Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
jeb4eva
Pimp
Roloman4
SBSP
Marvin
Demoz
Mason
Danny
Jordi
Ben
menalawyerguy
15 posters

Greatest Tennis Player of All Time

Poll

Who is the best ever?

[ 0 ]
    Greatest Tennis Player of All Time - Page 2 Bar_left0%Greatest Tennis Player of All Time - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Greatest Tennis Player of All Time - Page 2 Bar_left0%Greatest Tennis Player of All Time - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Greatest Tennis Player of All Time - Page 2 Bar_left4%Greatest Tennis Player of All Time - Page 2 Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Greatest Tennis Player of All Time - Page 2 Bar_left4%Greatest Tennis Player of All Time - Page 2 Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 17 ]
    Greatest Tennis Player of All Time - Page 2 Bar_left71%Greatest Tennis Player of All Time - Page 2 Bar_right [71%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Greatest Tennis Player of All Time - Page 2 Bar_left13%Greatest Tennis Player of All Time - Page 2 Bar_right [13%] 

Total Votes: 24
    Anonymous

Greatest Tennis Player of All Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest Tennis Player of All Time

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:43 am

Me? Neutral
    Dean
    Dean

Greatest Tennis Player of All Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest Tennis Player of All Time

Post by Dean Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:56 pm

I honestly believe Nadal will be by the end of his career. Which is why I've voted him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:05 am

Nah. Federer a few years back was miles better.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:21 am

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:Nah. Federer a few years back was miles better.

Than what Nadal will be? How do you know?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:23 am

Ben wrote:
    Jelavic18|RFC wrote:Nah. Federer a few years back was miles better.

Than what Nadal will be? How do you know?

I mean Nadal now.

Fed used to be a lot better. His form has dipped recently though. Cry
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:44 am

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:Fed used to be a lot better. His form has dipped recently though. Cry

He just made the French Open final, he won the World Tour Finals at the end of last year. If anything, recently he's been getting better than he was this time last year.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:01 pm

federer in 'poor form' is still better then everyone else in entire world except 1 guy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:28 pm

mauro=beast wrote:federer in 'poor form' is still better then everyone else in entire world except 1 guy

Please don't say Nadal ...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:08 pm

Federer, 16 grand slams is surreal, and at his best the guy was amazing.

One thing I would put out there though is that Federer came into Tennis at a perfect time where he could just dominate, his challengers weren't anything like today, Nadal came into it and had to play 2 wimbledon finals v the great that was Roger, and lost twice.. I can bet you anything if Nadal came into Tennis at the same time as Federer he'd have won more grand slams, he would have been able to dominate Wimbledon and Roland Garros easily.

I think Nadal can end his career with more grand slams than Federer providing Roger doesn't carry on winning them as easily.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:16 pm

I actually think that Nadal being five years younger than Federer was to Nadal's advantage, just like McEnroe had a similar advantage against Connors and Borg. Nadal (like McEnroe) started coming into his prime as Federer was entering the twilight of his prime (like Borg and Connors, although Connors had a bit of a resurgence in the mid 80s). I believe that if they were the same age, they would have beaten the snot out of each other. I think the head to head would be more even than it is now.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:33 pm

Wait no, I mean like.. if Nadal came into it when Federer did without Federer there, basically if Nadal was in Federer's position at the time, less competition around.

If they both came in at the same time it would have been unreal.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:57 am

Ah ok. I see what you mean. Hard to disagree there
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:17 am

Federer, not just for his accolades but for his style. It's poetry in motion IMO.

I think Nadal will also make a claim for that title in the future depending on what he does from now on, he's 5 years younger than Federer and already has 10 slams.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:04 am

As much as I don't like him, Roger Federer. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nadal or even Djokovic take that title from him in the future though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:25 pm