Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Caroll, Suarez, and Torres shirt sales article.

Cornholio
    Cornholio

Caroll, Suarez, and Torres shirt sales article. Empty Caroll, Suarez, and Torres shirt sales article.

Post by Cornholio Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:28 pm

Torres already top scorer at the tills

Published
    23:00 03/02/11
    By Ruki Sayid

• Caroll, Suarez, and Torres shirt sales article. Comment (3)
    • Recommend (2)

Caroll, Suarez, and Torres shirt sales article.

Chelsea's record £50million signing Fernando Torres is already king
    of the shirt sales – outselling his ­Liverpool replacement Andy Carroll
    by 250 jerseys to one.Demand for Chelsea's new Torres home shirts
    are currently 40% higher than when he arrived at Anfield three years
    ago, according to suppliers.Shirt sales for the Kop’s other new
    striker, Luis Suarez, are 380% more popular than Carroll replicas, but
    are still trailing behind Chelsea’s Spanish signing by 30 to one.Ray
    Evans, managing director of Kitbag.com, said: “It will be interesting
    to see whether Torres can maintain his popularity among Chelsea fans and
    whether Carroll can break into the hearts of the Liverpool fans.”

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Chelsea-Fernando-Torres-50m-man-is-king-of-shirt-sales-outselling-his-Liverpool-replacement-Andy-Carroll-by-250-jerseys-to-one-article689695.html#ixzz1CxMHBPD7

Here are the reasons I have a problem with this over-hyped article.

• Torres was not a world name when he arrived at Liverpool. He is very much a brand NOW, and will have fans regardless of who he plays for that will buy his shirt.
    • Suarez and Carroll are not a world names and most Liverpool fans will already have bought a shirt this season, in a time of financial hardship it is unrealistic to expect most to buy a new shirt.
    • I think it would be much fairer to compare shirt sales just after the start of a new season.
    • I also think it will be fairer to compare the height of Torres' shirt sales at Chelsea, to that of his time at Liverpool.
    Even after the start of next season I don't expect them to topple Torres' shirt sales, but I think it will be closer. Just think this is a bullshit article and I would get in first before one of the wums come in and set the whole tone of the discussion in a bad way.
    Sean

Caroll, Suarez, and Torres shirt sales article. Empty Re: Caroll, Suarez, and Torres shirt sales article.

Post by Sean Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:43 pm

I know it helps clubs finance but is it really worth arguing over who sells most shirts?
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Caroll, Suarez, and Torres shirt sales article. Empty Re: Caroll, Suarez, and Torres shirt sales article.

Post by Cornholio Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:46 pm

I agree fully, but I expect there to be some that would see this and see it as something to beat us with, it's essentially what the article was written for (or why release these pointless numbers?). I wanted to nip it in the bud.
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:00 pm

You can just tell this "who got the better deal" shit is gonna run on this whole season Laughing
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:02 pm

I know Caroll, Suarez, and Torres shirt sales article. 58503
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:05 pm

Who would want to buy a Carroll shirt? Laughing
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:05 pm

Liverpool fans?
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:11 pm

Torresxvilla wrote:Who would want to buy a Carroll shirt? Laughing

Sean CFC wrote:Liverpool fans?

This is the exact point I'm making.

When Torres came to Liverpool, who, apart from Liverpool fans, would want to buy his shirt?

Torres went on to be a very important player and people all over the world started following his career.

That's what the hope is for Carroll to do.

Which is why comparing their shirt sales now is pointless.
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:12 pm

Torres was already pretty regular in the Spain squad by then though was he not?
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:14 pm

Yeah but you know what I mean. He wasn't a world name in the sport.

I'm not saying Carroll is the same as Torres was then. I'm not even saying he will do as much as Torres did. It's a gamble.

But that's what the hope is.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:50 pm

I don't think it really matters how many shirts are sold of what player. Its not like all Chelsea fans buy a Torres shirt and all Liverpool fans will buy a Suarez/Carroll shirt anyway.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:51 pm

I remember seeing this little kid wearing a Torres Spain top. The problem was he had it spelt "Tores." rofl
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:52 pm

Espically midseason when most fans have already bought a shirt.
    North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Supports : The Famous Glasgow Rangers

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:26 pm

Who cares. Boring pointless article TBH. Cant believe people get paid to write this pointless shit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:25 pm