Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Danny
Weather130
Dean
Steadman
Sheppy
Jaetinh
CoVkId01
Carlos Jenkinson
easley91
Hernandez_14
Drake
Sean
luke.
Kuled
ShakerMatty
Potato-7
Jordi
21 posters

Wembley set to host 2013 CL final

Anonymous

Wembley set to host 2013 CL final - Page 2 Empty Re: Wembley set to host 2013 CL final

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:20 pm

Two finals in three years? That's a bit unfair. This isn't Africa. There are plenty of suitable hosts for a CL final.
    Dean
    Dean

Wembley set to host 2013 CL final - Page 2 Empty Re: Wembley set to host 2013 CL final

Post by Dean Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:25 pm

£€$
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:34 pm

This actually is nothing new and really is not that strange if you look at all the various final venues. Ernst Happel Stadium in Vienna held the final in 1987 and then again had the final in 1990.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:35 pm

Wembley appeared to hold Finals loads of times in the past like the 60s tbh- or it's always felt like that to me. Never actually done any research on that. Neutral
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:12 pm

OMG I hate steps
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:15 pm

Sean wrote:Stupid, shouldnt be the same place twice in 3 years

agreed, it should be in the USA Wink

seriously though a change of scenery would be nice all kidding aside.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:30 pm

I find going to the same place every now and again is ok. How many new stadiums are being built that are of proper quality to host the Champions League final?
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:41 pm

Weather130 wrote:I find going to the same place every now and again is ok. How many new stadiums are being built that are of proper quality to host the Champions League final?

that one that west ham stole from us and all the fuss was about. Probably won't be done by then though, would be cool to see it in a brand new stadium though.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:42 pm

fluffy_kittens wrote:
    Weather130 wrote:I find going to the same place every now and again is ok. How many new stadiums are being built that are of proper quality to host the Champions League final?

that one that west ham stole from us and all the fuss was about. Probably won't be done by then though, would be cool to see it in a brand new stadium though.
    I thought Spurs didn't want it?
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:36 pm

SBSP wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:

I didn't want it and yeah we kinda backed out of negotiations because it became apparent we wouldn't be able to demolish the running trackk, West Ham said they would keep the running track so they were awarded the stadium basically. A new stadium would've been nice but WHL is too nostalgic to move away from.

The point is there are plenty of other suitable stadiums even in england, just move the CL final to Old Trafford or Elland Road or something for a change of scenery.
    Potato-7
    Potato-7

Supports : Olympiakos

Post by Potato-7 Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:19 pm

fluffy_kittens wrote:
    SBSP wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:

I didn't want it and yeah we kinda backed out of negotiations because it became apparent we wouldn't be able to demolish the running trackk, West Ham said they would keep the running track so they were awarded the stadium basically. A new stadium would've been nice but WHL is too nostalgic to move away from.

The point is there are plenty of other suitable stadiums even in england, just move the CL final to Old Trafford or Elland Road or something for a change of scenery.
    Elland road is way too small for CL final,I think the Emirates would be a good option.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:27 pm

We hosted a great final....but the only reason UEFA brought it back was because a final at Wembley generates a load more money for their pockets than any other place.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:35 pm

Potato-7 wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:
    SBSP wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:

Elland road is way too small for CL final,I think the Emirates would be a good option.

I agree forgot about Emirates, in stadium years Emirates is virtually brand new

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:28 am