have faith that you can finish 2nd. Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:14 am

August 2013

Nottingham Forest: Looking to make it 3 - Page 2 August10

Nottingham Forest: Looking to make it 3 - Page 2 August11

Awards

Manager of the Month: Arsene Wenger (Arsenal)
    Goal of the Month: Alexis Sanchez (Man City v Sunderland)
    Young Player of the Month: Danny Wilson (Liverpool)
    Player of the Month: Edin Dzeko (Man City)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:42 am

So, the future of Forest is safe, don't worry people. Creditors have sorted shit out.

The bastards have terminated Jerome Boateng's contract without telling me though temper
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:45 am

you bought torres? shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:47 am

Erick Torres not worthy

The next Chicharito. Only cost me £3.2 Million from Chivas
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:50 am

Oh yeah "the cube". I saw Che talking about him and he posted a video of him. Looks promising.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:27 am

Nottingham Forest: Looking to make it 3 - Page 2 Aaa10
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:34 am

Dang it, wanted you to go bust. shifty

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:54 am