Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Pippo
Uncle John from Jamaica
Bushido
blackskar
AriseForLife
Sean
Scouser_Dave
ayvee1
Walcott
Jamie
Trig
bcfcben
luke.
Cameron.
Fanatic
Barton
Mal
Cornholio
Dean
ram_cr7
Hitchy
dena
Kuled
Carlos Jenkinson
Keanoo
29 posters

Bent to join Aston Villa for 18m

ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Bent to join Aston Villa for 18m - Page 2 Empty Re: Bent to join Aston Villa for 18m

Post by ayvee1 Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:49 am

Not worth more than 10m IMO.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Bent to join Aston Villa for 18m - Page 2 Empty Re: Bent to join Aston Villa for 18m

Post by Scouser_Dave Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:51 am

To be fair Sunderland paid 17M for him so they were hardly going to accept anything less than that.

Bent is a quality player and has a good goal scoring record. Could turn out to be value for money for Villa.
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:56 am

I like how Villa are paying 18m during the worst form Bents been in since joining Sunderland Laughing
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:11 am

Can't really argue with paying £10M to Tottenham and getting 32 goals in 58 games for the Blackcats. I don't think he will be able to ever live up to the £18M + [£6M in add-ons], but this is a good signing for Aston Villa. About time Randy Lerner started spending some of his billions on the club.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:12 am

Sean CFC wrote:I like how Villa are paying 18m during the worst form Bents been in since joining Sunderland Laughing

Form is related to mental state and if you believe reports he has wanted out since August. It's obvious he must not have been happy this entire time so you can't really blame him entirely for not playing like he has been for them.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:28 am

£18m?!?

Fuck me
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:30 am

I wish we had money Sad.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:34 am

£18 fucking million Gun
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:34 am

stoke just bought demba ba for 8 million pound who is very similar player to bent, maybe even better

is making perspective yes?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:47 am

Although he like most English players are overpriced...

Bent has proven himself to be a consistent goal scorer in the EPL. I say the price is more than fair.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:49 am

mauro wrote:stoke just bought demba ba for 8 million pound who is very similar player to bent, maybe even better

Demba Ba > Bent no doubt.

Stoke got really really good deal.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:55 am

wot da actual fuck iz he goin der for?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:09 am

I don't think the price is that bad to be honest. He scores goals. He single handedly kept Sunderland in the Premier League with them goals. If teams are willing to spend 60m on Rooney and Torres then I think the fee for Bent is fair if not a little too low. Bent is a way more consistent goalscorer than these 2.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:28 am

£18 is a bit steep but he's worth at least £14million. Proven goalscorer in the Premier League. Relatively speaking he will have more impact on Villa for £18m than Dzeko wil have at City for whatever they paid for him.
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:19 am

mauro wrote:stoke just bought demba ba for 8 million pound who is very similar player to bent, maybe even better

Yeah and no.
    Ba hasn't proved himself in the PL yet. Bent clearly has, however i do find the price quite expensive, but players prices have risen, especially English players. Maybe his price would be 10-12m a couple of years ago, so in that perspective, its not too bad. Suspect
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:20 am

yarnbury11 wrote:£18 is a bit steep but he's worth at least £14million. Proven goalscorer in the Premier League. Relatively speaking he will have more impact on Villa for £18m than Dzeko wil have at City for whatever they paid for him.

Laughing
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:54 am

Silly Villa, you aren't City, you can't afford to pay stupid amounts for players just because they're English!

Seriously though, English players are getting so overpriced, I bet if someone wanted to buy Gary Cahill he'd cost about £20m and he's not that good.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:07 am

dena wrote:£18m!!!!!!!!! Run

Didn't Rafa cost like... 11? Come on English owners/directors of football/transfer guru's/whatever.

Bent is good, but not that good.

Don't agree that £18m for Bent is massive.

Bent has had a great record wherever he has been....with relegated teams, teams where he doesn't get played a lot....and Sunderland where until Gyan came he was the only striker they could rely on.

He's worth more IMO....he's still fairly young and has a lot of goalscoring years left in him....he's only being undervalued because he's not at a top club....where he would probably be scoring as many/more goals.

Look at players who cost similar amounts or more and you're not getting much more for your money...in comparison spend less and in general the player is either unproven or not as good.

ayvee1 wrote:Not worth more than 10m IMO.

Rubbish Confused

Also I heard a rumour this money is coming from the sale of Ashley Young to Liverpool shifty. Hopefully as that'll give Watford some dosh bounce

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:51 am

6th to 17th? Hmmm. think

Sunderland are going places, why the hell does he want to move to Villa?
    FluXes
    FluXes

Post by FluXes Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:26 am

Doubt the moneys coming from the sale of young.
    It's probably Lerners attempt at showing faith in GH and giving him the money from the Milner transfer.
    They have more interest in Downing apparently. I'd rather Downing left then Young.

Apparently Bent wants to move after the racial abuse his mother got and his car getting trashed.
    Aswell as he wants to move closer to London.

Though despite being a villa fan myself i think its money talking.
    He's in Birmingham waiting to be given permission.

I'm happy with it tbh, you have to pay over the odds for players now.
    Plus Only two Premier league players have scored more goals than Bent in the last season and a half.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:27 am