Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Theo Filippo
Gegilworld93
Barton
Jordi
ResurrectionRooney
Kuled
LeBron
The Zlatan
Danny
Drake
14 posters

Ravel Morrison advised to seek abuse counselling

Drake
    Drake

Ravel Morrison advised to seek abuse counselling Empty Ravel Morrison advised to seek abuse counselling

Post by Drake Thu May 26, 2011 4:26 am

Ravel Morrison, the Manchester United teenager tipped to become one of the pre-eminent English footballers of his generation, has been advised to seek counselling about domestic abuse after appearing in court charged with attacking his girlfriend.

Morrison denied assaulting Reah Dixon, then 16, and the case was dropped after Salford magistrates court was told she had refused to make a statement.

However, the court also heard that it was the second time the 18-year-old had been arrested for assaulting her, with another case in 2008 when she also refused to go ahead with the prosecution.

Morrison, who has represented England at every level from the under-19s to under-16s and scored twice to help United win the FA Youth Cup on Monday, also has a caution for assaulting his mother, Sharon Ryan, when he was 15.

The teenager, who now earns 3,400 pounds a month after tax, was fined 600 pounds after admitting a charge of criminal damage, having destroyed Reah's mobile phone by throwing it out of an open window during an argument at her parents' house.

The court also ordered him to pay 85 pounds costs and a £15 victim impact surcharge and the district judge, Jonathan Feinstein, said he had recommended to the Probation Service that they should advise Morrison about domestic abuse.

"Any domestic investigation and help that needs to be given can be given through the youth offending team," he told Morrison. "I'm sure you appreciate that behaviour like this is not acceptable. You're obviously someone with a considerable future and you must at all times understand that a loss of temper, no matter what the provocation, is not acceptable."

This is not the first time Morrison's behaviour has brought embarrassment on Old Trafford but the club will be relived by the verdict considering that Morrison is already the subject of a 12-month referral order after appearing at Trafford Youth Court, then aged 17, in January to admit two charges of intimidating a witness. On that occasion Morrison was warned that if he breached the order he would be sentenced to a year behind bars.

The court was told Morrison had subjected the victim of a street robbery to a two-day ordeal to try to stop him giving evidence at the trial of his muggers.

This included threatening phone calls as well as confronting the boy, with two accomplices. The three later appeared in the victim's front garden, were chased away but came back in a mob of 15 to 20 people and a brick was thrown through a window. The victim was so traumatised, the court was told his family had put the house up for sale and wanted to leave Manchester.

The latest incident occurred on 19 April, the day before Morrison helped United beat Chelsea to reach the FA Youth Cup final. The court was told he and Dixon, his girlfriend of three years, had started arguing after she looked through the messages on his mobile phone. She threw his phone to the floor and, in retaliation, he threw hers through an open window. The court was told the couple were still together and were planning a two-week holiday next month.

A skilful, two-footed player, Morrison turned professional with United on his 17th birthday and made his first-team debut as a substitute in the Carling Cup tie against Wolverhampton Wanderers last October.

The club's website describe him as a "supremely gifted talent" but his behaviour behind the scenes at Old Trafford has been a cause of serious concern for Sir Alex Ferguson and his backroom staff.

Ferguson is aware that Morrison has a rare talent but the teenager's behaviour has been discussed at the top of the club, and there was the strong possibility his contract would have been terminated had he gone to prison.

The club are encouraged, however, by an improvement in his behaviour and the judge praised Morrison after reading a progress report that described him as "helpful, never presenting any difficulties, a positive attitude and willing to learn."

United released a statement after his previous case saying: "The club does not in any way condone Ravel's actions, but he is a very talented player with a bright future ahead of him. The right thing to do now is to support him and help him in the process of his rehabilitation."
    Anonymous

Ravel Morrison advised to seek abuse counselling Empty Re: Ravel Morrison advised to seek abuse counselling

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 4:27 am

Should be locked up. Thug.
    Anonymous

Ravel Morrison advised to seek abuse counselling Empty Re: Ravel Morrison advised to seek abuse counselling

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 4:27 am

Needs to sort himself out.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu May 26, 2011 4:27 am

He's a fucking nutter tbh, he should have counselling. Neutral
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu May 26, 2011 4:29 am

Maybe a month or two in federal pound me in the ass prison will sort him out think
    LeBron

Formerly known as : Spider
    Supports : Man Red.

Post by LeBron Thu May 26, 2011 4:30 am

Dan wrote:Should be locked up. Thug.

Please refrain from discussing Steven Gerrard in a Ravel Morrison thread.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu May 26, 2011 4:31 am

He's got an amazing talent. Really looks one to look out for in the future. But he really needs to sort himself out if he wants a career at United.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 4:31 am

Spider wrote:

I don't see a mention of him.. scratch
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 4:43 am

Spider wrote:

rofl
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu May 26, 2011 4:52 am

Agreed, don't want him at my club.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Thu May 26, 2011 4:55 am

Doesn't deserve to earn three grand a month if he's gonna behave like this.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Thu May 26, 2011 4:59 am

The lad is 17, plays for Man United, and earns £3,400 a month. Yet this is how he repays society.

Fucking inbred thug.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu May 26, 2011 5:01 am

The haters are out tonight..
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 5:01 am

Danny wrote:The haters are out tonight..

As are those with red-tinted glasses.. Wink
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu May 26, 2011 5:03 am

Dan wrote:

Hardly. I called him a nutter, Kem and Kuled said he needs to sort himself out, RR said he doesn't want him at the club (fuck that tbh Neutral)...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 5:05 am

Danny wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Hardly. I called him a nutter, Kem and Kuled said he needs to sort himself out, RR said he doesn't want him at the club (fuck that tbh Neutral)...

If you or me had done what he did, he'd have been locked up, for a long time.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu May 26, 2011 5:07 am

Dan wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    Dan wrote:

What's that got to do with it? Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 5:08 am

Danny wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    Dan wrote:

You've seen who the thread is focused on right?
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu May 26, 2011 5:08 am

Dan wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    Dan wrote:

You've seen who the thread is focused on right?
    facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 5:10 am

Hang on, are you facepalming me there?
    LeBron

Formerly known as : Spider
    Supports : Man Red.

Post by LeBron Thu May 26, 2011 5:11 am

Dan facepalm

Late night?
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu May 26, 2011 5:11 am

Yeah. Neutral

I'm saying that we're not wearing "red tinted glasses" because no United fans are defending him, so you come out with the obvious statement that if a 'normal' person did what he's done, we'd be sent down for it. Thanks captain fucking obvious.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 5:12 am

Oh, my apologies. Sorry for thinking that someone that was caught with firearms, beat up his girlfriend and intimidated a witness in a case with a gang of his mates should be locked up. Me and my bias.. Rolling Eyes
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu May 26, 2011 5:13 am

It's not true that a normal person would have gone to jail for what he did, criminal damage isn't an offence you're ever likely to go to jail for, while his witness intimidation was a first offence.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu May 26, 2011 5:13 am

Dan wrote:Oh, my apologies. Sorry for thinking that someone that was caught with firearms, beat up his girlfriend and intimidated a witness in a case with a gang of his mates should be locked up. Me and my bias.. Rolling Eyes
    Oh fucking dear.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Thu May 26, 2011 5:14 am

Dan vs Danny eek2
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu May 26, 2011 5:14 am

Dan wrote:Oh, my apologies. Sorry for thinking that someone that was caught with firearms, beat up his girlfriend and intimidated a witness in a case with a gang of his mates should be locked up. Me and my bias.. Rolling Eyes

He hasn't been found guilty of beating up his girlfriend, she refused to testify. He may be guilty (personally I think he probably is), but the judiciary can't punish him because they think he probably is guilty, they need something called evidence.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 5:14 am

Danny, shut up with the 'Oh fucking dear' and 'facepalm'

At least other people (RR) are actually replying with constructive comments Simples
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu May 26, 2011 5:15 am

Cam wrote:Danny, shut up with the 'Oh fucking dear' and 'facepalm'

Well he shouldn't bring up pointless obvious statements which have fuck all to do with what was being discussed.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu May 26, 2011 5:16 am

Surprise surprise a Liverpool fan Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:15 pm