Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Jordi
JK
Mustangt125
Jord
Danny
Carlos Jenkinson
Cadbury
SBSP
Jamie
Barton
coolhead33
luke.
Lux
17 posters

Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ?

Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ?

Post by Jord Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:42 pm

Ok so what are we debating about? The quality of your youth? It's not as good as some of the other teams in the prem.
    luke.
    luke.

Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ?

Post by luke. Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:44 pm

That doesn't make the young players we've got shit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:48 pm

which team do u think have better youth and explaine why What a Face

explain thing like the player individually, international representation and honors and the developmental process in their youth acedemy

if u cannot do these things, u are son of bitch Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? - Page 3 599439
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:50 pm

The way of Liverpool? They have a long way to go for 18 league titles and 5 European titles.
    JK
    JK

Supports : Arsenal

Post by JK Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:39 pm

luke. wrote:
    Tom wrote:Youth's looking fairly shit and Abramovic doesn't want to spend 30m+ on players each so that's not going to buy you any world class players realistically especially if they're young. Eventually they could but we're talking a good 3+ years here

Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? - Page 3 58503

Kakuta, McEachran, Bruma, Matic, Delac, PVA, Sturridge, Borini, Clifford, Rajkovic etc. are all looking shit?

Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? - Page 3 58503Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? - Page 3 58503Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? - Page 3 58503

Matic should be given a chance. The guy's a dribble king, goes past players so easily. Eredivisie isn't enough of a challenge. Rajkovic is trash. No positioning or tactical awareness at all.

I'd like to see Chelsea bring in youth, even in the starting eleven. Players as Malouda and/or Kalou out, Malouda doens't work hard enough and Kalou, we all know what I mean with that. Some players are past it or don't work hard enough. You could buy yourselves some classy players or look at your youth. Kakuta, McEachran, Matic, Sturridge (often comes in as a sub I know) are all ready for it.

That's what I think atleast. I know you don't get prizes by playing youth, but imo some Chelsea players lack inspiration and looking at your youth ranks, you have enough quality.

Haven't Chelsea spend like 62m in their youth academy? That should wear off in a few years.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:57 pm

Arsenal fans, STOP TALKING ABOUT OUR ALEX! temper
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:57 pm

JMB_94 wrote:I remember back in the 08/09 season. Liverpool were massive title contenders, how times have changed. Shame they didn't win it that season. Neutral

But one of the biggest reason's for that Liverpool never built on it and added some more quality players like some match winners cause of the owners not spending and i dont care if you win the League you can never stay still and always have to build and Liverpool did not and well the rest is History Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? - Page 3 369140
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:16 pm

JK wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    Tom wrote:Youth's looking fairly shit and Abramovic doesn't want to spend 30m+ on players each so that's not going to buy you any world class players realistically especially if they're young. Eventually they could but we're talking a good 3+ years here

Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? - Page 3 58503

Kakuta, McEachran, Bruma, Matic, Delac, PVA, Sturridge, Borini, Clifford, Rajkovic etc. are all looking shit?

Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? - Page 3 58503Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? - Page 3 58503Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? - Page 3 58503

Matic should be given a chance. The guy's a dribble king, goes past players so easily. Eredivisie isn't enough of a challenge. Rajkovic is trash. No positioning or tactical awareness at all.

I'd like to see Chelsea bring in youth, even in the starting eleven. Players as Malouda and/or Kalou out, Malouda doens't work hard enough and Kalou, we all know what I mean with that. Some players are past it or don't work hard enough. You could buy yourselves some classy players or look at your youth. Kakuta, McEachran, Matic, Sturridge (often comes in as a sub I know) are all ready for it.

That's what I think atleast. I know you don't get prizes by playing youth, but imo some Chelsea players lack inspiration and looking at your youth ranks, you have enough quality.

Haven't Chelsea spend like 62m in their youth academy? That should wear off in a few years.
    Matic. Gonna be a top player, I can see it now. not worthy

And yeah, was pretty obvious Rajkovic was going to be shit.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:22 am

Stop telling them Rajkovic is shit shifty

Delac is gonna me beast too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:42 am

Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:I remember back in the 08/09 season. Liverpool were massive title contenders, how times have changed. Shame they didn't win it that season. Neutral

But one of the biggest reason's for that Liverpool never built on it and added some more quality players like some match winners cause of the owners not spending and i dont care if you win the League you can never stay still and always have to build and Liverpool did not and well the rest is History Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? - Page 3 369140

Or you can be like Arsenal and have quality youth take over and replace first teamers who leave, and only spend in areas of the pitch where the youth don't cover you.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:44 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:

Or you can be like Arsenal and have quality youth take over and replace first teamers who leave, and only spend in areas of the pitch where the youth don't cover you.

And look how many titles Arsenal have won doing that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:46 am

Dan wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:

No more then Liverpool? scratch
    ram_cr7
    ram_cr7

Supports : No sense at all..

Post by ram_cr7 Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:49 am

The-Reporter wrote:
    luke. wrote:

facepalm

facepalmfacepalmfacepalm
    They are not shit, but they are all prospects and not good enough to start. You either have great veteren players or young prospects not good enough yet. Look at the young players at United - Rafael, Anderson, Chicarito.. all starting quality. Arsenal - Whole first 11 adds up to 4 years old.

Laughing
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:49 am

luke. wrote:Stop telling them Rajkovic is shit shifty

Delac is gonna me beast too.
    With Cech to teach him a thing or two, I don't doubt that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:49 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:

What have we got to do with it? You said we should 'be like Arsenal'.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:50 am

To be fair, they were amazing, and the team they have now will probably win the league. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:51 am

Dan wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:

I did.

You can't deny Arsenal have a much better squad than you, and are in a much better position in general, regardless of trophies won.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:54 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:

I did.

You can't deny Arsenal have a much better squad than you, and are in a much better position in general, regardless of trophies won.

They do. But how long did that take them?

We started that under Rafa, he completely overhauled the Academy and we've got some great kids. Problem is, it takes years to reap the rewards. Arsenal were fine because when they started this 'style' they had a fantastic squad that were already capable of winning trophies. We don't. It's too risky for us to rely on kids.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:58 am

Fair Enough.

So let's just all gree that Wenger is the best manager in the history of football.

Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? - Page 3 7oGh7
    Arsenal
    Arsenal

Supports : Arsenal Football Club

Post by Arsenal Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:17 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Fair Enough.

So let's just all gree that Wenger is the best manager in the history of football.

Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? - Page 3 7oGh7

never heard anything making more sense if I'm honest Smile
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:47 am

Chelsea couldn't possibly do a Liverpool Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:56 pm

Seriously?

Chelsea's squad >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Liverpool's squad.

As long as they don't offload their players or go into a financial crisis, I can't see Chelsea be anywhere near Liverpool. They are just going through a rough patch which I think will soon come to an end. They will most likely get 3rd in the league this season.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:47 pm

Chelsea will sort themselves out. Liverpool on the other hand are in dire straights. We could be relegated this season.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:55 pm

Dean wrote:Chelsea will sort themselves out. Liverpool on the other hand are in dire straights. We could be relegated this season.
    No way. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:02 pm

Well, I doubt it, but it is possible.

If there is a year for Liverpool to be relegated, it's this one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:46 pm