Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Fan sues Sunderland over stray shot

Anonymous

Fan sues Sunderland over stray shot Empty Fan sues Sunderland over stray shot

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:16 am

Fan sues Sunderland over ball in face injury

Sunderland are being sued by a fan who was
    injured while watching the team train, the chairman has revealed.
    Niall Quinn was responding to a question during a BBC Radio
    Newcastle phone-in about whether fans were still allowed to watch
    training sessions.He said that legal action was ongoing after the supporter was
    knocked out by a stray shot.
    The Premier League club has declined to release further
    details about the incident.
    Niall Quinn said: "We had a supporter who got a bad injury,
    "I think it was one of Djibril Cisse's misses where he had a
    shot from 20 yards.
    "I'm making fun of it now, but it knocked a supporter out. It
    was quite serious.
    "That supporter is in the process of suing us right now."

Supporters these days Fan sues Sunderland over stray shot 537999
    Kuled

Fan sues Sunderland over stray shot Empty Re: Fan sues Sunderland over stray shot

Post by Kuled Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:17 am

Neutral Laughing
    Anonymous

Fan sues Sunderland over stray shot Empty Re: Fan sues Sunderland over stray shot

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:19 am

What kind of 'supporter' sues his own club? Dry Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:32 am

polska. wrote:What kind of 'supporter' sues his own club? Dry Smile

Manchester United, or is the club suing fans Laughing
    samiz
    samiz

Post by samiz Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:47 am

Neutral his own fault for not staying on his feet
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:38 am

I want to sue Emile Heskey he hit me with a stray shot when i was watching him on TV.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:48 am

Maybe i should sue Hereford under the Sales Description Act, i bought the ticket with the promise of watching a football match Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:54 am

Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:I want to sue Emile Heskey he hit me with a stray shot when i was watching him on TV.

At least you finally admit to being a homeless person.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:57 am

James ♠️ wrote:
    Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:I want to sue Emile Heskey he hit me with a stray shot when i was watching him on TV.

At least you finally admit to being a homeless person.
    scratch
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:15 pm

This probably could only happen at training because I am certain tickets most likely mention that you need to pay attention to the action to prevent this happening. Sounds like this guy is pretending to be a massive idiot and thinks he deserves money since he had no warning about the potential of this to happen. If this happened in the states I think this guy might win this, not sure about the UK legal system. Over here I think the person suing would win maybe $10,000 at the very max.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:57 pm

He will never win, not even if it was in the USA. There is some kind of rule (forgot what it's called) that says a person cannot sue someone for an action that can be expected. If you are at a football stadium or training ground, it's expected for balls to be flying around. Just like it's expected for balls or bats to be flying around in a baseball game.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:43 pm

Anyone that gets knocked out by a football which hit him from maybe 25ish yards away is a pussy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:20 pm