Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
coolhead33
Jordi
Weather130
ResurrectionRooney
Muse
Lux
Simonc89
Mustangt125
fluffy_kittens
Scuba Steve
Barton
15 posters

FA set to strip QPR of automatic promotion to Premier League

Anonymous

FA set to strip QPR of automatic promotion to Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: FA set to strip QPR of automatic promotion to Premier League

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:15 pm

This is ridiculous seems like half the papers are saying it will only be a fine and the other half are saying a deduction. Laughing
    Anonymous

FA set to strip QPR of automatic promotion to Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: FA set to strip QPR of automatic promotion to Premier League

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:50 pm

In my opinion it should be a deduction, just like West Hams should of been.

2 different boards though, I said before that the Football League are more willing to hand out point deductions than then the Premier League are.

This is basically like (i think it was Hereford) and another team in league 2 who got points deducted for fielding an ineligible player. This is the exact same thing, except this lad has played most of the games for QPR. Should be just docked points for every game he has played in, in my opinion
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:52 pm

That would mean Norwich get two consecutive promotions as champions? Surprised
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:53 pm

Jordi wrote:That would mean Norwich get two consecutive promotions as champions? Surprised

Yeah. Would also mean a Welsh team definately in the PL next season with a good chance of Swansea making it 2 in there as well.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:56 pm

It is irrelevant anyway, QPR will just appeal it at the latest time possible. The appeal would have to be answered before the playoff games(which are so soon after the season), so the deduction will happen in the Premier League anyway.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:57 pm

Pacheco got a medal Surprised
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:26 pm

Justice would be done if the points deduction means we end up in the play offs at the end of the season. After getting points deducted at the end of one season and the start of the next (which cost us automatic promotion) it's only fair that something is done for us for a change.

The only problem is that if they do get deducted points and can still finish higher such as get back into the play offs or automatic spot then our game will be harder.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:40 pm

James ♠ wrote:In my opinion it should be a deduction, just like West Hams should of been.

2 different boards though, I said before that the Football League are more willing to hand out point deductions than then the Premier League are.

This is basically like (i think it was Hereford) and another team in league 2 who got points deducted for fielding an ineligible player. This is the exact same thing, except this lad has played most of the games for QPR. Should be just docked points for every game he has played in, in my opinion

This, we fielded an ineligable player and got fined 3 points for 1 game. The Football League board has set out their punishment right there.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:43 pm

Relegate QPR and give Hull a chance to get in playoffs. Laughing
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:45 pm

I don't want to see them deducted I think it's a bit dodgy really, but if they are then at least make it so we can get the play offs. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:49 pm

Uncle John from Jamaica wrote:I don't want to see them deducted I think it's a bit dodgy really, but if they are then at least make it so we can get the play offs. Laughing

Laughing Imagine if they did knock like 25 points off though. Would be an amazing last day.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:54 pm

Believe me. We've all sat on here since March and worked out "worse possible scenarios"!!!

There is only the "possibility" that Faurlin is ineligible for a 6 game
    period from September 1 to September 28. During which he played one
    game.

Faurlin was not ineligible during 2009/2010 - the new third party
    ownership rule did not kick in until September 1, 2010 at which point,
    Faurlin's registration had already been placed with the FL, who again
    accept no wrong doing had taken place - until we notifying them of the
    situation in regard to the discrepancy between the documents we
    submitted and those new FA rules implemented after the submission.

The nearest precedent to our case is that of Boston United, who
    deliberately misled the authorities and admitted doing so. Punishment of
    4pts into the following season and a £50k fine. The unlicensed agent
    precedent set this season with Bristol City, £30k fine. The FA or the PL
    have never once accepted that the punishment given to West Ham re Tevez
    was not correct. The recompense came from civil proceedings brought by
    Sheffield United based on probability not in relation to fact.

I understand why Cardiff supporters especially will seek to look at the
    best scenario that suits their promotion push - we'd do the same -
    however the facts of our case are nowhere near as bleak as you paint
    (and this is from myself, someone who has always believed a points
    penalty will be forthcoming and a reknowned pessimist on this board and
    works within the football industry)

2-3pts carried into next season and a £75k - £100k fine.

Boston bit is interesting
    FA set to strip QPR of automatic promotion to Premier League - Page 2 214775
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:57 pm

So the player was not registered to QPR yet you played him numerous times?
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:04 pm

Radford11 wrote:So the player was not registered to QPR yet you played him numerous times?

There is only the "possibility" that Faurlin is ineligible for a 6 game
    period from September 1 to September 28. During which he played one
    game.

Ban?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:06 pm

ok couldn't be bothered reading through the text.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:49 pm

I don't want another southern club in the Premier League, would prefer a club from up north
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:37 pm

really dont wanna see Cardiff promoted. just hate them so much.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:04 am

Cardiff are abunch of cunts. And i'm welsh.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:21 am

Jay.Davies11 wrote:I don't want another southern club in the Premier League, would prefer a club from up north
    There are 5 southern teams in the Prem. 4 in the midlands and 11 up north. I think There should be atleast another 3 Southern teams and 3 less northern. QPR, Norwich and someone else. East Anglia has 8 Proffesional clubs, Ipswich, Norwich, Colchester, Southend, Cambridge, MK Dons, Peterbourgh and Northampton and not one of them are in the Prem. So a few southern teams would be reasonable.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:43 am

Adz wrote:
    Jay.Davies11 wrote:I don't want another southern club in the Premier League, would prefer a club from up north
    There are 5 southern teams in the Prem. 4 in the midlands and 11 up north. I think There should be atleast another 3 Southern teams and 3 less northern. QPR, Norwich and someone else. East Anglia has 8 Proffesional clubs, Ipswich, Norwich, Colchester, Southend, Cambridge, MK Dons, Peterbourgh and Northampton and not one of them are in the Prem. So a few southern teams would be reasonable.

MK Dons and Northampton aren't in East Anglia. scratch
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:53 am

It's a disaster next year for away games for me. 3 teams going down are all close, Scunny sheff Utd and Preston, we are getting Brighton Southampton Bournemouth potentially coming up! All 6 hour treks!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:02 am

James ♠ wrote:In my opinion it should be a deduction, just like West Hams should of been.

Shouldn't be. It will be handled by the FA. If West Ham got a fine, so should QPR. You can't have one rule for one team and one for another.

Radford11 wrote:

This, we fielded an ineligable player and got fined 3 points for 1 game. The Football League board has set out their punishment right there.

Completely different. This is to do with third party ownership.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Post by LFC_Grunners Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:57 am

Is it when they had Briatore in charge? He's a cunt!!! should never have been allowed to own them after the whole Crashgate incident!
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:14 am

Uncle John from Jamaica wrote:It's a disaster next year for away games for me. 3 teams going down are all close, Scunny sheff Utd and Preston, we are getting Brighton Southampton Bournemouth potentially coming up! All 6 hour treks!
    You'll probably get Hudderfield though, that ain't too far away, is it? shifty
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:25 am

JMB_94 wrote:
    Adz wrote:

According to the local news we are.

@Uncle John: Unlucky. Closer to me as well. Razz
    Barton

Post by Barton Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:30 am

coolhead33 wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:
    Adz wrote:

We? Leeds? FA set to strip QPR of automatic promotion to Premier League - Page 2 279869
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:31 am

I swear Northampton are in the Midlands? Laughing

Their highlights are shown on Central News, and when you get off the plane at Nottingham East Midlands Airport there's these board things that say 'Nottingham Welcomes you to the East Midlands, Derby etc, Leicester etc, Lincoln etc, Northampton etc'
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:38 am

JMB_94 wrote:
    coolhead33 wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:
    Adz wrote:

We? Leeds? FA set to strip QPR of automatic promotion to Premier League - Page 2 279869
    I live in MK and the local news is East Anglia.
    Barton

Post by Barton Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:42 am

coolhead33 wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:
    coolhead33 wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:
    Adz wrote:

I live in MK and the local news is East Anglia.

Ohhh right. Thats a bit odd, MK is like north west of London. FA set to strip QPR of automatic promotion to Premier League - Page 2 894246
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:47 am

Nowhere near. It takes about an hour to get from MK to Euston by train.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:17 am