Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Grenade
ayvee1
Theo Filippo
Jordi
Fanatic
Kuled
dena
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
blackskar
13 posters

Officiating: What needs to be done to sort it out?

blackskar
    blackskar

Officiating: What needs to be done to sort it out? Empty Officiating: What needs to be done to sort it out?

Post by blackskar Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:59 am

Just to start I have made this thread as a Knee jerk following the game, as it's spurred me on to make it. But you should all know by now I've been singing this song for atleast 2 seasons now. Officiating is getting worse and worse every season, from stupidly wrong calls for offsides, to phantom goals and such being given it's not on.

Surely this low standard can't continue? Games are being won and lost not by the teams themselves but rather by the ineptitude of the officials.

What do you think should be done? or do you not think anything should be done at all?

Thought this would be a good discussion following the Rooney incident, the Luiz stuff and the game today being 'high profile' mistakes that could prove costly. So discuss Neutral
    Anonymous

Officiating: What needs to be done to sort it out? Empty Re: Officiating: What needs to be done to sort it out?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:01 am

I think the more pressing issue is, why does poor officiating always help Man United by the end of the season?
    blackskar
    blackskar

Officiating: What needs to be done to sort it out? Empty Re: Officiating: What needs to be done to sort it out?

Post by blackskar Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:01 am

Don't turn this into a United pay the refs etc. Smile As it'll just end up in a cussing match
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:02 am

obvious stuff like goal-line technology and replays are just so needed, when shit decisions decide titles its just fucking stupid.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:02 am

Mistakes will be made, that's inevitable, I just wish that in football the refs would explain their reasoning behind a call like they do in some American sports...
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:02 am

Scott wrote:I think the more pressing issue is, why does poor officiating always help Man United by the end of the season?
    Fuck off Scott we get done by poor officiating too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:02 am

Scott wrote:I think the more pressing issue is, why does poor officiating always help Man United by the end of the season?
    Because Fergie pays the refs of course, why are you asking stupid questions?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:02 am

It's true though, I mean. When was the last time they had a legit goal turned down for offside? Or a player sent off when they shouldn't have been?
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:03 am

Obviously Video technology btw
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:03 am

Scott wrote:It's true though, I mean. When was the last time they had a legit goal turned down for offside? Or a player sent off when they shouldn't have been?
    True? rofl

You said it "always" helps us?

Are you thick or just being an idiot on purpose? Neutral
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:04 am

Are Utd susceptible to poor refereeing decisions? Yes. do they get more decisions go for them than any other team? Yes.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:04 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Scott wrote:It's true though, I mean. When was the last time they had a legit goal turned down for offside? Or a player sent off when they shouldn't have been?
    True? rofl

By the end of the season, yes.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:04 am

Female officials.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:04 am

Its not even just goaline technology its wrong offsides, penalty appeals.

Obviously there is a more pressing issue at hand.

Snoods.

Lets discuss this instead Neutral
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:05 am

EdinsonCavani wrote:Its not even just goaline technology its wrong offsides, penalty appeals.

Snoods.

And apparently they've ruled that players undershort things must be the same colour as the shorts.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:05 am

Scott wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    True? rofl

Nah just we're near the top at the end of the season so it's always looked at more crucial.. like last season Chelsea won it and got luck in our two meetings, these wouldn't be mentioned at the end of the season if we won the league, take your head out of your arse, you're not actually thick.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:06 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    True? rofl

Nah just we're near the top at the end of the season so it's always looked at more crucial.. like last season Chelsea won it and got luck in our two meetings, these wouldn't be mentioned at the end of the season if we won the league, take your head out of your arse, you're not actually thick.

What about the season before, that game against Spurs. The very game that started your late late revival.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:07 am

I think referees need to be given more respect. They are under so much pressure right now because they know that if they call something wrong they will be crucified for it. The more pressure they are under, the more likely they are to make a mistake.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:08 am

blackskar wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:Its not even just goaline technology its wrong offsides, penalty appeals.

Snoods.

And apparently they've ruled that players undershort things must be the same colour as the shorts.
    Officiating: What needs to be done to sort it out? 70955 Van Persie will be disappointed can they still wear neck thermals etc like last season?
    Jordi
    Jordi

Post by Jordi Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:08 am

Only the Captain should be allowed to talk to the ref. Like Rugby.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:08 am

I'm so glad that a thread which had potential to be a positive one has turned into another club vs. club situation. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:09 am

Scott wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    True? rofl

What about the season before, that game against Spurs. The very game that started your late late revival.
    Yeah, look through every game in that season with mid table teams, you'll find loads of decisions like that penalty one that weren't penalties.. but they're not spoken about because they're not at the top of the league and it doesn't matter come the end of the season. Neutral
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:09 am

ayvee1 wrote:I think referees need to be given more respect. They are under so much pressure right now because they know that if they call something wrong they will be crucified for it. The more pressure they are under, the more likely they are to make a mistake.
    Until they get decisions right they aint getting fuck all except a bollocking.

Le Tissier put it perfectly - Why is Mike Riley defending referees he is one of the worst to ref in the premier league Officiating: What needs to be done to sort it out? 70955
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:09 am

dena wrote:I'm so glad that a thread which had potential to be a positive one has turned into another club vs. club situation. Neutral

Yeah shame. Thought it was a good topic to discuss for once.

Meh, I'll delete posts if they carry on
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:10 am

dena wrote:I'm so glad that a thread which had potential to be a positive one has turned into another club vs. club situation. Neutral
    It's all scotty's fault Neutral
    Jordi
    Jordi

Post by Jordi Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:10 am

EdinsonCavani wrote:
    ayvee1 wrote:I think referees need to be given more respect. They are under so much pressure right now because they know that if they call something wrong they will be crucified for it. The more pressure they are under, the more likely they are to make a mistake.
    Until they get decisions right they aint getting fuck all except a bollocking.

Le Tissier put it perfectly - Why is Mike Riley defending referees he is one of the worst to ref in the premier league Officiating: What needs to be done to sort it out? 70955
    He said that? Laughing

What a legend not worthy
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:15 am

Personally I have this big conspiracy that its mainly corruption. The rich teams get favors done for them by either knowing insiders or a good old brown envelope.
    I for one actually agree with the whole "fergie pays the refs" saga. Its probably somebody with the boards or owners who arrange it to be done rather than Fergie but its become pretty evident non the less. Some of the shit they have gotten away with this season is just fucking rediculous.

Calll me stupid I dont care but thats the way I see it.

On the old fifa forums a guy said that they wont make a system where decisions are 100% correct (ie video technology) because of the corruption within fifa. The world cup matches being rigged for host nations was one thing. (Look at Korea v Italy a few years back).
    Im not too sure what to beleive but I do know theres corruption within them to a certain extent.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:48 am

Tbh I don't think anything can be done without a MAJOR overhaul of the rules of the game.

Not only do I not want this, I don't think any FIFA president will ever entertain the idea.

I say live with it.

I'd like to think the old cliché "These things even themselves out over the course of a season" applies, to 19 of the teams in the league atleast.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:49 am

Cornholio wrote:Tbh I don't think anything can be done without a MAJOR overhaul of the rules of the game.

Not only do I not want this, I don't think any FIFA president will ever entertain the idea.

I say live with it.

I'd like to think the old cliché "These things even themselves over the course of a season" applies, to 19 of the teams in the league atleast.

Grant Wahl would Razz

Neutral
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:53 am

dena wrote:
    Cornholio wrote:Tbh I don't think anything can be done without a MAJOR overhaul of the rules of the game.

I say live with it.

I'd like to think the old cliché "These things even themselves over the course of a season" applies, to 19 of the teams in the league atleast.

Grant Wahl would Razz

Neutral

Neutral

Did he get the nomination he needed? Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:38 pm