Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
jeb4eva
Drake
Kuled
Barton
crump
Theo Filippo
chiboygeorge
Jordi
Potato-7
Childish Logic
Steadman
Ricardo
Mustangt125
AriseForLife
Grenade
Dean
SBSP
Jamie
ResurrectionRooney
23 posters

ThePlaymaker Premiership Team 1992-2011 Vs. Barcelona 2011

Poll

Who would be more likely to win?

[ 17 ]
    ThePlaymaker Premiership Team 1992-2011 Vs. Barcelona 2011 - Page 3 Bar_left44%ThePlaymaker Premiership Team 1992-2011 Vs. Barcelona 2011 - Page 3 Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 22 ]
    ThePlaymaker Premiership Team 1992-2011 Vs. Barcelona 2011 - Page 3 Bar_left56%ThePlaymaker Premiership Team 1992-2011 Vs. Barcelona 2011 - Page 3 Bar_right [56%] 

Total Votes: 39
    Anonymous

ThePlaymaker Premiership Team 1992-2011 Vs. Barcelona 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: ThePlaymaker Premiership Team 1992-2011 Vs. Barcelona 2011

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:05 am

barcelona team would obviously win this by a few goals
    Anonymous

ThePlaymaker Premiership Team 1992-2011 Vs. Barcelona 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: ThePlaymaker Premiership Team 1992-2011 Vs. Barcelona 2011

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:15 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:
    Jay wrote:
    Lux wrote:

I mean over their career though.

So far, Ferdinand has had beastlier times than Pique.

I think Cole has had better seasons than Abidal also. Not with what he has won......but Cole could easily be at Barcelona and have achieved what Abidal did anyway.

*Cringe...*

As some people have already said, that Barca midfield would dominate that of the EPL, the overall result might not be a 3 or 4-0, but I think that Barca team has massive advantages over the EPL team.
    If you swapped Scholes for a midfielder that could actually tackle, then you would stand a better chance, otherwise they would just walk all over you, the only other thing I could think of to help the EPL would be to push Ronaldo to a RW position, for Henry to drift out to the left, and to swap Giggs for Gerrard or Keane and play a 4-3-3.
    Even then the chemistry of the Barca team and it's almost telepathic understanding would edge it, in my opinion.

Ferdinand at his best was actually phenomenal. I imagine if they had a good manager and the outlined personnel the PL team would play 4-3-3

--------Schemiechel

Neville Adams Ferdinand Cole

---Scholes Vieira Giggs

---Ronado Shearer Henry

As for the idea that Scholes can't tackle, that's bollocks. Go and watch United's game in Camp Nou in 2008, or almost any United match from 2006/07, he could certainly tackle, he just tended to wound his opponents when he mistimed his tackles.
    Would Ronaldo work hard enough, if they could not get the ball back. But i think it would be a great game to watch.

Probably not, that's part of the reason I think the Barca side would win, the Premier League side doesn't really have the players to deal with Barca. I do think one could build a team from all Premier League players who could beat them though, if you were specifically targetting beating them.
    I would agree with you, that you could build a team from all the Premier League players that could beat them, maybe need a Roy Keane in the midfield with Vieira or something like that. And i was not just picking on Ronaldo, who i think is an absolute top class footballer, but sometimes his Workrate was not always great, But you could say the same about Henry not being the greatest at chasing back, as that was not the greatest part of his game, but he was also something really special as a footballer.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:20 am

Jay wrote:

*Cringe...*

As some people have already said, that Barca midfield would dominate that of the EPL, the overall result might not be a 3 or 4-0, but I think that Barca team has massive advantages over the EPL team.
    If you swapped Scholes for a midfielder that could actually tackle, then you would stand a better chance, otherwise they would just walk all over you, the only other thing I could think of to help the EPL would be to push Ronaldo to a RW position, for Henry to drift out to the left, and to swap Giggs for Gerrard or Keane and play a 4-3-3.
    Even then the chemistry of the Barca team and it's almost telepathic understanding would edge it, in my opinion.

Ferdinand at his best was actually phenomenal. I imagine if they had a good manager and the outlined personnel the PL team would play 4-3-3

--------Schemiechel

Neville Adams Ferdinand Cole

---Scholes Vieira Giggs

---Ronado Shearer Henry

As for the idea that Scholes can't tackle, that's bollocks. Go and watch United's game in Camp Nou in 2008, or almost any United match from 2006/07, he could certainly tackle, he just tended to wound his opponents when he mistimed his tackles.
    Would Ronaldo work hard enough, if they could not get the ball back. But i think it would be a great game to watch.

Probably not, that's part of the reason I think the Barca side would win, the Premier League side doesn't really have the players to deal with Barca. I do think one could build a team from all Premier League players who could beat them though, if you were specifically targetting beating them.
    I would agree with you, that you could build a team from all the Premier League players that could beat them, maybe need a Roy Keane in the midfield with Vieira or something like that. And i was not just picking on Ronaldo, who i think is an absolute top class footballer, but sometimes his Workrate was not always great, But you could say the same about Henry not being the greatest at chasing back, as that was not the greatest part of his game, but he was also something really special as a footballer.

Yeah, you could beat them with Ronaldo, Ronaldo's been on the winning side against them twice in his career, it's always been with the rest of the players on the team in defensive roles though, even the other forwards. With Ronaldo, Giggs, Henry and Shearer on the pitch though, none of whom are particularly renowned for tracking back, it'd be incredibly difficult to stop them from scoring heavily.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:14 am

Barca I recon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:22 pm