Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
Glen Miller
El_indian
Dan
Forest
Juventino
Mr Durmmond
Ra's al Ghul
Grenade
Theo Filippo
hoggyboy
The Bat-Man
Gegilworld93
Kelloggg8
Cornholio
Sheppy
Jord
Keanoo
Sean
Pippo
luke.
Jayx1012
SBSP
Roloman4
ricky//habana
menalawyerguy
Cameron.
Jordi
Kuled
Cadbury
Childish Logic
mac
Weather130
Mustangt125
dena
Lux
Danny
40 posters

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions

Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 20 Empty Re: 2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions

Post by Mustangt125 Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:57 am

Unfortunately many college professors these days are like that.

At the college I went to, there's evidence they didn't want to hire a woman to be a law professor because she's conservative.

I know that doesn't fit in directly with what you said, but professors not accepting opposing viewpoints is more common than people think. They need to be reminded theyre not superheros.
    Anonymous

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 20 Empty Re: 2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:25 am

Spoiler:

I wrote that on my Facebook. The late Omar Soliman was right, Egyptians aren't ready for democracy.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:35 am

Two people died today in clashes between both protesters' camps. Civil war now going on. I expect Morsi to resign in the following days.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:13 pm

Looks like with no help from the government to stop the fighting, the group with the biggest numbers are going to win.

Ahly, are you in egypt now?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:20 am

Yeah, I live here now.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:14 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/11/world/middleeast/allies-of-egypts-morsi-beat-protesters-outside-palace.html?hp&_r=1&

Fuck man.

Fuck.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:13 am

"Officials of the Muslim Brotherhood said the group opposed such vigilante justice and did not organize the detentions. And in at least one case one victim said a senior figure of the group rescued her from captivity."

Says it all. Just some lunatics with no real association with the Muslim Brotherhood leadership who were pissed off by the oppositions' protests. Their protests have stopped commerce, threatened security, and caused fear/confusion amongst people. Imagine if Romney had encouraged his supporters to storm the White House after his defeat to Obama.

In fact, some of the opposition leaders have publicly and explicitly called for violence. Egypt is such a mess right now. I was planning on going out today, but the streets are closed down because of the protests.
    Yrael
    Yrael

Post by Yrael Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:15 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/dec/17/us-killings-tragedies-pakistan-bug-splats
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:09 am

ahlycotc wrote:"Officials of the Muslim Brotherhood said the group opposed such vigilante justice and did not organize the detentions. And in at least one case one victim said a senior figure of the group rescued her from captivity."

Says it all. Just some lunatics with no real association with the Muslim Brotherhood leadership who were pissed off by the oppositions' protests. Their protests have stopped commerce, threatened security, and caused fear/confusion amongst people. Imagine if Romney had encouraged his supporters to storm the White House after his defeat to Obama.

In fact, some of the opposition leaders have publicly and explicitly called for violence. Egypt is such a mess right now. I was planning on going out today, but the streets are closed down because of the protests.

"holding them for hours with their hands bound on the pavement outside the presidential palace"

from the article

they may of not organized, but they didn't do anything to stop it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:55 am

They didn't do anything to stop the opposition protesters from breaking through police barriers either. The problem is the Police are either too scared to do anything or just don't care (like they want the country to suffer for revenge to what happened last year).
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:35 am

These people are in charge:

Morsi Aide Denies Holocaust Happened

Those quotes are shocking. This man is in charge of hiring all the editors for the obviously corrupt Egyptian media.
    Yrael
    Yrael

Post by Yrael Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:48 am

Israel forces Ethiopian Jews moving into Israel to accept birth control shots.

http://jezebel.com/5979565/israel-forced-ethiopian-women-to-get-birth-control-shots

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/28/ethiopian-women-israel-birth-control-shots_n_2567016.html

Births by Ethiopian women in Israel fall by nearly 50%

http://www.jewishjournal.com/israel/article/israels_health_ministry_orders_halt_to_injectable_contraception_for_ethiopi
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:57 am

Three al-Jazeera journalists accused of supporting the Muslim Brotherhood have been jailed for seven years in Egypt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-27972181

This backlash against the Muslim Brotherhood is far too extreme and unjustified. This new government is now perpetrating the injustices it overthrew two governments because of.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:17 am

Worse has happened since the coup d'état but people only bat an eyelid when there's a foreigner involved. It was only two days ago that 183 Morsi supporters were sentenced to death after a ridiculous mass trial.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:25 am

Some countries' populations are not educated or discerning enough to be able to handle democracy. It amazed me when I saw protestors in Cairo campaigning for a military coup to overthrow their democratically elected President because they didn't like his policies.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:32 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Some countries' populations are not educated or discerning enough to be able to handle democracy.  It amazed me when I saw protestors in Cairo campaigning for a military coup to overthrow their democratically elected President because they didn't like his policies.

+1 Courier strength
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:01 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:Worse has happened since the coup d'état but people only bat an eyelid when there's a foreigner involved. It was only two days ago that 183 Morsi supporters were sentenced to death after a ridiculous mass trial.

They sentenced 500 or so to death in March, didn't they?

I don't really give a fuck about the westerner they arrested, I'm more bemused by this latest news because Al-Jazeera as a whole were pivotal to Egypt's plight during the initial Arab spring. I think this is a fuck you to the Qataris because of their support of the Muslim Brotherhood. I mean if that's not the reason, then how much involvement could these three men have had with the Muslim Brotherhood? They weren't members like the others Egypt have sentenced in the past.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:23 am

Egypt has had issues with Al-Jazeera and Qatar way before the Egyptian revolution happened. The tensions heightened though when it happened. This is clear revenge on Al Jazeera and Qatar for supporting Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood.

But even a Christian in Egypt (I'm not talking about the Australian journalist) was sentenced to death among those hundreds of so called Muslim Brotherhood members. How can a Christian be part of the Muslim Brotherhood?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:05 pm