Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
easley91
Barton
menalawyerguy
Drake
CollieBuddz
Ben 10
luke.
Lux
ShakerMatty
13 posters

Crawley= scum

Anonymous

Crawley= scum - Page 2 Empty Re: Crawley= scum

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 1:07 am

CTFC~ced wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    CTFC~ced wrote:
    easley91 wrote:It's come from English (or British not sure, read an article ages ago Crawley= scum - Page 2 214775) investors based overseas. I'll see if I can find it again and dig it up.

Did those investors used to live in the the Sussex area or support Crawley? I mean no disrespect to Crawley but I don't see why someone would want to invest millions into a club Crawley's size when before last season, they were nothing more than an average Conference club getting 1500 gates.

Think of the profit if they get them further up the football league.

Then surely the likes of Wrexham or Luton would have been a more ambitious club to take charge of?

More expensive to start off with as well.

Crawley - cheap to buy, small costs, small debt(?), small budget, small ground.
    Wrexham/Luton - more expensive costs, bigger, more expensive ground, budgets and costs as well as some quite big debts.

Crawley would be one of those buy cheap, build up and sell high moves.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Tue May 31, 2011 1:09 am

CTFC~ced wrote:
    easley91 wrote:
    Let me ask you this: how would you feel if your club were given money without the problem of any debt? You'd be delighted just like City and Chelsea fans were. It'll make you a hypocrite, and I'm probably one myself.

I'd rather know where the money is coming from first. You've seen the likes of Rushden who spent heavily on short term success and are now back to their sustainable position.

A couple of years ago at Cheltenham we had a director worth £966 million who was actually one of the wealthiest men in British football. Unfortunately he left when Marin Allen started spending a massive amount of money expecting Keswick to bail him out. When he left our squad was put up for sale and we were that close to administration.

All I'm saying is that Crawley should be careful and not risk the future of the club for short term success. We tried and failed, Histon tried and failed, Boston tried and failed and Rushden tried and failed. When these investors get bored then Crawley are pretty much fucked as you can't afford to pay League one/Championship wages with a 2500 average crowd.

Fair enough.

Who's not to say the board are not being careful? Our co-owner Bruce Winfield (RIP) brought these investors in personally, and he was a life-long supporter of the club, so I would imagine he knew what he was doing and what he felt was the best for his town's club. Bruce's wife is now the sole owner and with Chairman Alan Williams I trust them with Crawley Town.

I know and understand what you mean though, hopefully we can sustain it and I believe we will.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Tue May 31, 2011 1:11 am

Dan wrote:
    easley91 wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:
    CTFC~ced wrote:Being honest. Crawley have hardly explained where their money is coming from.

Are they required to?

To the FA and Football League. They seem satisfied with where it's from.

As far as I know they don't have to be revealed to the public but only to the FA and Football League. Not sure on that so don't quote me on it.

I think that's about right mate.

The Conference were fine with it, so I would imagine the FA and Football League would be the same.
    RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Supports : Cheltenham Town

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Tue May 31, 2011 1:19 am

Dan wrote:
    CTFC~ced wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    CTFC~ced wrote:
    easley91 wrote:It's come from English (or British not sure, read an article ages ago Crawley= scum - Page 2 214775) investors based overseas. I'll see if I can find it again and dig it up.

Did those investors used to live in the the Sussex area or support Crawley? I mean no disrespect to Crawley but I don't see why someone would want to invest millions into a club Crawley's size when before last season, they were nothing more than an average Conference club getting 1500 gates.

Then surely the likes of Wrexham or Luton would have been a more ambitious club to take charge of?

Wrexham/Luton - more expensive costs, bigger, more expensive ground, budgets and costs as well as some quite big debts.

Crawley would be one of those buy cheap, build up and sell high moves

If the owners can afford to spend millions on Crawley then surely they can afford to do the same at Luton or Wrexham? To sustain league football the investors would have to invest heavily into the stadium as it's too small for the football league. Wrexham and Luton already have the fan base and the required facilities to play at a higher level.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 am

CTFC~ced wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    CTFC~ced wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    CTFC~ced wrote:

Crawley would be one of those buy cheap, build up and sell high moves

If the owners can afford to spend millions on Crawley then surely they can afford to do the same at Luton or Wrexham? To sustain league football the investors would have to invest heavily into the stadium as it's too small for the football league. Wrexham and Luton already have the fan base and the required facilities to play at a higher level.

Actually the stadium only needs one bit of improvement and that is turning the west terrace into an all-seater stand, which we are in the process of doing. We're ready for League 2 already in terms of capacity, it's the 3 (I think?) years after that we need to be prepared for. Once the west stand is built, we're fine for the Football League for capacity.
    RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Tue May 31, 2011 1:27 am

easley91 wrote:
    CTFC~ced wrote:
    easley91 wrote:
    Let me ask you this: how would you feel if your club were given money without the problem of any debt? You'd be delighted just like City and Chelsea fans were. It'll make you a hypocrite, and I'm probably one myself.

I'd rather know where the money is coming from first. You've seen the likes of Rushden who spent heavily on short term success and are now back to their sustainable position.

A couple of years ago at Cheltenham we had a director worth £966 million who was actually one of the wealthiest men in British football. Unfortunately he left when Marin Allen started spending a massive amount of money expecting Keswick to bail him out. When he left our squad was put up for sale and we were that close to administration.

All I'm saying is that Crawley should be careful and not risk the future of the club for short term success. We tried and failed, Histon tried and failed, Boston tried and failed and Rushden tried and failed. When these investors get bored then Crawley are pretty much fucked as you can't afford to pay League one/Championship wages with a 2500 average crowd.

Fair enough.

Who's not to say the board are not being careful? Our co-owner Bruce Winfield (RIP) brought these investors in personally, and he was a life-long supporter of the club, so I would imagine he knew what he was doing and what he felt was the best for his town's club. Bruce's wife is now the sole owner and with Chairman Alan Williams I trust them with Crawley Town.

I know and understand what you mean though, hopefully we can sustain it and I believe we will.

Well the fact that your manager is a convicted criminal who got done for tax fraud at Boston United.

I do hope it turns out ok for you though and I look forward to watching us play Crawley next season.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Tue May 31, 2011 1:34 am

CTFC~ced wrote:
    easley91 wrote:
    CTFC~ced wrote:
    easley91 wrote:

Fair enough.

Well the fact that your manager is a convicted criminal who got done for tax fraud at Boston United.

I do hope it turns out ok for you though and I look forward to watching us play Crawley next season.

I'm not going to deny his past, but since he's been in charge him and Raynor have done wonders for us.

Thank you, so do I! FIFA 12 is what I'm looking forward to most lol. Laughing Will you be coming to Crawley for the away game? If you're thinking about it, don't! It's a shithole with scummy people and lots of chavs (apart from me!) Laughing Although we do have a huge Poundland for all your shopping needs..
    RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Tue May 31, 2011 2:04 am

easley91 wrote:
    CTFC~ced wrote:
    easley91 wrote:
    CTFC~ced wrote:
    easley91 wrote:

Fair enough.

I'm not going to deny his past, but since he's been in charge him and Raynor have done wonders for us.

Thank you, so do I! FIFA 12 is what I'm looking forward to most lol. Laughing Will you be coming to Crawley for the away game? If you're thinking about it, don't! It's a shithole with scummy people and lots of chavs (apart from me!) Laughing Although we do have a huge Poundland for all your shopping needs..

If it's on a saturday then I'm 99% sure that I will go. I don't mind seeing lots of chavs as I see them every away game. The word chav was actually first said in Cheltenham Laughing. I'm also used to visiting shit holes like Bradford, Gillingham and Aldershot so it's nothing new for me. I prefer to stand anyway so I don't mind.

You should come to Cheltenham away as it's quite a posh town and it isn't a shit hole shifty The whole stadium although small, the stands are quite steep and very close to the pitch, so it's easy to create a decent atmosphere.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 2:34 am

Can't wait until the rich directors fuck off.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue May 31, 2011 3:12 am

Radford11 wrote:Can't wait until the rich directors fuck off.

Does Hereford run on the sale of beef burgers? shifty
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Tue May 31, 2011 3:15 am

Sounds dodgy to me.

Could they possibly do what Portsmouth did? Spending what they don't have (but believing they do have), and eventually financially imploding because they can't sustain themselves? shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 3:22 am

Lux wrote:

Does Hereford run on the sale of beef burgers? Crawley= scum - Page 2 279869

Crawley= scum - Page 2 567798
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Tue May 31, 2011 3:31 am

Jordi wrote:
    Sounds dodgy to me.

Could they possibly do what Portsmouth did? Spending what they don't have (but believing they do have), and eventually financially imploding because they can't sustain themselves? Crawley= scum - Page 2 279869

The investors aren't foreign, they're British and good friends with the late Bruce Winfield (RIP Bruce) who was a life-long fan of the club and co-owner with his wife, so I believe they'll do what they can to keep the club running and sustainable and what's best for the club in the long run. We do have the money, and we'll spend it wisely. Remember we got extra money from the FA Cup run, so shouldn't be a problem (at least not for a while anyway).
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Tue May 31, 2011 3:54 am

i mean i know who is running my club so is there anything on the internet to say who is running crawley?
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Tue May 31, 2011 4:02 am

Burytilidie wrote:i mean i know who is running my club so is there anything on the internet to say who is running crawley?
    Sue Carter is running the club with Bruce Winfield's wife after he sadly passed away.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Tue May 31, 2011 4:04 am

yeah i heard he died by the way what im saying is whys the need to sign donaldson i thought you had many strikers already
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Tue May 31, 2011 4:22 am

Brodie's gone to Fleetwood and McAllister has gone as well, so we need him after we also signed John Akinde to go with Tubbs.Unless he goes as well.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Tue May 31, 2011 5:33 am

Radford11 wrote:
    Lux wrote:

Does Hereford run on the sale of beef burgers? Crawley= scum - Page 2 279869

Crawley= scum - Page 2 567798
    rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 5:34 am

you get the joke yes? shifty
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue May 31, 2011 6:20 am

That Hereford actually does run on the sale of burgers? shifty
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Tue May 31, 2011 6:21 am

Lux wrote:That Hereford actually does run on the sale of burgers? shifty
    Laughing
    i remember when hereford played a team years ago and im sure they were having a bull going round the pitch before the match Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 8:24 am

How did they get the money?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 8:31 am

Burytilidie wrote:
    Lux wrote:That Hereford actually does run on the sale of burgers? Crawley= scum - Page 2 279869
    Laughing
    i remember when hereford played a team years ago and im sure they were having a bull going round the pitch before the match Laughing

Yup, would beat the fuck out of your mascot Wink
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Tue May 31, 2011 11:57 am

Well I do not think spending tons of money makes them scum but rather it would be perhaps how they get their money. If they are spending money and they are going into debt this is not cool. If some rich person bought the team and is spending his money to grow the club I am fine about that if this person earned their money in a legal manner. Another great example of this is TSG Hoffenheim in Germany. They were in the 7th tier when a rich business man bought the team and suddenly they made their way to the Bundesliga

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:26 pm