Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Simonc89
Mustangt125
fluffy_kittens
Barton
dena
Gegilworld93
Potato-7
LFC_Grunners
Hitchy
moscowmadeit3
Scuba Steve
Fanatic
Ben
Ricardo
Carlos Jenkinson
Mal
Danny
Kuled
Cadbury
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Pippo
25 posters

Big Clubs getting relegated.

Hitchy
    Hitchy

Big Clubs getting relegated. - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Clubs getting relegated.

Post by Hitchy Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:03 am

Big Clubs getting relegated. - Page 2 284837
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:08 am

XxBradKennedyxX wrote:what?

I think its perfectly possible for any other team to be relegated, it was only a few months ago we were wondering if liverpool could be relegated, Tottenham were down at the bottom end only a couple of years ago with a similar team to what they have now etc. I dont see whats so funny about my post Neutral
    Big Clubs getting relegated. - Page 2 117897
    Anybody with any knowledge of football knew both teams wouldn't get relegated.

Last edited by B0dunrin on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:10 am

Dan wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    XxBradKennedyxX wrote:only teams i cant see getting relegated at some point are united and arsenal.

Are you retarded

think

A question, but where's the question mark?

think
    Couldn't be bothered... and what

XxBradKennedyxX wrote:what?

I think its perfectly possible for any other team to be relegated, it was only a few months ago we were wondering if liverpool could be relegated, Tottenham were down at the bottom end only a couple of years ago with a similar team to what they have now etc. I dont see whats so funny about my post Neutral

It's Arsenal, financially secure and have been here for ages. There's more chance of Tottenham being relegated 5 times before Arsenal are
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:13 am

What?

"only teams i cant see getting relegated at some point are united and arsenal."

I said I dont think arsenal or united will get relegated, but clubs like chelsea or city or tottenham could possibly. Neutral
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:19 am

Ohhhhhh, sorry I gotta lay off that weed
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:30 am

Not in England and Spain, but definitly in the Bundesliga. The likes of Stuttgart, Wolfsburg and Werder Bremen are fighting against relegation at the moment.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:34 am

Wolfsburg isn't a big club.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:35 am

Won the league shifty
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:40 am

Yes, once.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:47 am

I'd say they're a pretty big club in Germany.

Not anything like Bayern Munich (biggest in Germany tbh), but you know.. shifty
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:51 am

"From the mid-70's through to the early 90's Die Wölfe played as a third division side in the Amateur Oberliga Nord."

You know?
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:53 am

Wolfsburg aren't big, that'd be like Fulham winning the league then going down.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:54 am

I think its a bit like saying Wigan are big club... Even if they won the league once it wouldn't make them a big club.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:55 am

Scuba Steve wrote:"From the mid-70's through to the early 90's Die Wölfe played as a third division side in the Amateur Oberliga Nord."

You know?
    Oh. Neutral
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:01 am

Correct, winning the league once (with just one other major trophy in club history) does not mean you are a big club.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:06 am

I should have done my research. Dry Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:17 am

Forest getting relegated in 1993 was bigger than Newcastle and possibly Leeds, seeing as we were European Champions only 13 years before
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:37 am

Leeds were relegated just 3 years after being in the Champions League semi.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:19 am

I don't even consider Leeds and Newcastle big clubs so to think about big clubs getting relegated is beyond me, with the amount of financial power these clubs have they will ALWAYS have enough revenue to buy players good enough for at least 17th place. Even when Liverpool were playing total shit they still had one of the best squads in England, even the world.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:22 am

Newcastle didn't exactly have a fall from grace.

I mean before they were relegated they had a mediocre squad, problems off the pitch, and were stuck in mid table for many seasons. Neutral
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:29 am

Man U is apparently in huge debt but never gets punished in any way for it
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:36 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:Man U is apparently in huge debt but never gets punished in any way for it

Yeah they get a lot of different treatments.
    Simonc89
    Simonc89

Post by Simonc89 Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:38 am

Money issues could cause any number of clubs to collapse and start dropping down the leagues. Just because things are rosy now, doesn't mean that one season, all of that could fly out the window.
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Supports : Preston North End F.C.

Post by Ben 10 Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:40 am

Preston are getting relegated, they USED to be a big club Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:55 am

Yeah, in the 1800's laugh
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:10 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:Man U is apparently in huge debt but never gets punished in any way for it

We're in debt because we take out loans to pay the FA so we win matches and get away with loads of decisions.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:13 am

Will happen to Chelsea.

Abramovich will dry up, get pissed off of no CL and leave. Ancelotti will leave. Players like Drogba, Anelka, Malouda will leave. Lampard will retire. They will finish 5th. Failing to make signings and losing players due to no champions league, then finish 6th-7th. Lack of real quality players joining.

+7 - 15 seasons.

Chelsea in the championship.
    Schnix
    Schnix

Supports : AS Roma, AC Siena, any Bundesliga club but Bayern

Post by Schnix Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:02 am

what about relegation as punishment? e.g. Juve 06

if so, i can definitely see a few of the big clubs go down in my lifetime

cough* barca? eek
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:33 am

crump wrote:Will happen to Chelsea.

Abramovich will dry up, get pissed off of no CL and leave. Ancelotti will leave. Players like Drogba, Anelka, Malouda will leave. Lampard will retire. They will finish 5th. Failing to make signings and losing players due to no champions league, then finish 6th-7th. Lack of real quality players joining.

+7 - 15 seasons.

Chelsea in the championship.

The likes of Drogba, Malouda and Anelka could be on there way out in the summer. Same with Ancelotti. shifty
    But I would say that Chelsea have more chance of getting relegated compared to Arsenal and Man Utd.
    RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Supports : Cheltenham Town

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:37 am

Galatasary are having a shocking season.

They could still get sucked into a relagation battle if their form doesn't impove.

14Big Clubs getting relegated. - Page 2 Right_arrowGalatasaray2810315293861716194281319-933
    15Big Clubs getting relegated. - Page 2 Right_arrowSivasspor2887133547643201723101530-1231
    16Big Clubs getting relegated. - Page 2 Right_arrowBucaspor286616224363516160311627-2124
    17Big Clubs getting relegated. - Page 2 Right_arrowKasimpasa2855182657321013322381325-3120
    18Big Clubs getting relegated. - Page 2 Right_arrowKonyaspor283916204027611191210921-2018

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:40 am