Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

SV Austria Salzburg & Red Bull Salzburg

Anonymous

SV Austria Salzburg & Red Bull Salzburg  Empty SV Austria Salzburg & Red Bull Salzburg

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:28 pm

What a great story. It was maddening to hear that big wig talk about discarding a club's history like that. Red Bull are a disgrace. Looking at the other Red Bull teams, I'm guessing this wasn't an issue with the NY Red Bulls because of their short history as the NY Metrostars and the nature of American Sports. Red Bull Brazil are precisely a new team created from scratch by the company purely to make a profit. They don't even have a 1st team, only a couple of youth teams.

Then the most current - maybe 2 years ago - is Red Bull Leipzig. I would like to know a bit more of how that went down.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

SV Austria Salzburg & Red Bull Salzburg  Empty Re: SV Austria Salzburg & Red Bull Salzburg

Post by Scuba Steve Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:34 pm

The fans in New York were more than happy to take them money.
    Anonymous

SV Austria Salzburg & Red Bull Salzburg  Empty Re: SV Austria Salzburg & Red Bull Salzburg

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:51 pm

Well for starters, Leipzig is different from Salzburg(and all the other franchises) in the way that German rules state that the club must own 51% of it's shares.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:54 pm

Right, so probably not then. I do remember that being mentioned when I read something on them a while ago.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:56 pm

That is why they are known as RasenBallsport Leipzig. Easy way to make it RB Leipzig (with almost the same logo).
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:57 pm

Actually their wiki page was quite informative regarding Leipzig.

Anyway... Red Bull should invest in a Polish club. I am thinking Bydgoszcz, big city of about 500k, middle of Poland, and Zawisza doesn't exactly have much notable history and are struggling in the lower divisions. What a Face
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:35 pm

500k isn't that big think
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:34 pm

500k is a big city. Neutral

Maybe it's small for you Londoners. Razz
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:35 am

Can't wait for Red Bull Manchester, we takin' over the world ya'll.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:36 am

Scuba Steve wrote:The fans in New York were more than happy to take them money.

Don't make me cut you.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:36 am

polska. wrote:500k is a big city. Neutral

Maybe it's small for you Londoners. Razz

Well the metropolitan area of Belfast populates about 640k, and the urban area about 480k, and Belfast is pretty small.. sooooooo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:35 pm