Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Kuled
Cameron.
6 posters

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career.

Cameron.

Supports : Manchester United.

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. Empty Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career.

Post by Cameron. Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:42 pm

Real Madrid C.F

Current Squad:

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas, Matej Delac

RB's: Romario, Sime Vrsaljko

CB's: Raphael Varane, Phil Jones, Aimé Ouattra*, André Luiz*

LB's: Gareth Bale, Jack Robinson

CM's/AM's: Juba*, Robbie Price* , Thiago, Miralem Pjanic, Toni Kroos, José Carlos*, Mark Swallow

Wingers: Angel Di María,David Sánchez*, Alex Chamberlain, Cristiano Ronaldo

Forwards: Armel Mutombo*, Solomón Rondón

*indicates a Regen.

Of Current Squad:

Legends: Iker Casillas

Icons: Cristiano Ronaldo and Myself.

Fans Favourites: No one at present.

Quick Write Up

I'm currently at the start of the 2016/17 season, so the start of my 7th year in charge of Real Madrid. So far I have been reasonably successful but their has been one major trophy that has eluded me each time ... the Champions League. Yes, much like in real life I receive no luck in the tournament reaching the final on two previous occasions before losing to Arsenal & Manchester United respectively. As like any start of the season for Real Madrid there have been in's and out's as shown here:

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. U9ByB

This was an unsual summer in the sense that I had all my business completed before the window opened and just needed July 1st for the players to be officially confirmed as Madridistas. It was after another Champions League defeat, this time to Napoli in the quarters (they then went on to reach the final before losing 5-1 to Porto.) that I realised I needed to act. My squad contained 19 players and 4 of those were injured leaving me with the bare minimum. With these transfers I have added some much needed strength in depth and this will hopefully allow me a good crack at the Champions League this season.

Of all the transfers, Rondón was probably the most unusual out of all of them. At 26 he wasn't getting any younger and as you can see from his profile his stats are not particularly great. The one thing that stood out for me though was his goalscoring ability:

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. PlTxU

This was for a team that was essentially not all that great.

Career Honours:

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. IRrHK

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. LR4Cs

Current Formation:

I currently play a 4231 formation which I have been using to varied degrees of success since taking over at Real.

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. FFo6c

This is it in action with my best Starting XI.

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. VhmWi

Here are my team instructions for anybody interested.

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. L0M54

Anyway, hope you enjoy. whew

Kuled

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. Empty Re: Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career.

Post by Kuled Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:44 pm

Goodluck!
    Cameron.

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. Empty Re: Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career.

Post by Cameron. Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:54 am

Cheers boss.

-----

My first two games of the season was the Spanish Cup Final (similar to the Community Shield in England) split over two legs. My opponent was Atlético Madrid ensuring that this would be a El Derbi madrileño (Madrid Derby.) The first leg had me getting off to a good start, stifling my opponent's attacking intentions whilst remaining dangerous in front of goal myself. Cristiano Ronaldo went down in the area on the 34th minute mark and the ref blew his whistle indicating a penalty had been given. Angel Di María the club's main penalty taker stepped up and buried it into the bottom right corner sending the keeper the wrong way. This was the start of the meltdown for us. Leading 1-0 at Half-time I thought this would be a routine win for us, holding the opposition at bay before catching them on the counter. How wrong could I be ? Atlético gave us no time to settle and get into the rythm of our usual game, they were at us from the start and the inexperienced Aimé Ouattra (who was making his debut for us) looked very shaky at times. My game plan worked though, as in the 50th minute we had three men attacking Atlético's two. Rondon went down in the area and we had another penalty ! This time though, Angel Di María skied it and three minutes later we were made to pay for that as Aguero tapped home from close range. Another Atlético spell of sominance ended in another goal 7 minutes later when Aguero (who caused havoc all day, picking up the MoTM award at the end.) beat Bale before suppling a beautiful ball to the back stick where Réyes managed to get his head onto it and put Atlético into the lead. AFter that we created very little, restricted only to potshots, the lack of creativity was evident and this lead to the final score remaining at 2-1 Atlético. A disappointing result for us.

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. AXtIZ

The next leg went very differently, playing in front of a sell out crowd at the Bernabeau we were expected to deliver and we did ! A 6-2 drubbing occurred with a first goal for our new buy Rondón ! This meant we won 7-4 on agg and went home as Spanish Cup winners for the third time in a row.

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. HGvid
    Hernandez_14
    Hernandez_14

Formerly known as : Braad
    Supports : Manchester United

Post by Hernandez_14 Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:56 am

Really good and detailed. Good results too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:57 am

Cameron not worthy
    Cameron.

Post by Cameron. Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:01 am

Top Hat

Much appreciated lads.

----

Disclaimer: In the little quote box where I write this, there is verly little room to manouver so there may be a few grammar and spelling mistakes that I have not spotted, so please bare with me.

P.S: There are links on all the names of the players that were involved in transfers, clicking on them will show you how they've done.

My Quarterly-ish Review

Now obviously, as there are not 40 league games in a season I can't effectively split this into four quarters for all the pedants out there Dry Smile So I decided that the best way to provide information would be to do a little review or summary of the season between each quarter of league games played, this will obviously include: Transfers, Champions League, Copa Del Rey etc. I felt that this would be easier than updating every five minutes about how much posession I have acrued each game or how many shots I have had without scoring, this is not me taking a dig at anybody just me stating that I would prefer to do this differently and as I don't mind writing this shouldn't take too long. This is where the serious shit starts:

For me to review my season up till now (Sunday 6th November 2016) efficiently, I want to review each independent variable that I feel has been important, as it is only very early on in the season there are only one or two things that I can review: Transfers and Matches. So I'd like to firstly start off with transfers.

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. U9ByB

Screenshot denoting transfers.

I'll go staright into this without much writing as I know the people on heres attention span isn't particularly great at the best of times, in fact most people have probably stopped reading by now, in which case fuck you shiftyDry Smile. Anyway here goes:

Salomón Rondón is the first to be discussed, brought in for a pretty hefty transfer fee after impressing at Malaga the pressure was on him to come in and score goals, fortunately he did just that. As you can see from clicking his name he has a great return already for someone who is adjusting to a different system and a new style of play. I have been very impressed with the way he has settled into the team and gone about doing his job, the fans are obviously impressed as well as he has become a favourite. There was one point down the line where he went on a little barren run and after he had a chat with me about it, he then proceeded to score a hattrick a week later. 9/10

Next up is Miralem Pjanic, a steal on a free transfer I really didn't expect him to play too much especially having to compete with the excellent Juba who at 21 already has 17 caps for Brazil. Surprisingly he settled in faster than I expected and with a string of highly impressive performances it has become hard for me to even consider dropping him let alone putting it into practice. 8/10

José Carlos is a player with a bright future, competing with various other stars for a place in the first team it was obvious that he would not get many games this season. Luckily for me when he has been given a chance he has shone and for a player so young his passing ability and movement is tremendous, although he is left footed he reminds me of a certain Cesc Fabrégas. Definitely one that will be a regular in a few years time. 7/10

A signing like Aimé Ouattra was not made to particularly improve the first team, more to increase squad depth, as you can see from his game played he has not needed to be called upon that often but I'm sure that with the ability he possess it is only a matter of time before he starts challenging his more experienced peers for a place in the starting line up. 6/10

Lastly is David Sánchez, a player who I bought because I thought the team lacked a bit of flair similar to Angel Di María, this lad is highly rated by the scouts who tip him to become the next Cristiano Ronaldo. From the few games he has played it is easy to see why, his touch is magnificent and his crossing is on a par with the best, having players such as Angel Di Maríá, Alex Chamberlain and Cristiano Ronaldo to compete with means it would always be struggle for this player to fully assert himself into the team within his first season but he has proven that when there is an injury or a player that is out of he form he can be the man I can turn to and depend on. 7/10

Matches

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. OE94j

I'll keep this short and sweet here as there is not too much too talk about. From the table you can see I have made an excellent start to my league campaign. I'm hoping to win the league for the 5th time in a row and so far it really doesn't look like anybody can stop me. I played Barca earlier on the season and beat them 1-0, which has helped me establish the lead I'm currently in.

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. TWj5aHala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. ZcXVh

Those screenshots are easier than me writing it all out and give a good image of who has contributed what to the cause.

On the Champions League front you can see that I'm not doing particularly well there, Leverkusen are leading after absoulutely dicking on me 6-3. Which I found completely unusual as in my 6 1/2 years of managing Real no team has managed to score more than 3 against me in one game.

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. O1I4Q

In the Copa Del Rey, I have only played one game beating Elche 1-0 away from home, with the home leg coming up in a weeks time.

Stats:

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. BGGRmHala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. L3z7c

If I were to give my season so far a rank, it would probably be 9/10 as I've only slipped up twice and look dominant in the league. See you again at 20 Wink

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:05 am

Nice thread, I signed Rondon for Sevilla and he was great. not worthy
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:14 am

I'm going to do your idea once I finish my first season because it is tiring to type a paragraph for every game shifty but now that I started it, i'm going to finish the first year that way shifty
    Cameron.

Post by Cameron. Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:22 am

Cam wrote:Nice thread, I signed Rondon for Sevilla and he was great. not worthy

He's a monster, he'd be a great signing for any club.

Kuled wrote:I'm going to do your idea once I finish my first season because it is tiring to type a paragraph for every game shifty but now that I started it, i'm going to finish the first year that way shifty

DBI shifty

Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:24 am

Yeah, i'm going to that quarterly report. whistle

Come check out my thread. shifty
    Cameron.

Post by Cameron. Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:00 pm

I read all the threads, I just don't comment. I will do from now on Laughing

--

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. 3u5kG

Three Hattricks in a row. This guy's taking the piss.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:10 pm

Nice thread dude. you need to make your defense better somehow. 17 in 17 is not good at all for real madrid.
    Hernandez_14
    Hernandez_14

Formerly known as : Braad
    Supports : Manchester United

Post by Hernandez_14 Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:20 pm

Great thread Cam.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:08 pm

Nice reviews mate. Smile
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Supports : Preston North End F.C.

Post by Ben 10 Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:49 pm

Never knew Rondon turned into such a beast.
    Cameron.

Post by Cameron. Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:33 am

NZG wrote:Nice thread dude. you need to make your defense better somehow. 17 in 17 is not good at all for real madrid.

I know, it's improved now. It didn't help that I shipped 10 goals in 3 matches early on otherwise it would look a lot better.

Braad wrote:Great thread Cam.

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:Nice reviews mate. Smile

Thanks Smile

Ben 10 wrote:Never knew Rondon turned into such a beast.

I know, I really didn't expect him to turn out as good as he has done.
    Cameron.

Post by Cameron. Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:37 am

The Half-Season Review

Now, I know I said I was going to do this as a quarterly report but on further inspection I realised that absolutely fuck all happens between the middle of November and the middle of January in the Spanish League, especially as they have a winter break. So I've decided instead to just have one after the 10th game, one after the 26th game and then another one at the end of the season. This means that I can then cover everything more efficiently.

First off, I'll take a look at the table

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. ZrJ1m

Nothing much has changed since the last update, I'm still pretty comfortable although my first loss came just before I wrote this, a 3-0 defeat to Athlétic Bilbao facepalm I've played Barca again since last time and as you can see from the image below, absolutely decked them Laughing

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. 4AXL1

Rondón destroyed them that game and managed to score within 16 seconds.

Transfers

Since we're talking about him I'll take a further look at his season up until now. In the time since the last review he has asserted himself as not only the best striker at the club but also one of the best players. His goalscoring record is phenomenal for someone who has just come in from a lower level club and he's far exceeded any expectations I had for him when I purchased him. His goals have helped contribute to the comfortable league position we are in now and he's sitting atop the league goalscorers chart with 24 goals and we're only at the start of March.

We also made four other transfers in the summer, Aimé Ouattra is barely worth discussing as he has only played 1 game since my last review although he did manage to grab two assists in that game. José Carlos is again another who has barely played, although I'm not overly bothered by either's lack of participation as I brought them as back up and that's what they've been.

Miralem Pjanic has been almost ever present for us so far this season and has regularly put in impressive performances. There is not much really to say about him since last time as he hasn't really scored many goals or created many assists.

David Sánchez is the last player to get analysed. He again has barely played any games which is due to Angel Di María and Cristiano Ronaldo's impressive form. When he has been given a chance though he has impressed and with Ronaldo not getting any younger I expect him to become a starter in the first team within the next couple of years.

Cup Runs.

Last time I wrote a review, I was sitting 2nd in my Champions League group behind Bayer Leverkusen. Much changed since then, I managed to win my last two games of the group ( a 7-0 away win over Club Brugge and a 3-0 home win vs Bayer) which propelled me to the top of the group hopefully giving me an easier run in the CL. I was drawn against Fiorentina, which considering the other teams that were in the draw, I was particlularly pleased with. To date I've only played the first leg which ended favourably for me. The second leg is in a week's time.

In the other Cup, the Copa Del Rey I have yet again had a stroll in it, reaching the final with consummate ease and setting another record as I progressed.

Fixtures

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. 09tHB
    Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. UTYcq
    Since my last update, you can see we went on a bit of a hot streak in terms of results.

Stats

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. RnqPsHala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. ETLJa
    A comparison of team stats.

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. MsfXp
    An update of the squad.
    ------

Design:

I know there are always people who are interested in what graphics people use, so in case anyone is interested in what I use:

Kits:

http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/51087-ss10-11-kits-download-area-for-fm10-12-only/

Facepacks:

http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/47143-df10-facepack-season-1011/ and http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/49700-aero-style-201011/

Skin:

http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/48970-elegans-2/

Logo's:

http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/49700-aero-style-201011/

Anyway, thanks for reading Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:42 am

Nice. I might look at Rondon for my spurs save. whistle

Keep up the good work Wink
    JORDY_RFC
    JORDY_RFC

Supports : Rangers

Post by JORDY_RFC Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:25 am

what way do you play Rondon m8
    Cameron.

Post by Cameron. Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:56 am

Hala Madrid - A Los Blancos Career. Z7kIl

@Cam, you should do. With the support he'll get I reckon he'd be lethal.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:46 am