Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Mal
Barton
dena
Lux
Sean
Jord
Jamie
Danny
Scouser_Dave
13 posters

Richard Keys resigns from Sky

Anonymous

Richard Keys resigns from Sky - Page 2 Empty Re: Richard Keys resigns from Sky

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:50 am

Dan wrote:Tbh, if most people were to make sexist comments in their line of work, they'd be disciplined. Gray has been before and it's his own fault, he's got nobody else to blame. Neither has Keys.

Especially considering they are in a position of 'power'. They were stupid and deserved what they got. No matter how long they worked there, you can't get away with things like that.

ah the mythical position of power. the mighty position of chief co-commentator for Sky Sports. "arise King Andy of Premierleagueshire".

who else possesses this position of power? Bruce Forsyth? Chris Evans? Sue Barker?

they work on TV! they are not advisors to the worlds leaders!
    wellz
    wellz

Supports : The Troops

Post by wellz Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:51 am

I wonder if Andy Gray will be in FIFA next year
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:53 am

Dan wrote:First Martin Tyler's Monkey now this prick. Get in.

This. Great day for Television.

Lets hope they get someone good in, and not some ex footballer, alcoholic punter.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:54 am

It's gonna be weird if hes not, but i doubt he will be.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:54 am

wellz wrote:I wonder if Andy Gray will be in FIFA next year

I hope not.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:56 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    Dan wrote:Tbh, if most people were to make sexist comments in their line of work, they'd be disciplined. Gray has been before and it's his own fault, he's got nobody else to blame. Neither has Keys.

Especially considering they are in a position of 'power'. They were stupid and deserved what they got. No matter how long they worked there, you can't get away with things like that.

ah the mythical position of power. the mighty position of chief co-commentator for Sky Sports. "arise King Andy of Premierleagueshire".

who else possesses this position of power? Bruce Forsyth? Chris Evans? Sue Barker?

I know that and because of that, they've still got a responsibility. They aren't role models exactly, but they aren't far off.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:57 am

Dan wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:
    Dan wrote:They were still at the workplace, no?

Tbh they could've said it on their own toilet seat at home and been sacked if it was recorded.

If I killed someone outside my workplace I'd still get sacked, no?

Presumably you'd be unable to perform your duties if you were doing a stretch inside.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:58 am

Dan wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:

I know that and because of that, they've still got a responsibility. They aren't role models exactly, but they aren't far off.

yeah, they kind of deserve not to get stitched up too. or are you advocating grassing?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:01 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:

yeah, they kind of deserve not to get stitched up too. or are you advocating grassing?

Whatever they did was wrong and they deserved to be disciplined for it. They left theit mics on and made some stupid comments, only got themselves to blame. Gray knew the position he was in, he was on a final warning, he should have watched what he said. He didn't and now he's out of a job. He's only got himself to blame, blaming someone else is pathetic.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:01 am

Dan wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:

Tbh they could've said it on their own toilet seat at home and been sacked if it was recorded.

Wtf kind of example is that?

There is no general punishment for saying "women don't know the offside rule" or "you'd smash it" etc.....how it's comparable to murder I dunno
    pig

I work at Waitrose....if I was just swearing whilst on the shop floor I'd get sacked....but if I walk down the street and say fuck then they won't record me, show it to my boss and get me sacked
    scratch

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:02 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:

Wtf kind of example is that?

There is no general punishment for saying "women don't know the offside rule" or "you'd smash it" etc.....how it's comparable to murder I dunno
    pig

It's a perfectly fine example. You said they weren't working, I showed you that you don't have to be on-site and do something that deserves a dismissal.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:03 am

Poulsen is quite weak and gets knocked off the ball too easily, i think
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:04 am

Dan wrote:It's a perfectly fine example. You said they weren't working, I showed you that you don't have to be on-site and do something that deserves a dismissal.

Murder is different to this. The reason Gray and Keys were punished was because of who they are and because it was recorded....not because of what they said.

You get punished for murder because it's murder...not because of who you are or what job you have.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:05 am

Anychance we can can change, when someone types in Andy Gray, Martin Tylers Monkey comes up instead?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:05 am

Err no
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:08 am

This is not RAWK.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:09 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    Dan wrote:It's a perfectly fine example. You said they weren't working, I showed you that you don't have to be on-site and do something that deserves a dismissal.

Murder is different to this. The reason Gray and Keys were punished was because of who they are and because it was recorded....not because of what they said.

You get punished for murder because it's murder...not because of who you are or what job you have.

You are joking right? Of course they got sacked because of what they said. If they didn't say it, there'd have been no issue. They were stupid and deserve what they get for it. Don't care how long they've worked there, how much they are on, or how good they are. They deserve their dismissal. If I made sexist comments at my workplace, I'd expect to be disciplined at the very least, if I repeated it (like Gray) I'd get sacked. Easy as that. They've not been sacked because of who they are, they've been sacked because they've been repeatedly warned about their offensive behaviour and haven't changed it. Sky don't want to be associated with people like that, so they've dismissed them, it's bad for the company name, so they've got rid. As any other business would do.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:09 am

Luxz0rz wrote:

SO if am a MP. And a journalist records me saying "All women shouldn't have the vote, they should be in the kitchen" You will be sacked. Simple as. Same with any job in the public eye.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:10 am

LFCJordan wrote:Anychance we can can change, when someone types in Andy Gray, Martin Tylers Monkey comes up instead?

No point, he's not anymore.. Richard Keys resigns from Sky - Page 2 599439
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:15 am

TBH, we could have needed that lineswoman today. Them two linesmen were shocking!
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:22 am

LFCJordan wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:

SO if am a MP. And a journalist records me saying "All women shouldn't have the vote, they should be in the kitchen" You will be sacked. Simple as. Same with any job in the public eye.

Er...you don't know what you're talking about mate. You can't be sacked as an MP unless you're jailed for over a year.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:23 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    LFCJordan wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:

Er...you don't know what you're talking about mate. You can't be sacked as an MP unless you're jailed for over a year.

I mean, told to step down. Wink
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:29 am

Dan wrote:You are joking right? Of course they got sacked because of what they said. If they didn't say it, there'd have been no issue. They were stupid and deserve what they get for it. Don't care how long they've worked there, how much they are on, or how good they are. They deserve their dismissal. If I made sexist comments at my workplace, I'd expect to be disciplined at the very least, if I repeated it (like Gray) I'd get sacked. Easy as that. They've not been sacked because of who they are, they've been sacked because they've been repeatedly warned about their offensive behaviour and haven't changed it. Sky don't want to be associated with people like that, so they've dismissed them, it's bad for the company name, so they've got rid. As any other business would do.

If no one did anything there wouldn't be an issue...let's just all be jellyfish and do nothing Neutral.

They didn't do it at the workplace. Their workplace is live on TV (or maybe recorded programmes intended for an audience)....not on a football pitch when they're chatting to a reporter off air or in a room off air. If it was live or on recorded TV then fine.....sack them.....but it wasn't.

How can you really know they've been warned repeatedly? Geez.....all these videos were leaked within a few days of each other and we heard nothing from anyone, even those who have supposedly been offended i.e. Charlotte Jackson when it's been over a month since that incident happened. Smells of a set up to me tbh....

Sky don't care, it's only because of who they are that they were sacked. I think the point you're making that it's bad for the company name points out that it was to do with who they are.....if it was the cameraman off air no one would give a shit.

LFCJordan wrote:SO if am a MP. And a journalist records me saying "All women shouldn't have the vote, they should be in the kitchen" You will be sacked. Simple as. Same with any job in the public eye.

Right, because a joke/banter etc between two football journalists/reporters etc is even 1/10th as serious as a person who has the power to influence local/nationwide laws, schemes, plans etc being totally sexist and planning to stop it.

If you generally mean that a MP said that in his own free time and he had no intention of following up that view in his professional career then he doesn't really deserve the sack.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:32 am

I think it was a set up, but not like a massive conspiracy, just an angry employee
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:34 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    Dan wrote:You are joking right? Of course they got sacked because of what they said. If they didn't say it, there'd have been no issue. They were stupid and deserve what they get for it. Don't care how long they've worked there, how much they are on, or how good they are. They deserve their dismissal. If I made sexist comments at my workplace, I'd expect to be disciplined at the very least, if I repeated it (like Gray) I'd get sacked. Easy as that. They've not been sacked because of who they are, they've been sacked because they've been repeatedly warned about their offensive behaviour and haven't changed it. Sky don't want to be associated with people like that, so they've dismissed them, it's bad for the company name, so they've got rid. As any other business would do.

If no one did anything there wouldn't be an issue...let's just all be jellyfish and do nothing Neutral.

They didn't do it at the workplace. Their workplace is live on TV (or maybe recorded programmes intended for an audience)....not on a football pitch when they're chatting to a reporter off air or in a room off air. If it was live or on recorded TV then fine.....sack them.....but it wasn't.

How can you really know they've been warned repeatedly? Geez.....all these videos were leaked within a few days of each other and we heard nothing from anyone, even those who have supposedly been offended i.e. Charlotte Jackson when it's been over a month since that incident happened. Smells of a set up to me tbh....

Sky don't care, it's only because of who they are that they were sacked. I think the point you're making that it's bad for the company name points out that it was to do with who they are.....if it was the cameraman off air no one would give a shit.

If I was caught selling drugs outside of my workplace, would I be expected to turn up for work afterwards? No. You don't have to have done something in the workplace only to get sacked. And, if a cameraman had a history of making inappropriate and offensive remarks, then yes, of course they'll be sacked.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:35 am

Cameron_LFC wrote:I think it was a set up, but not like a massive conspiracy, just an angry employee

Well Gray was suing a newspaper that Rupert Murdoch owns (who is also a stakeholder of SKY and planning a takeover right now).

You also have these comments from Keys/Gray about Sky telling them to shut up...not apologise, don't say certain things etc and taking into account that both are now out of the job it seems like Sky were covering their own arses and setting up Keys/Gray to look as if they don't give a shit.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:38 am

Dan wrote:If I was caught selling drugs outside of my workplace, would I be expected to turn up for work afterwards? No. You don't have to have done something in the workplace only to get sacked. And, if a cameraman had a history of making inappropriate and offensive remarks, then yes, of course they'll be sacked.

Wtf is with this relation to selling drugs and murders? Those are stone cold CRIMES with a JAIL SENTENCE........sexism is not a crime......especially so in a banter like private conversation.

If the cameraman had a history of it......maybe......but then again why should he if he was in some random bar saying it? Like I said....Gray or Keys could've been sitting on their own toilet seat when they said this and they'd probably end up getting sacked....that's just how stupid this is. Do they really have the responsibility of living a perfect life in every single aspect? They deserve the freedom to say what they like when not on the job and not have to worry about it being leaked to the country. Leak = sacking...A LOT more than sexism = sacking.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:45 am

LFCJordan wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    LFCJordan wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:

I mean, told to step down. Wink

They might get asked to step down, or lose the whip, but you can get that for voting in a different direction to your party. If you're an independent, or quite fancy being independent, you can say what you like.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:46 am

Jord wrote:
    forestfcfan wrote:
    dena wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:I don't care about them getting sacked.....but I do think why/how they were sacked was a joke/farce.

How so?

Because Loose Women is alot more sexist towards men, every day of the week.

Yet when 2 men say a couple of things about a woman, all hell breaks loose.

One rule for one, one for another
    Does Dena know what Loose Women is?

No he does not. king
    Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

Post by Trig Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:47 am

why don't most of you like Gray? his commentating is class

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:07 pm