Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
AriseForLife
Lux
luke.
bcfcben
dena
arsenalap11
moscowmadeit3
Danny
Drake
LeBron
Keanoo
blackskar
Grenade
Carlos Jenkinson
The Zlatan
Kuled
Jordi
Barton
Walcott
Royal
Dave_DCFC
Pippo
26 posters

Ipswich v Arsenal - Carling Cup semi final

The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Ipswich v Arsenal - Carling Cup semi final - Page 6 Empty Re: Ipswich v Arsenal - Carling Cup semi final

Post by The Zlatan Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:47 am

That just reminded me of what not worthy Martin Keown not worthy was saying before the game started, 'Arshavin and Bendtner will be thinking 'what am I doing here, I didn't sign up for this'.' And, surprise surprise, they both play absolutely terribly with absolutely no interest at all.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Ipswich v Arsenal - Carling Cup semi final - Page 6 Empty Re: Ipswich v Arsenal - Carling Cup semi final

Post by blackskar Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:47 am

We shouldn't be relying on a home game though should we. That's the point. Wenger made a point of saying he wanted it wrapped up and look where that's put us. Chasing a game straight away 2nd leg.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:48 am

You wont be saying that when you go through comfortably though. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:51 am

moscowmadeit3 wrote:Arsenal will win the 2nd leg like 4-0, no need to worry, seriously. Neutral
    We will, but because we would have to play Van Persie, Song and Nasri and others in the second leg. Ipswich v Arsenal - Carling Cup semi final - Page 6 58503

Should add in midst of congested month.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:54 am

I know we shouldn't be too worried considering we still have another leg to play at home but it still doesn't excuse the fact that we played awful tonight, there just didn't seem to be any urgency or commitment. As usual, we turned up expecting a 6-0 win, when really we should have turned up knowing that they were going to build a fucking Tesco's in front of their box and knowing that their only way forward would be in the air. We keep hearing that we've learnt form our mistakes, but, after that performance, I'd say that's not true at all.
    bcfcben

Supports : Birmingham City

Post by bcfcben Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:26 am

I would be gutted if Ipswich went through and we got knocked out by West Ham at home...i wonna win a trophy for once Crying or Very sad
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:32 am

Come on yooouuuu Bluuueees! Ipswich v Arsenal - Carling Cup semi final - Page 6 644235
    Barton

Post by Barton Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:38 am

Best i've seen us play for a long time, if not ever!

I was very impressed with our defense tonight, very discipline, Delany he was a rock at the back tonight. And Tamas Priskin was Pemier League class tonight, a great performance and a great finish.

I hope the Arsenal fans don't rage at me, but they were poor tonight. Shocking defending, while Priskin was quality Arsenal's defense didn't cope with him at all, it only took a hoof up the pitch and he was through on goal everytime. Arshavin was a load of wank, and so was Bendtner, as usual. Still, you guys will probably hammer us at the Emirates.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:16 am

7-0 cheers
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:20 am

Priskin has now scored against Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal in important cup ties...though this is the first victory.

He runs the channels well and that was obvious today and from his time at Watford....but he needs the right manager, the right style of play and he doesn't slot into squads...you need to make it work for him. He's a clinical finisher but then again has his off spells....

He had one good season with Watford and then left (which didn't really work out for him).....but in that season we were under Traitor Rodgers who was playing a lot like Swansea do now......passing football around the pitch and counter attacking football...which suits Priskin well in comparison to hold up play.

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:21 am

I think Wenger under-estimated Ipswich, especially by leaving Song on the bench and starting Bendtner.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:41 am

Pathetic display from numerous players.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:41 am

Grenade, you must be a fat fuck if you live across 2 cities. Neutral
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:42 am

We might aswell not turn up to play Leeds unless we play our full team, because the team we played today were lazy shitheads.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:28 am

Ipswich. clap

Players didn't turn up today. We should beat them at the Emirates though, the pitch is abit bigger and we will set Nasri on them. None of our players wanted to go in taking people on except Fabregas at the end. Neutral

Against West Ham same team V Birmingham, maybe rest Wilshere for Ramsey/Rosicky i hope.
    Barton

Post by Barton Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:34 am

Atmosphere at Portman Road was incredible, full house and the fans really got behind the team. The result and performance should be the confidence boost they need.

luke. wrote:7-0 cheers

Ipswich v Arsenal - Carling Cup semi final - Page 6 881856

Luxz0rz wrote:Priskin has now scored against Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal in important cup ties...though this is the first victory.

Heruns the channels well and that was obvious today and from his time at Watford....but he needs the right manager, the right style of play and he doesn't slot into squads...you need to make it work for him. He's a clinical finisher but then again has his off spells....

He had one good season with Watford and then left (which didn't really work outfor him).....but in that season we were under Traitor Rodgers who was playing a lot like Swansea do now......passing football around the pitch and counter attacking football...which suits Priskin well in comparison to hold up play.

Problem with Priskin is that he's quite inconsistent, but on his day he's a massive threat.

Last edited by JMB_94 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:37 am

I take it you went to the game Barton?
    Barton

Post by Barton Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:39 am

Of course i did. Smile
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:40 am

Lucky guy Smile Hopefully I get a similar experience next Wednesday.
    Barton

Post by Barton Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:43 am

Should do if Arsenal play as shite as they did against us, they really didn't turn up. Arshavin, Bendtner, and Gibbs were probably the worst.
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:46 am

Yeah sounds like it, Arshavin & Bendtner were poor vs us too. Sadly though I think we missed our chance at the weekend. Sad
    Barton

Post by Barton Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:49 am

They made it very easy for us to score though, all it took was a hoof into the final 3rd and Priskin was through on goal everytime. Laughing
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:51 am

Ahh right, either they were tighter at the back against us, or our passing wasn't penetrable enough to get beyond the last man. I don't think we attack with enough pace to break through their defence just by passing.
    Barton

Post by Barton Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:54 am

Hope you guys do well on Wednesday. Ipswich v Arsenal - Carling Cup semi final - Page 6 284837
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:57 am

Cheers, good luck for the second leg Smile Would be good to have Arsenal being knocked out by two Championship sides.
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:05 pm

Ipswich v Arsenal - Carling Cup semi final - Page 6 881856
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:29 pm

Unleash the beast in nasri, had a good week and a half off now he can hopefully motor through the next 3 - 4 games on top form
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:32 pm

yarnbury11 wrote:Grenade, you must be a fat fuck if you live across 2 cities. Neutral

Or maybe my mum has 2 different houses that we live in Smile
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:39 pm

Seriously, does Arsene Wenger not want to win the League Cup or something? facepalm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:24 am