Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Ben
dena
CollieBuddz
Jord
Jamie
Kuled
luke.
ResurrectionRooney
12 posters

Mourinho's Predictions from the start of the season

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Mourinho's Predictions from the start of the season Empty Mourinho's Predictions from the start of the season

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:31 am

All of the following quotes were made in August of last year, all came true.

Mourinho on Liverpool

"Gerrard for me is not in the right club. They have problems. They will not win anything. I do not know why Gerrard has stayed so long at Liverpool. He is very loyal. I watched him against Hungary. The best player on the pitch. I like him a lot. A leader. I admire him."

“It is very difficult work for Roy to do it with Liverpool as, over the last years, they have been getting worse, worse and worse.
    “The Liverpool of 2004 was better than the Liverpool of 2005, 2005 was better than 2006 and 2006 better than 2007. And they arrive at a situation now where, but for Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard, Pepe Reina, Fernando Torres, if his head is there, it is very difficult for Roy to make Liverpool champions.

“He needs time and it’s not easy because I don’t think they went in the right direction.”

Mourinho on United

"They play the English way, hard and physical. Europe is different. Tactics, strategy, the players you have, the players you pick, it is very different to domestic club football. Manchester is a club who are proud and perhaps look at winning the League title as more important than anything else."

Mourinho on Arsenal

“I don’t think Arsenal can win. Year after year it looks like they will but no. It’s always the same type of comment, ‘It’s a young team, it will be next season’.

“I remember we played them in a Carling Cup final [in 2007] with a team of young boys, but they are no longer a team of young boys. They are now a team of 25, 26, 27-year-olds.

“Cesc Fabregas, Theo Walcott, Gael Clichy, Alex Song, Bacary Sagna – they’re not a team of kids any more, they’re of an age to win things, but I don’t think they will do it.

Mourinho on the Top 3

“I believe Chelsea and Manchester United can win the title and, of course, Manchester City because they have a great squad. That’s it.”

Mourinho on Benitez's chances at Inter

“Inter is a dream job because he has three trophies (to defend). I don’t have that at Madrid. He is lucky, but I wish him well.

“One thing is certain, Benítez won’t do better than me at Inter. Another thing is also true that, should he lift the Intercontinental Cup, he will have only won two games compared to my 13. Therefore it will be my trophy and not his.”
    luke.
    luke.

Mourinho's Predictions from the start of the season Empty Re: Mourinho's Predictions from the start of the season

Post by luke. Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:33 am

Got everything spot on then.
    Kuled

Mourinho's Predictions from the start of the season Empty Re: Mourinho's Predictions from the start of the season

Post by Kuled Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:34 am

Mourinho not worthy
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:35 am

Mystic Meg right there. Incredible.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:37 am

Wonder what he thinks of Liverpool's chances next year think
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:39 am

He should do it again.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:41 am

Only the City one is impressive, although some people had them down for the league.

A trained monkey could have predicted the rest.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:43 am

The same as every year, a Messianic figure is chosen to propel Liverpool to the title, expectations heighten through the summer, Liverpool fans realise they have the best players in every position, the best Goalkeeper, the best defence, the best midfield in the wooooorlllld, the best attack and the best manager, this builds up to a crescendo and then dies down once the football starts.

2001 it was Michael Owen
    2002 it was Gerard Houllier
    2003 it was Steven Gerrard
    2004 it was Rafael Benitez
    2005 it was Rafael Benitez
    2006 it was Rafael Benitez
    2007 it was Fernando Torres
    2008 it was Fernando Torres
    2009 it was Rafael Benitez & Alberto Aquilani
    2010 it was Roy Hodgson and Joe 'Messi' Cole
    2011 it will be Kenny Dalglish, Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez

You don't need to wait for Mourinho, that's what's going to happen.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:44 am

I could have predicted that.

Next year, Man Utd will win the league and pip Man City to the title. Chelsea will finish in a close 3rd. Liverpool will re-enter the Top 4 under Dalglish and an improved squad. Arsenal will finish outside of the Top 4 for the first time under Wenger after his refusal to buy players. Tottenham will fight it out with Everton for 6th place but will beat them to it after Evertons slow start to the season.

In Spain, Barca will win with Real Madrid coming 2nd. 3rd place will be either Valencia, Villareal, Sevilla or Atletico Madrid, and they will be about 20 points off Real Madrid in 2nd.

In Italy, Inter and AC will battle for the title with no other competition.

Celtic or Rangers will win the SPL without a shadow of a doubt.

European glory may return to England this time around, Chelsea could finally win Europe's major prize, and expect to see Man City compete.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:46 am

Forest wrote:I could have predicted that.

Next year, Man Utd will win the league and pip Man City to the title. Chelsea will finish in a close 3rd. Liverpool will re-enter the Top 4 under Dalglish and an improved squad. Arsenal will finish outside of the Top 4 for the first time under Wenger after his refusal to buy players. Tottenham will fight it out with Everton for 6th place but will beat them to it after Evertons slow start to the season.

In Spain, Barca will win with Real Madrid coming 2nd. 3rd place will be either Valencia, Villareal, Sevilla or Atletico Madrid, and they will be about 20 points off Real Madrid in 2nd.

European glory may return to England this time around, Chelsea could finally win Europe's major prize, and expect to see Man City compete.
    Quoted for destiny.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:48 am

Football is an easy game to predict, thought Rafa would do better at Inter but besides that I think me and Mou have made the same predictions. Neutral
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:32 am

Pretty much what I'd guess. Inter to win Serie A, Villareal to finish 3rd and Rangers to win the title, just to be a little more decisive.

Barca will win the Champions League again and both Man City and Porto will be semi-finalists.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:07 am

Everything sounded good until the last sentence.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:09 am

Hope Man City go out in the group stage after 2 smashings from Barcelona. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:21 am

Danny wrote:Hope Man City go out in the group stage after 2 smashings from Barcelona. Neutral

ManCity will win; therefore, ManCity > ManUtd

shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:32 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:The same as every year, a Messianic figure is chosen to propel Liverpool to the title, expectations heighten through the summer, Liverpool fans realise they have the best players in every position, the best Goalkeeper, the best defence, the best midfield in the wooooorlllld, the best attack and the best manager, this builds up to a crescendo and then dies down once the football starts.

2001 it was Michael Owen
    2002 it was Gerard Houllier
    2003 it was Steven Gerrard
    2004 it was Rafael Benitez
    2005 it was Rafael Benitez
    2006 it was Rafael Benitez
    2007 it was Fernando Torres
    2008 it was Fernando Torres
    2009 it was Rafael Benitez & Alberto Aquilani
    2010 it was Roy Hodgson and Joe 'Messi' Cole
    2011 it will be Kenny Dalglish, Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez

You don't need to wait for Mourinho, that's what's going to happen.
    Very true.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:19 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    Danny wrote:Hope Man City go out in the group stage after 2 smashings from Barcelona. Neutral

ManCity will win; therefore, ManCity > ManUtd

shifty
    Wayne Rooney > Man City.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:14 am

Well done Jose. You truly are a genius. Mourinho's Predictions from the start of the season 207657
    Stiofán-Celtic Warrior
    Stiofán-Celtic Warrior

Post by Stiofán-Celtic Warrior Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:24 am

I think the stability in the premier league positions are now a distant memory and expect more surprises next season!
    Carling Cup-Birmingham City
    Premier league-United
    FA-Cup-Man City.......2011 Don't think anyone expected that outcome!......................What will happen in 2012?
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:08 am

Stiofán-Celtic Warrior wrote:I think the stability in the premier league positions are now a distant memory and expect more surprises next season!
    Carling Cup-Birmingham City
    Premier league-United
    FA-Cup-Man City.......2011 Don't think anyone expected that outcome!......................What will happen in 2012?
    You joined. Very Happy
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:42 pm

“It will be between the red and the blue,” he said. “I left in 2007
    and it was the same old story. Manchester City have started by winning a
    cup which is a step.
    “Tottenham have done well, have a great
    manager but financially they will miss the last push. Liverpool have a
    fantastic coach and they will improve and Arsenal will be there but
    won’t arrive.”

New predictions.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:48 pm

Be there but won't arrive... think

Sounds promising.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:51 pm