Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Coatsy
Sean
CollieBuddz
7 posters

MK Dons' Ground

Anonymous

MK Dons' Ground Empty MK Dons' Ground

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 6:56 am

Biggest waste of money ever.

Even without the seats added to the upper tier, the ground is still only half full for a Play Off game against a Peterborough team which are quite local I think?

Posh took loads of fans, hope they smash MK in the 2nd leg and come back up to the Championship.

Attendances in some of these Play Offs have been poor considering the size of the game. Think Forest has been the only sell out
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

MK Dons' Ground Empty Re: MK Dons' Ground

Post by CollieBuddz Mon May 16, 2011 7:00 am

Very local.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:02 am

Forest wrote:Biggest waste of money ever.

Even without the seats added to the upper tier, the ground is still only half full for a Play Off game against a Peterborough team which are quite local I think?

Posh took loads of fans, hope they smash MK in the 2nd leg and come back up to the Championship.

Attendances in some of these Play Offs have been poor considering the size of the game. Think Forest has been the only sell out

MK Dons have only been around for a short amount of time (about 7 years) and although the ground might look half full, we still have many more seats than the average League 1 side. Attendance statistics are probably similar.

The stadium was build in anticipation that we'll be promoted in the future. We were so close before, missing out on promotion after losing a penalty shootout. In my opinion, MK Dons will be in the top end of the Championship League within 5 years.

Last edited by Scott on Mon May 16, 2011 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon May 16, 2011 7:03 am

What happens if MK Dons are in the PL and play Liverpool, who will you support?
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Mon May 16, 2011 7:04 am

Luke Chadwick. MK Dons' Ground 158228
    Best player of a generation
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:04 am

He'll support them both, you are allowed to do that nowadays apparently.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:05 am

Mk Dons are a young club, IIRC they are doing alot to encourage younger supporters to take an interest. Therefore trying to build a fanbase for the future which makes alot of sense seeing as the current adults would already have attachments to other clubs.

I'm sure they will grow as a club, no doubt about that.

Last edited by Radford11 on Mon May 16, 2011 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:05 am

Sean wrote:What happens if MK Dons are in the PL and play Liverpool, who will you support?

It will be a very, very long time before MK Dons can even hope of getting into the Premier League. If by some miracle they made it to the PL, then I'd still support Liverpool. I don't even support MK Dons, I just follow them. I look out for their result and go to the odd game.

I doubt I'll be living in Milton Keynes by the time they get into the Premier League, if they ever do.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:06 am

MK Dons are a pathetic tinpot club and whoever supports them deserve to be beat up.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:06 am

Imagine Wimbledon and MK Dons ever end up in the same league shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:07 am

What I loved though, was seeing Hamann play for us. And seeing Robbie Fowler taking a temporary coaching role here. Was nice to see Paul Ince manage us as well. We tend to attract some reasonable names here.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:08 am

Scott wrote:What I loved though, was seeing Hamann play for us. And seeing Robbie Fowler taking a temporary coaching role here. Was nice to see Paul Ince manage us as well. We tend to attract some reasonable names here.

Us?

Plastic fuck.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:08 am

James ♠ wrote:MK Dons are a pathetic tinpot club and whoever supports them deserve to be beat upcheating franchise who bought a Football League position to avoid making a new club in the combined counties leagues.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:09 am

Cam wrote:Imagine Wimbledon and MK Dons ever end up in the same league shifty

AFC fans wouldn't turn up. They don't see Plastic FC as a football club.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:10 am

Dan wrote:

How do you feel about past Liverpool legends playing a role at the club? Fowler, Hamann, Ince.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:12 am

Radford11 wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:MK Dons are a pathetic tinpot club and whoever supports them deserve to be beat upcheating franchise who bought a Football League position to avoid making a new club in the combined counties leagues.

Anyone who supports them deserves to be beaten up. Its not as if they don't know the history of them.

What I find ironic is they will argue wrong ref decisions or diving and say they are cheating. bounce
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:13 am

Scott wrote:
    Dan wrote:

How do you feel about past Liverpool legends playing a role at the club? Fowler, Hamann, Ince.

I'm not too bothered, it's a job at the end of the day. Nice for the club I guess. I just don't agree with how the club was formed.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:14 am

Dan wrote:
    Cam wrote:Imagine Wimbledon and MK Dons ever end up in the same league MK Dons' Ground 279869

This, AFC Wimbledon fans were devastated at the thought of playing the franchise in the FA Cup and an executive from the club said they don't expect any fans to travel, and might not even fulfil the fixture at all.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:14 am

How was it formed? Didn't they just move the club?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:15 am

Cam wrote:How was it formed? Didn't they just move the club?

Milton Keynes Dons were created on 21 June 2004 as the result of Wimbledon F.C.'s relocation from south-west London to the National Hockey Stadium in Milton Keynes nine months earlier. Although the team originally claimed the history of Wimbledon F.C. as its own, it stopped doing so in 2007, in part to ensure the recognition of its supporters groups by the Football Supporters Federation, which had previously boycotted them. Despite remaining a legal continuation of the original Wimbledon club, MK Dons has maintained since 2007 that it is a new team, founded in 2004.
    After taking Wimbledon F.C.'s place in League One for the 2004–05 season, MK Dons were relegated to the fourth-tier League Two after 2005–06. Under the management of Paul Ince, the club won both the division and the Football League Trophy during the 2007–08 season, and was promoted back to League One for 2008–09, where as of 2010–11 they remain.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:17 am

Cam wrote:How was it formed? Didn't they just move the club?

The original Wimbledon had financial troubles. Winkleman and his cronies bought the club, moved it from its roots to Milton Keynes and changed the club name to MK Dons.
    To put it very basically they changed the whole club, with the only thing not changing was the Football League position. Effectively made a new club straight into the football league.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Mon May 16, 2011 7:19 am

The owner looks like a nonce aswell.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Mon May 16, 2011 7:20 am

MK Dons' Ground _41136743_winkelman203
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:20 am

Never should have been allowed to happen. I'm sure AFC fans would have rather seen their club go bust and have to start again than have them replaced by some random team.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Mon May 16, 2011 7:20 am

well wimbledon will be hopefully back next season anyway Very Happy
    apparently their fans are as really loud cos the grounds not very big
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:21 am

I will always remember at KC in league 1. Losing 2-1 against MK Dons going into stoppage time only to score 2 goals and beat the fuckers 3-2. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:22 am

MK Dons' Ground GetImage

MK Dons' Ground 2934652294-21032011210055

not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:22 am

Dan wrote:Never should have been allowed to happen. I'm sure AFC fans would have rather seen their club go bust and have to start again than have them replaced by some random team.

Effectively, they did start again by forming a new team.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:23 am

Scott wrote:
    Dan wrote:Never should have been allowed to happen. I'm sure AFC fans would have rather seen their club go bust and have to start again than have them replaced by some random team.

But skipped the league system so they where entered in the 3rd tier?

Not fair.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:24 am

Scott wrote:

A new team doesn't start in the football league though Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:16 pm