Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Bilbao Athletic

blackskar
    blackskar

Bilbao Athletic Empty Bilbao Athletic

Post by blackskar Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:35 am

Bilbao Athletic De8gu1

Bilbao Athletic Ath11
    The new Villa-Boas??

Athletic's B team, Bilbao Athletic, today announced the appointment of young Portuguese manager José Pereira on a 2 year deal. 34 year old José Pereira has taken his 1st step into management after serving on the backroom staff of newly appointed Chelsea manager Andre Villa-Boas during his successful time at Europa League winners Porto. José Pereira looks to be yet another succesful graduate from Porto and it's backroom coaching staff and he will be hoping to emulate the success that both Villa-Boas and José Mourinho have managed before him.

We will have an exclusive interview with the new manager shortly...
    Anonymous

Bilbao Athletic Empty Re: Bilbao Athletic

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:46 am

You took my idea! Very Happy

Are you only allowed to sign Basque players like the first team is?
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:54 am

Bilbao Athletic De8gu1

Bilbao Athletic Ath11
    An interview with the man himself:

You are sat here today, as the new manager of Bilao Athletic, how does it feel?

Feels fantastic to be honest *laughs* I felt it was the right time to branch out on my own after the success that was had under my former boss Andre. Hopefully I can build up a good reputation here at Bilbao and become a better manager.

Will you be thinking of making any major changes to the club while you are manager?

Not right away no. Would be foolish for me to make any drastic changes to personnel.

Have you got any targets in mind in the transfer window?

Now that would be telling *laughs* I have a few players I'm interested in aswell as talking to Joaquín Caparrós about any possible moves.

Thank you for your time

No problem.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:05 am

If you promote yourself to the first team, we can see who does better with Basque players. Bilbao Athletic 79723
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:16 am

That's my goal in the long run. 1st to mould the youth team and get a good system. Then get the 1st team job and reap the benefits.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:47 am

How did you get to manage the B team?

I'd love to manage FCK's B team!
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:55 am

Pip wrote:How did you get to manage the B team?

I'd love to manage FCK's B team!

Selected it when I added my manager Razz
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:15 am

Bilbao Athletic De8gu1

Bilbao Athletic Ath11
    Great start to a promising season?

Things got off to a great start for newly appointed manager Pereira when he led his Bilbao team to an empahatic 3-1 victory over Spanish side Lerrol.

Racing Club de Ferrol S.A.D 1 - 3 Bilbao Athletic (Friendly)

Bilbao Athletic's season started with domination over Spanish side Racing Club de Ferrol S.A.D at A Malata this evening. A brace from Julen Goñi helped Bilbao Ath. to victory. After a great start to the game, Bilbao turned their early dominance into a goal when Young winger Julen Goñi broke tthrough the Ferrol defence to slot it past Manuel into the bottom left corner to give his side the lead. Thing got even better for Bilbao and Julen Goñi when he added his 2nd goal of the game when Mines crossed the ball to the far post for Goñi to slot into the bottom corner.

Despite all their dominance Ferrol striker Marcos Suárez pulled a goal back from a counter, after Goñi had given the ball away in midfield, with a deftly executed finish. But this glimmer of hope for Ferrol ended up being a false hope after Iñigo Pérez re-established Bilbao's 2 goal cushion with a emphatic penalty.

Bilbao Athletic Espn-1

An interview with the Bilbao manager

Well, what a great start to your career here at Bilbao! A great win for your team.

Yes it was wasn't it! I was very pleased with the way the team played, we had lots of possesion and a very high chance creation rate which is always good. It gave me a good base to work on and with a few more tweaks to the formation and players we should be able to become even more dominant.

Gonis put in a MOTM performance this game with 2 great goals, how did you rate his performance?

I thought he was fantastic! He had great energy taking the ball down the wing, cutting in or crossing as well as his ability to track back and help out his fullback. Hopefully he can build on this in future games.

After seeing your team play for the 1st time today and having seen them in training is there any areas that you feel are in need of strengthening or changing?

No, not really. Every position has good quality players in them with good backups that can push for places. It's fantastic to have such a strong squad.

Thank you for taking the time to talk to us

No problem

Match Highlights:

Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:24 am

A B-team manager, interesting. Good luck Very Happy
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:26 am

Cheers Very Happy

It is quite weird. Got a load of the 1st teamers dumped on me and I have the ability to nick the u18s or another Bilbao teams players Razz
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:31 am

You even have highlights. I love this thread. Bilbao Athletic 914411
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:31 am

You mean Baskonia hehe

A side quest would be to get Baskonia promoted as well by sending your fringe-team players there.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:31 am

Am I the only one who prefers the dots on the screen to the 3D match engine? <_<
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:32 am

I was kinda hoping for to be more extensive highlights then just the goals though. I'll see if I can do that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:34 am

Laurencio wrote:Am I the only one who prefers the dots on the screen to the 3D match engine? <_<

Get out you creep. Bilbao Athletic 727917

Haven't seen much improvements in the 3D match engine since FM2009.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:35 am

polska. wrote:You mean Baskonia Bilbao Athletic 848922

A side quest would be to get Baskonia promoted as well by sending your fringe-team players there.

No, that's a different team.

This is Bibao Athletic, right? Edit- Yes it is.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:37 am

Laurencio wrote:Am I the only one who prefers the dots on the screen to the 3D match engine? <_<

Nope. The 3D screen is shite imo, takes away the retro feel.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:43 am

Those counters or whatever you call them were annoying as fuck. Just was plain boring. Although I have to say I rarely watch my matches. Just stick 'em on the highest speed and trust my awesome tactics to do all the work.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:38 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    polska. wrote:You mean Baskonia Bilbao Athletic 848922

No, that's a different team.

This is Bibao Athletic, right? Edit- Yes it is.
    No, but you can send players to Baskonia and likewise take players from there.

You could send some decent players down there and hope they get promoted though. What a Face
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:43 am

Is it possible to meet in a cup match?
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:13 pm

Bilbao Athletic De8gu1

Bilbao Athletic Ath11
    Demolition by new manager.

Bilbao Athletic 5 - 0 A.D. Alcorcón (Friendly)

Underdogs Bilbao Athletic pulled off a superb result today with a 5 - 0 win over Segunda División side Alcorcón. The highlight of the game was undoubtedly a superb hat-trick from Bilbao Ath.'s Urko Vera.

After a crappy start to the game from both sides, it was Bilbao that managed to break the deadlock, young centre-back Jonás Ramalho managed to give Bilbao Ath. the lead with a fierce shot in the 30th minute after playing a clever 1-2 with fellow team mate Perez. Things got even better for Bilbao when striker Urko Vera doubled their lead with a close range finish which was timed impeccably on 32 minutes.

Noticeably shell shocked by fluid pass and move football, Alcoron could must no response and fell even further behind on 38 minutes. Bilbao's Urko Vera added his 2nd goal of the game with a tidy finish on 38 minutes. Things got even better for Urko Vera when he earned the match ball with his 3rd goal of the game with a well timed finish from close range on 66 minutes.

The rout was completed in the 75th minute when young Bilbao striker Isaac Aketxe scored the 5th of the game with a real poacher's effort on 75 minutes.

Bilbao Athletic Espn-1

An interview with the Bilbao manager

Another great win against a top side! You must be delighted?

Yes I am! We went into the game confident we could beat them and we showed the great talent that we have in the squad with the large win. We showed that this season we will be a team to be feared.

Vera picked upo the match ball today with a fantastic hat trick. How did you rate his overall performance?

He was brilliant. He was a constant threat going forward for Alcoron and linked up well with his team mates throughout the match. Hopefully he can build on this performance for the upcoming season.

How do you feel about the upcoming season? Are you confident that you can gain promotion to the Segunda Liga and help your parent club Athletic Club
    by developing their players?

I'm feeling great about it to be honest. From both of the games I've seen a team of players more then capable of beating top teams and playing good football doing it. I hope that the can be rewarded for that style of play with promotion that can in turn help Athletic out on the whole.

Thank you for taking the time to talk to us

You're welcome.

Highlights of today's emphatic win shortly...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:00 am