Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Zzonked
ResurrectionRooney
Keanoo
Pippo
Cadbury
Hitchy
Marvin
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Uncle John from Jamaica
Carlos Jenkinson
chiboygeorge
Jordi
Cameron.
Mouse
Kuled
Ben
Demba Ba
luke.
Mason
Hernandez_14
24 posters

Next Season Predictions.

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Next Season Predictions. - Page 3 Empty Re: Next Season Predictions.

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:51 am

Zzonked wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:I'll make my prediction when we can see what transfers are made, right now it's basically just a wild guess (not that it isn't a guess anyway).

It's not a wild guess, it's a fairly educated one, most transfers don't have a major impact on the quality of a team relative to it's rivals.

You're making a guess without all (even most) the information. What if City sell Tevez and don't replace him well? Considering how many goals he scored it could have a big impact. Just an example, it's early days yet, big names could come and go.

You're always doing that when you're making a prediction though, a League is an incredibly complex thing, 380 unpredictable events with 3 possible outcomes. As for losing Tevez, in 2009 Man Utd lost Tevez and didn't replace him well at all, it hardly made a difference, we were 2 points from retaining the title despite also losing Ronaldo. He wasn't a major loss to us, he probably wouldn't be for you.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:53 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:I'll make my prediction when we can see what transfers are made, right now it's basically just a wild guess (not that it isn't a guess anyway).

It's not a wild guess, it's a fairly educated one, most transfers don't have a major impact on the quality of a team relative to it's rivals.

You're making a guess without all (even most) the information. What if City sell Tevez and don't replace him well? Considering how many goals he scored it could have a big impact. Just an example, it's early days yet, big names could come and go.

You're always doing that when you're making a prediction though, a League is an incredibly complex thing, 380 unpredictable events with 3 possible outcomes. As for losing Tevez, in 2009 Man Utd lost Tevez and didn't replace him well at all, it hardly made a difference, we were 2 points from retaining the title despite also losing Ronaldo. He wasn't a major loss to us, he probably wouldn't be for you.

I guess you're right. Want to make next years predictions now, too? Nothing makes a difference to anything, it's random so it shouldn't matter that it's a year in advance.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:15 am

Scott wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    Scott wrote:

Well, if we held your world class side to a draw with a largely youth/reserve team, then why not?

Biggest achievement of your season right there

Not just that, but the form guide since Kenny took over placed Liverpool above Arsenal.

I'm so jealous that a team with no pressure did better than the worlds biggest bottlers, you should get the chart and display it as evidence Liverpool will do better. Might want to get a few pics of Pedro Leon and Mata in the hope they take a step down for you

Lol at you trying to convince yourself that it was down to pressure.

You don't think Kenny was under pressure to get Liverpool to perform? We were chasing a Europa Spot as well. Don't kid yourself.

Pressure, what pressure? You mean the europa league that you didn't care about when you got kicked out?

Oh that one
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:21 am

Instead of making clever dick head comments, why don't you try to understand the point I'm making.

When you're predicting events you are inherently making a guess without most of the information, in this case you don't know any of the 380 results which will make up the final outcome of the Premier League table. We already know there 380 variables (and in reality there are an awful lot more), the transfer dealings are just more unknown variables which you will factor into your prediction.

Further, even if you do wait for the transfers to be made, it is very easy to overestimate their impact. Everton sold their best player in 2004 and had their best season for 15 years, Arsenal sold arguably their best ever player in 2007 and had an excellent season, challenging on all fronts, Chelsea brought in Ballack and Shevchenko in 2006 after dominating the Premier League and lost it.

Once you know which players are going to be brought in, all you're doing is replacing the one set of variables (ie. who stays, who goes) with another set - how well will the club adapt, how well will the player adapt, what system will they play. You're still without massive amounts of information.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:23 am

Top 8..

Liverpool
    City
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    United
    Spurs
    Villa
    Everton

Serious.

want to see if anyone gets annoyed
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:25 am

kyro7 wrote:Top 8..

Liverpool
    City
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    United
    Spurs
    Villa
    Everton

Serious.

Fuck off trolling, we all know Liverpool won't make the top 8.

Lies
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:25 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Instead of making clever dick head comments, why don't you try to understand the point I'm making.

When you're predicting events you are inherently making a guess without most of the information, in this case you don't know any of the 380 results which will make up the final outcome of the Premier League table. We already know there 380 variables (and in reality there are an awful lot more), the transfer dealings are just more unknown variables which you will factor into your prediction.

Further, even if you do wait for the transfers to be made, it is very easy to overestimate their impact. Everton sold their best player in 2004 and had their best season for 15 years, Arsenal sold arguably their best ever player in 2007 and had an excellent season, challenging on all fronts, Chelsea brought in Ballack and Shevchenko in 2006 after dominating the Premier League and lost it.

Once you know which players are going to be brought in, all you're doing is replacing the one set of variables (ie. who stays, who goes) with another set - how well will the club adapt, how well will the player adapt, what system will they play. You're still without massive amounts of information.

So basically, nothing matters ever except when it does?

I think I got it.

Next years predictions then?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:28 am

Liverpool
    City
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    United
    Spurs
    Villa
    Everton

Serious.

If that happens I'll eat a plate of my own shit and post it on The Playmaker.

Zzonked wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Instead of making clever dick head comments, why don't you try to understand the point I'm making.

So basically, nothing matters ever except when it does?

I think I got it.

Next years predictions then?

Man Utd
    Man City
    Chelsea

Wigan
    Leicester
    Birmingham

Not sure what the point of that was, the further away from the event the less likely the predictions are to be accurate.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:31 am

Okay then, for real though:

Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Arsenal

Not sure what order.

lolz
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:32 am

kyro7 wrote:Okay then, for real though:

Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Arsenal

Not sure what order.

lolz

*Forgets seeing the LOLS* The negative Kyro is back cheers

shifty
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:34 am

Liverpool
    City
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    United
    Spurs
    Villa
    Everton

Serious.

Awesome Face
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:34 am

Kuled you're such a Maltese prick.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:35 am

Next Season Predictions. - Page 3 37257
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Post by LFC_Grunners Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:36 am

1 - Man U
    2 - Chelsea
    3 - Man C
    4 - Liverpool
    5 - Arsenal
    6 - Spurs
    7 - Everton
    8 - Villa
    9 - Newcastle
    10 - QPR
    11 - Fulham
    12 - Sunderland
    13 - Blackburn
    14 - Bolton
    15 - Stoke
    16 - WBA
    17 - Wolves
    18 - Wigan
    19 - Norwich
    20 - Swansea

Cool
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:38 am

Didn't do who'd get relegated -_-
    Wolves
    Blackburn
    Villa (laugh)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:14 am

Fonseca wrote:Liverpool... the team that were interested in Gago and Adam are kicking Arsenal out of the top 4? a lot of jokers here
    Why have you got a picture of the Great John Barnes in your avatar?
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:29 pm

not enough transfers yet to predict anything imo
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:38 pm

I know less than most of you about the EPL so I wont even bother, but even as dirty Arry himself said, if Spurs lose Modric theyll drop to 6-10 place.

Also, Arsenal will be in trouble if they lose Fabregas and/or Nasri. Theyd both need immediate replacing and that would be a very tall order.

I think with Kenny we'll get top 4.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:47 pm

LFC_Grunners wrote:1 - Man U
    2 - Chelsea
    3 - Man C
    4 - Liverpool
    5 - Arsenal
    6 - Spurs
    7 - Everton
    8 - Villa
    9 - Newcastle
    10 - QPR
    11 - Fulham
    12 - Sunderland
    13 - Blackburn
    14 - Bolton
    15 - Stoke
    16 - WBA
    17 - Wolves
    18 - Wigan
    19 - Norwich
    20 - Swansea

Cool

would be very interesting to see QPR finishing that high, don't see it myself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:25 pm