Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Hitchy
SBSP
Mustangt125
moscowmadeit3
Zzonked
Jordi
mac
Drake
fergiesrednose
Kuled
Carlos Jenkinson
Danny
Jord
Keanoo
18 posters

Dzeko: "Most of the people from Manchester are City fans"

Anonymous

Dzeko: "Most of the people from Manchester are City fans" Empty Dzeko: "Most of the people from Manchester are City fans"

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:08 am

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/864129/new-man-city-star-edin-dzeko-aims-dig-at-united-fans-?cc=5901
    Edin Dzeko has immediately endeared himself to Manchester City supporters by announcing in his first press conference that he has heard the city is populated by their fans, rather than Manchester United's.

Dzeko was presented to the media on Tuesday afternoon following his £27 million move from Wolfsburg and mounted a slick PR offensive as he praised City fans, the club and his new manager Roberto Mancini.

The Bosnian striker, who joined City in the most expensive transfer in Bundesliga history after scoring 66 goals in 111 games for Wolfsburg, says he is excited about enjoying future success with City's expensively-assembled squad.

"I hear a lot about the fans and that most of the people from Manchester are Manchester City fans," Dzeko told a press conference. "I don't know too much about the rivalry but I hear the derby is something special.

"I'm very pleased. I'm here at a big club like Manchester City with big ambition. I saw something else in Man City. It's a big club and I'm an ambitious player and I think we can have a lot of success together.

"It's a project. I need to say it's a very good team with a very good coach. It was three-and-a-half beautiful years with Wolfsburg and we had a lot of success, winning the league for the first time in our history. I was very happy there but I wanted to change, try something new and better and that's why I'm here.''

City manager Roberto Mancini added: "I am very happy the club bought Dzeko. I think he'll be a very important player for the future of this club. We wanted him in the summer because we knew he was the perfect player for us. He is different from the other players we have. Now we have a good mix. I hope he can score a lot of goals like in Germany.

"I think we spoke with him six months ago for the first time. We wanted to know if there was a chance to buy him but we do this now in January. It's important because now we are in a good position in the league. With one player like him we can improve in the Barclays Premier League and the Europa League. We have more chances in this moment.

"He has quality, he has a good attitude, a good mentality ... he's a strong player and he has experience but he is young. These are all things that are very important for the club.

"If one striker scores in Germany or Italy I think they score in England. The Barclays Premier League is difficult but I'm sure it will continue. For me he is one of the best strikers in Europe. With the other strikers we have we can have one of the best attacks in Europe.''
    Keanoo
    Keanoo

Supports : Manchester United

Dzeko: "Most of the people from Manchester are City fans" Empty Re: Dzeko: "Most of the people from Manchester are City fans"

Post by Keanoo Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:09 am

Thread worthy?
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Dzeko: "Most of the people from Manchester are City fans" Empty Re: Dzeko: "Most of the people from Manchester are City fans"

Post by Jord Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:09 am

Haha, what a donkey.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:10 am

And most of the trophies are at Old Trafford shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:10 am

Keanoo ♥ wrote:Thread worthy?

Yes.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:12 am

Well, considering Man City will be the better team (not the team with the best history, but the better team) in Manchester within the next 2 years, he can say what he wants.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:13 am

ScottyBoy_21 wrote:Well, considering Man City will be the better team (not the team with the best history, but the better team) in Manchester within the next 2 years, he can say what he wants.
    What has that got to do with this?

Oh wait it has nothing to do with it just you thought you'd have a dig at us, well done.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:14 am

ScottyBoy_21 wrote:Well, considering Man City will be the better team (not the team with the best history, but the better team) in Manchester within the next 2 years, he can say what he wants.

Scotty has the power to see into the future?
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:14 am

Interesting crystal ball skills Dzeko: "Most of the people from Manchester are City fans" 214775

I'll hold you to it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:15 am

They probably will be better unless we get rid of the Glazers and get people with money who are going to spend.

But yeah, don't see why that means anything here..
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:15 am

but tis true isn't it Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:17 am

kyro7 wrote:They probably will be better unless we get rid of the Glazers and get people with money who are going to spend.

Well this thread is about a player taking a dig at United?

I'm just joining in ... Wink

@ Jord; hold me to it, quote me, whatever.

Doubt I'll be here in 2 years though, lol. I'll be 23 Neutral
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:18 am

ScottyBoy_21 wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:They probably will be better unless we get rid of the Glazers and get people with money who are going to spend.

Well this thread is about a player taking a dig at United?

I'm just joining in ... Wink

@ Jord; hold me to it, quote me, whatever.

Doubt I'll be here in 2 years though, lol. I'll be 23 Neutral
    I'll find you.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:18 am

Edin Dzeko has been in Manchester for all of two minutes before speaking to the press about the lie City fans spread, that Manchester is blue.

So desperate are City to get some leverage on United, they hound their new signings with their nonsense.

“I have heard a lot about the fans and that most of the people from Manchester are Manchester City fans,” he said.

Nobody ever claims that everyone from Merseyside is an Everton fan or that everyone from the Midlands is a West Brom fan, yet bizarrely, the word that City fans are so keen to put out is that ‘proper Mancs’ are blues.

Facts
    - Manchester United have had higher attendances than Manchester City since 1947
    Did we have glory fans from Surrey in the 40’s? Did all those Mancunian reds decide to shun United over the years and choose City as the team to pass down through the generations? Does that logically make any sense?

- Manchester United have had far more success than Manchester City
    United have fans from all over the country and all over the world. Is it logical to believe that fans from the actual city would not support United too? More successful teams who play more entertaining football attract more fans, simple as that. Mancunians are attracted to success and attractive football as much as anyone outside of Manchester, which is why the reds have attracted so many fans over the years, both in and out of Manchester. We’ve had the Busby Babes in the 50s, we were the first English team to win the European Cup in the 60s, having three European Player of the Year winners in the side and we’ve had the Sir Alex years.

- Stockport is blue
    According to the Manchester season ticket report, conducted in 2001, the most popular postcode for City season ticket holders was SK8. In that same report, it was revealed that 7,808 season ticket holders at Old Trafford were from Manchester, compared to the 6,678 at Maine Road.

Manchester is red.

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/new-bitter-dzeko-perpetuates-citys-desperate-lie/

United > City Simples

Also read this if you want:
    http://therepublikofmancunia.com/stats-which-fans-dont-go-to-their-ground-arsenal-chelsea-city-liverpool-spurs-or-united/
    fergiesrednose
    fergiesrednose

Post by fergiesrednose Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:19 am

suppose the same can be said about everton. Cool
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:21 am

Kuled wrote:
    Edin Dzeko has been in Manchester for all of two minutes before speaking to the press about the lie City fans spread, that Manchester is blue.

So desperate are City to get some leverage on United, they hound their new signings with their nonsense.

“I have heard a lot about the fans and that most of the people from Manchester are Manchester City fans,” he said.

Nobody ever claims that everyone from Merseyside is an Everton fan or that everyone from the Midlands is a West Brom fan, yet bizarrely, the word that City fans are so keen to put out is that ‘proper Mancs’ are blues.

Facts
    Did we have glory fans from Surrey in the 40’s? Did all those Mancunian reds decide to shun United over the years and choose City as the team to pass down through the generations? Does that logically make any sense?

United have fans from all over the country and all over the world. Is it logical to believe that fans from the actual city would not support United too? More successful teams who play more entertaining football attract more fans, simple as that. Mancunians are attracted to success and attractive football as much as anyone outside of Manchester, which is why the reds have attracted so many fans over the years, both in and out of Manchester. We’ve had the Busby Babes in the 50s, we were the first English team to win the European Cup in the 60s, having three European Player of the Year winners in the side and we’ve had the Sir Alex years.

- Stockport is blue
    According to the Manchester season ticket report, conducted in 2001, the most popular postcode for City season ticket holders was SK8. In that same report, it was revealed that 7,808 season ticket holders at Old Trafford were from Manchester, compared to the 6,678 at Maine Road.

Manchester is red.

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/new-bitter-dzeko-perpetuates-citys-desperate-lie/

United > City Dzeko: "Most of the people from Manchester are City fans" 225495

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/stats-which-fans-dont-go-to-their-ground-arsenal-chelsea-city-liverpool-spurs-or-united/
    That site biased as fuck Kuled.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:22 am

fergiesrednose wrote:

Yes, Everton will be better than Man United too. Wink

Liverpool will be sitting pretty at the top of the League.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:23 am

Jord wrote:
    How was that article biased?
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:24 am

Kuled wrote:
    Jord wrote:
    Because I said so.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:24 am

Kuled wrote:
    Jord wrote:

You got any proof that their figures are facts?

They don't show any references or sources. They just say it Neutral

For all we know, it could be made up. And it probably is. I mean, they've never said a negative word about their club on there.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:24 am

Kuled wrote:

Facts

- Stockport is blue

Manchester is red.

United > City Simples

What is the point of those links. I read both and there's no points being made
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:25 am

Hey Scotty you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind hey Scotty. Neutral
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:26 am

ScottyBoy_21 wrote:
    Kuled wrote:
    Jord wrote:

For all we know, it could be made up. And it probably is. I mean, they've never said a negative word about their club on there.
    http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:27 am

Kuled wrote:
    ScottyBoy_21 wrote:
    Kuled wrote:
    Jord wrote:

That site looks alarmingly unprofessional.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:27 am

Can't stand that republikofshite site.
    fergiesrednose
    fergiesrednose

Post by fergiesrednose Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:28 am

ScottyBoy_21 wrote:
    fergiesrednose wrote:

delusional. but I wouldnt expect anything else. Rolling Eyes
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:28 am

ScottyBoy_21 wrote:
    Kuled wrote:
    ScottyBoy_21 wrote:
    Kuled wrote:
    Jord wrote:

That site looks alarmingly unprofessional.
    Rolling Eyes Sigh...
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:29 am

Dzeko not worthy What a legend
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:29 am

fergiesrednose wrote:
    ScottyBoy_21 wrote:
    fergiesrednose wrote:

delusional. but I wouldnt expect anything else. Rolling Eyes

I'm the one with crystal ball earrings. I can see into the future.

I predicted that Dalglish would lead us out at Old Trafford. 1 and a half weeks before it happened.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:30 am

Kuled wrote:
    ScottyBoy_21 wrote:
    Kuled wrote:
    Jord wrote:

What the fuck are you talking about, all this attendance bullshit is useless especially when you probably haven't been to manchester to experience it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 29, 2024 3:50 am