Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IFA Carling Premiership 2011-12 season Official Thread

Mr. Hassard
    Mr. Hassard

Supports : Blackburn Rovers, Coleraine & Rangers

IFA Carling Premiership 2011-12 season Official Thread Empty IFA Carling Premiership 2011-12 season Official Thread

Post by Mr. Hassard Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:04 am

IFA Carling Premiership 2011-12 season Official Thread CarlingPremiershipbig

I made a thread for the IFA Carling Premiership 2010-11 season on the old EA Forums, but due to it being destroyed and such, it never really took off. shifty So here is a fresh one for the upcoming Northern Irish league season, hopefully this forum doesn't close down mid-season also. Wink

The season kicks off this Saturday, August 6th, at 3pm across the country. Linfield will be looking to once again retain the Gibson Cup (the name given to the Carling Premiership trophy), whilst "big two" rivals Glentoran, along with fellow Belfast rivals Crusaders and Cliftonville will provide adequate competition for the Blues. New boys Carrick Rangers (who were promoted after winning Northern Ireland's second division - the IFA Championship 1) will be looking retain their Premier status along with Donegal Celtic and Dungannon Swifts, other sides tipped to be battling at the wrong end of the table. And with the likes of Lisburn Distillery, Portadown, Coleraine, Ballymena and Glenavon all battling for a top-six finish, there is plenty to play for ahead of another exciting Carling Premiership season. Smile

Here are the opening weekends fixtures;

Saturday, August 6th
    Cliftonville v Carrick Rangers
    Crusaders v Glentoran
    Donegal Celtic v Portadown
    Dungannon Swifts v Coleraine
    Glenavon v Linfield
    Lisburn Distillery v Ballymena

I will try and post more information when I can. Smile

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:26 am