Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Marvin
luke.
Kuled
Demba Ba
8 posters

Who will be the next Chelsea manager?

Poll

Next Chelsea manager

[ 10 ]
    Who will be the next Chelsea manager? Bar_left71%Who will be the next Chelsea manager? Bar_right [71%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Who will be the next Chelsea manager? Bar_left0%Who will be the next Chelsea manager? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Who will be the next Chelsea manager? Bar_left0%Who will be the next Chelsea manager? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 3 ]
    Who will be the next Chelsea manager? Bar_left21%Who will be the next Chelsea manager? Bar_right [21%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Who will be the next Chelsea manager? Bar_left7%Who will be the next Chelsea manager? Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 14
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Who will be the next Chelsea manager? Empty Who will be the next Chelsea manager?

Post by Demba Ba Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:13 pm

Several men have been linked with the Chelsea job.

Who do you think will get it?
    Kuled

Who will be the next Chelsea manager? Empty Re: Who will be the next Chelsea manager?

Post by Kuled Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:14 pm

Hughes pray
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Who will be the next Chelsea manager? Empty Re: Who will be the next Chelsea manager?

Post by Demba Ba Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:16 pm

Kuled wrote:Hughes Who will be the next Chelsea manager? 9905
    Do you think Abramovic will go for him?

I would have expected him to go after a more established manager, who has already managed some top sides.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:16 pm

Guus. Fucking. Hiddink.

Deal is sealed.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:17 pm

luke. wrote:Guus. Fucking. Hiddink.

Deal is sealed.
    That interview after the Turkey game gave a bit of a hint.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:18 pm

Zola.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:18 pm

Mark Hughes.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:18 pm

Hughes.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:23 pm

Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:25 pm

If Guus want to be Director then I reckon we will get Van Basten in.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:25 pm

Hiddink, and here's why.

"I feel energetic, so a club role is more preferable. And that's what I like, working every day. I feel I need to do more, I've trained Australia and PSV at the same time, as well as Russia and Chelsea, and I was very happy. We'll see what happens with Turkey."

“I don’t want to be called an official adviser by either Ajax or PSV. That role is working very well for me with Chelsea. I have been advising the club since I left Stamford Bridge. I advise them on an occasional basis. They use me as a sounding board.

I can combine that role perfectly with the Turkey job. There is no conflict of interest.”

“If there was a concrete offer, then I would think about it. There’s nothing concrete. You cannot go into all kind of speculation or rumours because there’s nothing concrete. The moment things are concrete, I’ll go to where I have to be, direct. I have a good relationship with the president. We talk every week about the future of ‘everything’. But, when things aren’t concrete, why should I go into speculation?

When you’re working at a club with a lot of joy, then all of a sudden you say it might be good to be a national team manager because there you’ll be more flexible and you’ll have fewer games. But, when you’ve been working a long time with a national team and still have that energy — like, with this team, I’d like to work every day because I’d have more impact on them and their execution of games — then you like to work every day. I like to work every day. So, we’ll wait."

I have in my career very few games. I want to do more with the players on a daily basis but that is impossible because I am national team manager. But I am not going into the speculation as I have to prepare the team and to make sure that no one can blame me afterwards saying I was concentrating on other things.

'I never told anybody that I was going to continue working with Turkey.

'I feel I need to do more, so a club role is more preferable than coaching a national team.

'I haven't told the president of the Turkish FA. But he is an intelligent man and I'm sure he follows the world's media. There is no official offer yet, so I cannot guarantee anything.'

"I hope you understand that this is difficult and I need people to respect that," he said. "I am going on holiday now and I have a plane to catch.

"My time at Chelsea was a beautiful time. Everybody knows that," he said.

"It’s not useful to talk about my future, because this team are in transition. My future is more in the past.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wants to be more involved with the team, prefers clubs role, plane to catch, never said he was going to continue with Turkey, wants to work every day, and he's already Chelsea's advisor, so making him Director of Football wouldn't make his role with Chelsea already any different. His future, is more in the past, that is the selling point right there.

Last edited by luke. on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mason
    Mason

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:25 pm

Hiddink.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:25 pm

TheMooseHunter wrote:If Guus want to be Director then I reckon we will get Van Basten in.
    I'll add Van Basten as an option.
    Keanoo
    Keanoo

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Keanoo Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:28 pm

Hiddink
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:28 pm

Since I'm new I'm not sure how to add another option. Laughing
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:29 pm

Click 'Edit' and there should be an option to add another choice.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:31 pm

luke. wrote:Click 'Edit' and there should be an option to add another choice.
    It lets me edit the original OP but doesn't let me edit the poll.

Doesn't matter as Van Basten is a long shot anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:27 pm