Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
CameronLFC1
Uncle John from Jamaica
Sam
Walcott
chemicalrubber
El Jefe
Jordi
Kuled
Ben
Mouse
bcfcben
15 posters

If You Could Be Your Teams Manager

bcfcben

Supports : Birmingham City

If You Could Be Your Teams Manager Empty If You Could Be Your Teams Manager

Post by bcfcben Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:05 pm

Anyone else fed up with their managers shit tactics (4-5-1) and player selections (Bowyer)?
    Here you can choose what line up you would play in for your teams next game, obviously taking into consideration injuries & suspensions. I know it's kind of a pointless thread as it wont effect the teams real life score etc but it would be good to see peoples opinions on their teams selection.

Our next game is against Arsenal away (which unfortunately im going to). McLeish will no doubt pick this team.
    Foster
    Carr--Johnson--Dann--Ridgewell
    Larsson--Ferguson--Bowyer--Fahey
    Hleb
    Jerome

Yes it's against Arsenal and we will lose but this team cant create a thing, especially with McLeishs bum boys Bowyer and Fahey starting. I would play this and at least have a bit more attacking threat.

Foster
    Carr--Johnson--Dann--Ridgewell
    Ferguson
    Larsson-----------------Beausejour
    Hleb
    Jerome--Derbyshire
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

If You Could Be Your Teams Manager Empty Re: If You Could Be Your Teams Manager

Post by Mouse Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:07 pm

I'd Sack Rafa!
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:14 pm

I'd at least give Nunez a run out, that's for sure.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:15 pm

-------------Duke
    Mcshane-Ayala-Gerrard-Kilbane
    -----------Cairney
    ------Bullard-----Bostock
    -----------Koren
    --------Vine----Simpson

Basically, no holding midfielder EVER. We have a good first 11 so no need for one. Also this season we've been keeping the ball on the deck and the width is made by full backs. It would work if we had attacking full backs which is why I stuck Kilbane in cos hes much better going forwards than Dawson. I put Bostock in for Garcia cos Bostock can create. Also move Bullard further up the pitch, play Cairney in the back 4 and he can distribute the ball to the full backs/Bullard/Bostock.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:16 pm

BenSmith wrote:I'd at least give Nunez a run out, that's for sure.

As in Antonio Nunez Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:25 pm

At the moment:

-----------------Reina

Kelly----Soto----Agger----Rafa Benitez(Aurelio when fit)

--------Lucas--Gerrard--Merieles

Maxi-------------Torres-----------Pacheco
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:31 pm

Aaron wrote:At the moment:

-----------------Reina

Kelly----Soto----Agger----Rafa Benitez(Aurelio when fit)

--------Lucas--Gerrard--Merieles

Maxi-------------Torres-----------Pacheco
    Suspect
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:33 pm

I think the OP needs to appreciate his manager more. He's turned you into a top half/ mid table Premier League side within 1 season and signed players that wouldn't even think about joining the club 1 year ago.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:40 pm

I love our manager, but i'd do these things:

Sell Pulis
    Play Bialkowski more
    Give Wotton a run out
    Stop lumping it up to Lambert
    And Give Mills a few games too.

----------------Davis

Butters----Fonte----Martin----Harding

-------Spider--Hammond--Chaplow

Lallana-------------Lambert-----------Puncheon

That would be my lineup, good attacking team I have there shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:54 pm

I'd tell the press about our formidable challenges we've had recently against Northampton, but also remind them about our famous victories against Trabzonspor and great draws against Urecht.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:01 pm

Dan wrote:I'd tell the press about our formidable challenges we've had recently against Northampton, but also remind them about our famous victories against Trabzonspor and great draws against Urecht.
    I think you would be the kind of manager that would bring a real feel-good factor to your club.

Last edited by Jay.Davies11 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    chemicalrubber
    chemicalrubber

Supports : Arsenal

Post by chemicalrubber Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:06 pm

Sell Almunia.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:15 pm

Jay.Davies11 wrote:
    Dan wrote:I'd tell the press about our formidable challenges we've had recently against Northampton, but also remind them about our famous victories against Trabzonspor and great draws against Urecht.
    I think you would be the kind of manager that would bring a real feel-good factor the your club.

Laughing
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:37 am

James is the Vine upfront for you Rowan? If so how is he doing for you guys, he only ever got one goal for us.

ForestFCFan i see where you're coming from with him getting us 9th last season but we were lucky, yes we played well between October to January however if it werent for our defence last season we would have been relegated. We cant create chances because he accomodates his favourite players despite having the likes of Derbyshire, Beausejour, Zigic etc on the bench.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:40 am

bcfcben wrote:James is the Vine upfront for you Rowan? If so how is he doing for you guys, he only ever got one goal for us.

ForestFCFan i see where you're coming from with him getting us 9th last season but we were lucky, yes we played well between October to January however if it werent for our defence last season we would have been relegated. We cant create chances because he accomodates his favourite players despite having the likes of Derbyshire, Beausejour, Zigic etc on the bench.

He made his debut yesterday, on loan from QPR. He had a decent game yesterday... didn't get much service but is definately the type of striker we need. Works hard and gets stuck in.
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:05 am

Fair enough, for some reason he was never really given a chance with us. I think we only signed him to prevent, our then Championship title rivals, Albion from getting him meaning he spent most of his time coming on as a sub.
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:29 am

Sz
    Sagna Vermaelen Sq Clichy
    Song
    Fabregas Wilshere
    Walcott V.Persie Arshavin

Mannone, Koscielny, Gibbs, Diaby, Ramsey, Nasri, Chamakh.

Then because of injuries, players who havn't been mentioned, will be able to fill in: McDermott, Djourou, Eboue, Nordtveit, Denilson, Rosicky, Bendtner, Vela etc.
    Sam
    Sam

Post by Sam Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:23 am

I would sell Diaby. Pretty much sorted for the treble then.
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:26 am

Liebherr wrote:I love our manager, but i'd do these things:

Sell Pulis
    Play Bialkowski more
    Give Wotton a run out
    Stop lumping it up to Lambert
    And Give Mills a few games too.

----------------Davis

Butters----Fonte----Martin----Harding

-------Spider--Hammond--Chaplow

Lallana-------------Lambert-----------Puncheon

That would be my lineup, good attacking team I have there If You Could Be Your Teams Manager 279869

I like the way Jaidi isnt in your team Laughing alls he is good at is going up for corners
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:41 am

Punch Purslow in the fucking balls. Repeatedly. Then appoint Rafa Benitez as manager and resign myself.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:46 am

Do the right thing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:48 am

Aaron wrote:Do the right thing.

Give the players a hug and massage their ego's?
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:38 am

And get rid of Collins. Come back Paddy Kisnorbo! :!
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:29 am

yarnbury11 wrote:
    And get rid of Collins. Come back Paddy Kisnorbo! :!

And Naylor! Gutted that Bruce is suspended, means Collins and Naylor partnership again, yippee Neutral

Wish he'd loan a couple of defenders in.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:36 am

Naylor isn't that bad technically, he's just a bit slow and un-aware of the stuff thats going on around him. Probably cause he's getting a bit old, he won't be much use after this season and if we're gonna push for promotion it's people like him who need replacing with good quality players who are proven at ths level. No more gambles on people like Nunez! (even though he might turn out ok, he could also be total gash)
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:42 am

yarnbury11 wrote:Naylor isn't that bad technically, he's just a bit slow and un-aware of the stuff thats going on around him. Probably cause he's getting a bit old, he won't be much use after this season and if we're gonna push for promotion it's people like him who need replacing with good quality players who are proven at ths level. No more gambles on people like Nunez! (even though he might turn out ok, he could also be total gash)

Yeah exactly, all our defenders are sluggish and we need someone with at least a bit of pace in there. I don't really know what I'd do for the next game, our results have been so weird recently.

I want to see what this Nunez is like, must be decent if he started in the World Cup. Probably lacks the physique though.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:03 am

I'd give my pal Aidan White a run out. He's quick and energetic which is just what we need, we can get experienced players in other positions.
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:08 am

Do you actually know him? shifty But yeah, I would too, he can play anywhere down the left side and has bags of pace.

Oh also, found out coolhead lives in MK earlier.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:11 am

Drop O'Shea for Rafael
    Not play Anderson on left
    Play Obertan more
    Give Eikrem a chance.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:13 am

BenSmith wrote:Do you actually know him? If You Could Be Your Teams Manager 279869 But yeah, I would too, he can play anywhere down the left side and has bags of pace.

Oh also, found out coolhead lives in MK earlier.
    Yeah, been out with him a few times, first name terms and all that Wink before he signed for Leeds he played footbal for his school and he never used to try at all, then when he did he would skin the whole team and score with ease.

Ah, how did you discover that?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:33 am