Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Jack Wilshere may not be fit for the start of next season.

Anonymous

Jack Wilshere may not be fit for the start of next season.  Empty Jack Wilshere may not be fit for the start of next season.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:56 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says midfielder Jack Wilshere may not be fit for the start of the 2012-13 season.

The 20-year-old has not played competitively for the Gunners since facing Fulham in May 2011.

Wilshere has already been ruled out of Euro 2012, but Stuart Pearce is keen to include him in Team GB's Olympics team.

However, Wenger said: "I do not want to set the Olympics as a target because I do not know whether Jack will be fit to start at the beginning of the season."

Wilshere injured his right ankle last summer and underwent successful surgery, only to suffer a stress fracture during his rehabilitation in January.

The midfielder's hopes of playing again before the end of the season have subsequently faded, along with plans to be involved with England in Poland and Ukraine this summer.

Jack Wilshere 2010-11
    Arsenal: 49 appearances, two goals
    England: 5 appearances

Wenger is now concerned that Wilshere could miss the start of the Gunners' pre-season training.

The Frenchman added: "When we start pre-season training on 9 July, if he can join in, then we have won the battle, but that is not guaranteed.
    "You get the first knock, but think: 'OK, at least I will be ready for the Euros.' Then you have to convince him: 'Look my friend, it will not work for the Euros.' You knock him down again.
    "Then you set him another target - the Olympics. But if he doesn't make it, he will lose a complete appetite for rehab because it's difficult.
    "Let's take our time and not set any specific targets.
    "The most important thing for him is to focus on day-to-day work and see if he can get better."

Wenger is more upbeat about the fitness of winger Theo Walcott, who limped out of last weekend's goalless draw against Chelsea with a hamstring problem.
    The Gunners boss said: "It is less serious than we thought. He has a small chance to play in the last game of the season.
    "For the Euros, he is definitely available."

Can't believe he hasn't played a competitive game for a full year now. Starting to feel sorry for him. He's Arsenal's best central midfielder imo.

Last edited by ScottyBoy_1989 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Jack Wilshere may not be fit for the start of next season.  Empty Re: Jack Wilshere may not be fit for the start of next season.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:58 pm

For the start of next season*
    Anonymous

Jack Wilshere may not be fit for the start of next season.  Empty Re: Jack Wilshere may not be fit for the start of next season.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:58 pm

FFS. Neutral

But knowing Wenger this is probably a little scheme of his to make sure he doesn't go to the Olympics.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:59 pm

Hardly missing him anyway.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:09 pm

Theo Filippo wrote:Hardly missing him anyway.

Your recent run has made you delusional and blind to your team's failings. Rolling Eyes
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Formerly known as : psyroukis
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Paulinho Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:03 am

Fucking hell, have they been trying to heal his ankle by dropping anvils on it
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:09 am

It's lies to keep him from going to the Olympics. I can almost guarantee that.
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Formerly known as : psyroukis
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Paulinho Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:15 am

Rick Rosstrich wrote:It's lies to keep him from going to the Olympics. I can almost guarantee that.

That's what I keep telling myself...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:46 am