Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Mal
Barton
dena
Lux
Sean
Jord
Jamie
Danny
Scouser_Dave
13 posters

Richard Keys resigns from Sky

Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Richard Keys resigns from Sky Empty Richard Keys resigns from Sky

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:11 am

Get In cheers
    Anonymous

Richard Keys resigns from Sky Empty Re: Richard Keys resigns from Sky

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:11 am

First Martin Tyler's Monkey now this prick. Get in.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:12 am

Good. Keys doesn't have a clue, smug cunt.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:13 am

Good, I don't like him. Jeff Stelling is the best.

Andy Gray is good though
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:16 am

forestfcfan wrote:Good, I don't like him. Jeff Stelling is the best.

Andy Gray is good though

Think he's good in his role on Soccer Saturday but pretty useless when it comes to actually talking football, wouldn't suit Sky Sports 1 imo.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:19 am

I wonder how Martin Tyler is feeling?
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:20 am

Apparantly they have offered Matt Critchley(LFC TV presenter) a job for the pre match talks.
    Sean

Post by Sean Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:21 am

Martin Tyler crying in his pillow tonight.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:22 am

Jord wrote:Apparantly they have offered Matt Critchley(LFC TV presenter) a job for the pre match talks.

Made up for Matt if it happens. Deserves the step up.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:22 am

Unbelievable Jeff!
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:31 am

I don't care about them getting sacked.....but I do think why/how they were sacked was a joke/farce.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:32 am

Luxz0rz wrote:I don't care about them getting sacked.....but I do think why/how they were sacked was a joke/farce.

How so?
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:34 am

I thought Richard Keys was gonna go on the radio and grovel for his job. scratch

Guess he had to leave after his best mate Andy Gray was shown the door.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:38 am

dena wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:I don't care about them getting sacked.....but I do think why/how they were sacked was a joke/farce.

How so?

Because Loose Women is alot more sexist towards men, every day of the week.

Yet when 2 men say a couple of things about a woman, all hell breaks loose.

One rule for one, one for another
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:39 am

forestfcfan wrote:
    dena wrote:

How so?

2 wrongs don't make a right...
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:44 am

forestfcfan wrote:
    dena wrote:

How so?

Does Dena know what Loose Women is?
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:47 am

forestfcfan wrote:
    dena wrote:

How so?

It's double standards. Women are allowed to say that shit, what I say is fuck 'em.

When I told my Mrs about this, the first thing she said was "A female linesman hahahaha, she shouldn't even be doing it in the first place."

She works in sport too. Neutral
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:52 am

Fucking hell. I hate huge feminists. They piss me right off.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:02 am

dena wrote:

How so?

The comments were made Off air. Freedom of speech...what they were talking about wasn't meant for the public....so he shouldn't be judged on a public audience. If Charlotte Jackson wasn't impressed....so what?

All of it was blown WAY out of proportion. Was it sexist? Yes.....but obviously it was a joke. Even if they were half serious so what? It might as well be random people in the bar....these kind of conversations happen all the time as banter and those people don't get sacked and neither should these two have. People were calling Andy Gray pre-historic.....ok so until this controversy I thought Andy Gray was like 70....but I mean regarding the sexist comments. It's not pre-historic....it's still very common today....and it should be...(in the banter form). There's too much suing, sackings, disciplinary action etc for stuff that doesn't deserve it. Now in offices in the UK you can legally be sacked if someone who wasn't even there at the time is "offended" by anything you say. We're turning into a world where everyone must has to look over their shoulders because there's an surge of miserable boring cunts who can't take a joke or have such a high opinion of themselves that they expect people to care what they think and people to be punished when they're offended.

The problem with it all is that when you leave it to "if someone is offended it's wrong".....you're pretty much leaving EVERYTHING open for court cases as there's no standard of what is offensive and what isn't....what's right and what isn't...it could just be up to some stupid retard who was offended by the most normal thing.

forestfcfan wrote:Because Loose Women is alot more sexist towards men, every day of the week.

Sometimes I'm really bored and reading through women's magazines/women's sections in a newspaper and it's full of utter shit/nonsense....a lot of which is as bad/worse than what got Andy Gray sacked and made Richard Keys resign.

Women have the same attitude towards men that men have to women......possible even more so.....and this is especially apparent in the media because like everything these days if you're Black, Asian, Islamic, a woman, disabled, a terrorist or basically anyone that isn't a white British male then you get preferential treatment in all different kinds of ways........despite what is argued by minority groups who put pressure on weak and selfish politicians. Racism? Sexism? Ageism (I actually couldn't believe that a TV presenter was given compensation for being replaced with a younger more attractive woman.....no one wants to look at ugly people on TV and that's just the reality.....don't like it then don't get a job on TV!) it's all a load of bollocks these days......

The biggest joke is those who say "give more women lineswomen the job" or "give more black players a managerial job"......er....why? That in itself is sexist and racist.....giving people jobs just to try and please pressure groups when it should be about their skills, talent etc.

Jamie wrote:2 wrongs don't make a right...

But double standards are just as bad.

Women protest for equality, yet take and get every opportunity to gain sexist advantages over men. Maternity leave (in comparison to little paternity leave), etc

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:26 am

Richard Keys resigns from Sky 167802_10150093451623151_578258150_6077078_5310481_n

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:50 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    dena wrote:

How so?

The comments were made Off air. Freedom of speech...what they were talking about wasn't meant for the public....so he shouldn't be judged on a public audience. If Charlotte Jackson wasn't impressed....so what?

All of it was blown WAY out of proportion. Was it sexist? Yes.....but obviously it was a joke. Even if they were half serious so what? It might as well be random people in the bar....these kind of conversations happen all the time as banter and those people don't get sacked and neither should these two have. People were calling Andy Gray pre-historic.....ok so until this controversy I thought Andy Gray was like 70....but I mean regarding the sexist comments. It's not pre-historic....it's still very common today....and it should be...(in the banter form). There's too much suing, sackings, disciplinary action etc for stuff that doesn't deserve it. Now in offices in the UK you can legally be sacked if someone who wasn't even there at the time is "offended" by anything you say. We're turning into a world where everyone must has to look over their shoulders because there's an surge of miserable boring cunts who can't take a joke or have such a high opinion of themselves that they expect people to care what they think and people to be punished when they're offended.

The problem with it all is that when you leave it to "if someone is offended it's wrong".....you're pretty much leaving EVERYTHING open for court cases as there's no standard of what is offensive and what isn't....what's right and what isn't...it could just be up to some stupid retard who was offended by the most normal thing.

forestfcfan wrote:Because Loose Women is alot more sexist towards men, every day of the week.

Sometimes I'm really bored and reading through women's magazines/women's sections in a newspaper and it's full of utter shit/nonsense....a lot of which is as bad/worse than what got Andy Gray sacked and made Richard Keys resign.

Women have the same attitude towards men that men have to women......possible even more so.....and this is especially apparent in the media because like everything these days if you're Black, Asian, Islamic, a woman, disabled, a terrorist or basically anyone that isn't a white British male then you get preferential treatment in all different kinds of ways........despite what is argued by minority groups who put pressure on weak and selfish politicians. Racism? Sexism? Ageism (I actually couldn't believe that a TV presenter was given compensation for being replaced with a younger more attractive woman.....no one wants to look at ugly people on TV and that's just the reality.....don't like it then don't get a job on TV!) it's all a load of bollocks these days......

The biggest joke is those who say "give more women lineswomen the job" or "give more black players a managerial job"......er....why? That in itself is sexist and racist.....giving people jobs just to try and please pressure groups when it should be about their skills, talent etc.

Jamie wrote:2 wrongs don't make a right...

But double standards are just as bad.

Women protest for equality, yet take and get every opportunity to gain sexist advantages over men. Maternity leave (in comparison to little paternity leave),

i have never read one of your longer posts and agreed with everything before. keys is a prick and i'm glad he's gone - he jumped before he was pushed and rightly so, showing solidarity to a mate! i think Grays dismissal was very harsh given the facts. the worlds gone soft and the blues are going to wembley!

not a good wednesday.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:59 am

Lux is completely right. I feel sorry for Gray, cos thats 20 years of service and a job that he loved gone because people were offended by jokes that were meant to be private. I think that the person or group of people who leaked those videos should be ashamed of themselves.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:19 am

Tbh, if most people were to make sexist comments in their line of work, they'd be disciplined. Gray has been before and it's his own fault, he's got nobody else to blame. Neither has Keys.

Especially considering they are in a position of 'power'. They were stupid and deserved what they got. No matter how long they worked there, you can't get away with things like that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:20 am

I guess so, but im sad to think of an image of Andy Gray in his house with a beard with a bottle of whiskey,

'Tik a boo, son, tik a.. *starts sobbing*
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:22 am

Cameron_LFC wrote:I guess so, but im sad to think of an image of Andy Gray in his house with a beard with a bottle of whiskey,

'Tik a boo, son, tik a.. *starts sobbing*

Tbh, after some of his comments in the past, it would make my day to know he's doing that. He's a sexist, xenophobic, biased, clueless twat.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:23 am

Dan wrote:Tbh, if most people were to make sexist comments in their line of work, they'd be disciplined.

They weren't in any line of work though....unless you the off air banter job they have silent
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:25 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    Dan wrote:Tbh, if most people were to make sexist comments in their line of work, they'd be disciplined.

They weren't in any line of work though....unless you the off air banter job they have silent

They were still at the workplace, no?
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:26 am

The whole 'lads banter' excuse is pathetic as well.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:26 am

Dan wrote:They were still at the workplace, no?

Tbh they could've said it on their own toilet seat at home and been sacked if it was recorded.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:30 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    Dan wrote:They were still at the workplace, no?

Tbh they could've said it on their own toilet seat at home and been sacked if it was recorded.

If I killed someone outside my workplace I'd still get sacked, no?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:04 am